Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #43
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
Had a coworker I knew once who's daughter was allowed to test drive a car her mechanic boyfriend at a dealership was servicing..... Needless to say, she totaled the car. The dealership had to pay for the customer car - which I heard was replaced new. Since the girl was given permission by an employee, she was not prosecuted for theft. The mechanic was fired. So yeah....... I think this stuff goes on, and I would hold the dealership accountable if permission was not given.
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #44
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can't imagine any dealership would condone anyone taking a car out for a ride, especially a car that is in for only an oil change. Though if this was the case I would never return to that dealer, free oil changes or not.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #45
Cam2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Carl View Post
Be professional..
Take up your questions with the Service manager..
If not happy, go to management...
You had to sign a work order, for a oil change.. Does it say "will/Might be subject to road test?"
If it didn't, you can charge them with theft of car...
My car is driven to oil change bay by me.. I wait in waiting room, and go get it when its ready..
I had meeting with Service Manager, after buying car, and told him how I wanted to be handled... he was cool
Smart, I did the exact same thing.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #46
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
I can't imagine any dealership would condone anyone taking a car out for a ride, especially a car that is in for only an oil change. Though if this was the case I would never return to that dealer, free oil changes or not.
Dealership didn't....... stupid horny mechanic boyfriend trying to impress his girlfriend did.
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #47
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Think I'ma need to take a quick iphone shot of my miles whenever I drop off my car at the dealer

cant wait to hear what happens, id be pissed too
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #48
Cam2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson9 View Post
Dealership didn't....... stupid horny mechanic boyfriend trying to impress his girlfriend did.
I hear you. Keyword(s) there being stupid and horny.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #49
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Don't the dealership document the mileage when a car comes in for a oil change? I know where I worked they did that away they could put that stupid thing in your windshield telling you when to get it changed again. See if you can compare that mileage to what it was when tou picked it up. Just a thought.

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #50
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
Upon further investigation I have some unanswered questions for them still and a stop to make before i head to the dealership. The ATT receipt shows payment 4 minutes before I dropped the car off. Now okay maybe it fell out of his pocket as he pulled the car around right? But why was it on the passenger side of the car in between the passenger seat and door?!!!! Is it customary to take two mechanics incase one cant drive around the bay or something??
As far as i know there is no reason for them to be on the passenger side of the car for an oil change?

going to stop at the ATT location and see if they can check the time on their kiosk system to see if it is correct as step #1. As far as milage goes the way I figure it I have about 5-10 miles un accounted for since i dropped it off until today.
I am confused. If the receipt says that the transaction took place BEFORE you dropped off the car, how could he have taken your car?
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #51
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroaarp View Post
I am confused. If the receipt says that the transaction took place BEFORE you dropped off the car, how could he have taken your car?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #52
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Because he dident take his car. The receipt most likely fell out of the techs pocket.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #53
LYCAN
Tattooed K9

Drives: E63AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
So here the deal in short... Dropped the car off with my dealership on 1/20/11 for an oil change. Had a friend meet me there and we went off to lunch while they were working on it. Left it right after noon and returned about to hours later.
Today I was cleaning the car and found a receipt from an ATT store inbetween the passenger seat and door showing payment on a customers account for a person whom i do not know, assuming someone from the dealership ... Taking the car out on lunch?!!!?!!!! To run errands?!!!!!!
Absolutely fuming at the moment.

Of course I am bring this up to the dealership first thing Monday morning but want to know what you guys would do/expect?!?!!!! Don't even know how to handle this im so mad right now!

Heading out of the house right now will check back this evening when i return!
I would call the dealership and bring this to their attention ASAP and demand a couple free oil changes and a detail job or two to set it right. I would be pissed off. The mechanics do drive the cars, but out shopping? Ummm, no.
Prior Project Cars: 96 WS6, 96 Steeda Cobra, 93/74/99/01ZO6 Vettes, Supra Turbo, and BMW M3.
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #54
SilentSoul308

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just a thought. You might wanna take a smooth progressional approach on this because there could be several legit excuses (like the one mentioned just above my post). Don't be too quick to assume they used your car for personal business, but I do think you should bring it up to the top boss. Don't waste your time with a simple floor manager, go as high as you can. Good luck
SilentSoul308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #55
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
+1. double check the date & time, then raise all holy hell.
And learn to change your own oil.
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote