Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #15
Vermillion19SS

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro SS, 18 VW Tiguan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosutag View Post
UPDATE: I better get reimbursed for both of these tows now. But besides that the car is out of the trash dealership (Atlantic Chevrolet) and brought to Buzz Chew Chevrolet. I spoke to the GM Corporate adviser today but not much came of that as I was at the trash dealership Atlantic Chevrolet when he called so i really wanted to get the car out of there. I spoke to Vinny the abide manager at Atlantic Chevrolet in person and he seemed a bit of a hard ass but he said to me they tried starting the engine and it wouldn't start even though I and the tow company driver made it clear to the service person that processed the car when it was dropped off on Monday, 5/04 that they should not start the car.
I got Bruce at Buzz Chew Chevrolet to look at the car and spoke to him in person and he didn't make any issues with working on the car so that's a good start. He seemed personable to his co-workers and the place looked like a good place. The other workers were kind as well. Only issue that concerned me was that if the engine does end up getting replaced it doesn't get a new warranty. Any one with more info on that? Is that accurate?

Replies: I will be making a huge deal of GM forcing me to pay for my own tows at this point, 2. I have had nothing but headaches dealing with this that I'm hoping it doesn't get worse from here.
I got recommended Buzz Chew by someone so hopefully it works out. I didn't mind the drive if it saves me some issues.
Your warranty continues as is, that’s correct. I’ve heard of some dealers offering extended warranties thru third parties after an engine replacement (more income for them) but there are plenty of resources for third party warranties without a dealer involved. Just depends on how set you are on having the car covered.
Vermillion19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:14 AM   #16
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
If you'd have used roadside assistance you wouldn't have paid:

https://www.chevrolet.com/frequently-asked-questions
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:06 AM   #17
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
If you'd have used roadside assistance you wouldn't have paid:

https://www.chevrolet.com/frequently-asked-questions
My problem with that is that I had no reception at the gas station so I couldn't look up their phone number for the roadside assistance. However, I did know the towing company's number so I was able to use a phone at the gas station I was stranded at to call them. Circumstances deem the tow non reimbursable so it seems so I suppose that's a number I should keep in mind knowing that I'll get stranded in a GM vehicle again.

My email from GM Corporate was just received:
"We recently received your request for roadside reimbursement. However, our records indicate that you did not contact GM Roadside Assistance at the time of your vehicle’s disablement.

Roadside Assistance coverage is offered free of charge to all GM customers within Powertrain Limited Warranty and/or an active OnStar membership with a Roadside coverage plan. If you did not contact GM Roadside Assistance at the time of your vehicle’s disablement, and allow GM to provide this service, we are unable to reimburse you for these expenses."

Honestly I think that's incredibly unfair considering the circumstances.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #18
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
I live in Bay Shore
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #19
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
I live in Bay Shore
Ok terrific
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosutag View Post
My problem with that is that I had no reception at the gas station so I couldn't look up their phone number for the roadside assistance. However, I did know the towing company's number so I was able to use a phone at the gas station I was stranded at to call them. Circumstances deem the tow non reimbursable so it seems so I suppose that's a number I should keep in mind knowing that I'll get stranded in a GM vehicle again.

My email from GM Corporate was just received:
"We recently received your request for roadside reimbursement. However, our records indicate that you did not contact GM Roadside Assistance at the time of your vehicle’s disablement.

Roadside Assistance coverage is offered free of charge to all GM customers within Powertrain Limited Warranty and/or an active OnStar membership with a Roadside coverage plan. If you did not contact GM Roadside Assistance at the time of your vehicle’s disablement, and allow GM to provide this service, we are unable to reimburse you for these expenses."

Honestly I think that's incredibly unfair considering the circumstances.
A couple of notes. GM's side of this is that they contract with services which gives them a lower rate for tows. Would be nice if they could just reimburse at least for what they're contracted people would've charged them.

Check to see if your insurance includes roadside assistance. They may reimburse you if it does. At least for the first tow. Unfortunately, I think the dealer to dealer tow is going to be on you. Not to say it was a bad decision, but it was your decision.

On a side note, and I'm not completely sure, but if you're covered under powertrain, even if you don't have an Onstar account, I think you can use the Onstar button to request roadside service. Again, not positive on that.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:59 PM   #21
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

UPDATE: I had been in a little contact here and there with the senior adviser from GM Corporate. Most of those conversations were basically explaining that Buzz chew Chevrolet was working on the car and that their first discovery was a failed oil pump. They stated there was no metal shavings in the oil and that the engine was unseized. I'm not sure how they came across that it was unseized. This information came from the GM Corporate adviser.
This morning, Bruce from Buzz chew, the service adviser explained to me that the vehicle has been repaired and that they investigated the rest of the engine for metal shavings and that there were no metal shavings anywhere. The tow reimbursements from GM will not be submitted until repairs paperwork is submitted to GM Corporate, in this case the senior adviser Don. I wa actually told I would be more likely to get a full reimbursement from dealer to dealer due to the fact that the first dealer turned me down and the second didn't meaning my repair was justified but I'll wait until I actually get some reimbursements.

MrChrisLS3:
My insurance does include roadside assistance but they said they would only reimburse me up to $50, which is a joke, because I didn't go through them. GM Roadside Assistance follows the powertrain warranty and you're correct about being able to use the onstar button just for roadside assistance even if you don't have onstar according to the Gm Corporate senior adviser Don.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 06-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #22
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I had a salesman at Atlantic laugh at me when I told him I wanted a 1LE. he insisted the car would be impossible to get and I should go with one of the non 1le cars they had on the lot. Walked out and went to east hills the same day. Atlantic is bad news from my experience.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #23
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

UPDATE:
I am going to be simplifying this part because most of it was waiting (about a month), but for the most part. Basically, about a month ago I was told that of my $2700 in tow bills I would be offered "$65 for the first 10 miles and $5.50 per mile after that" which would basically come out to about $1400 and that Don the senior adviser would get me an extended warranty on the engine due to the oil pump issue. The adviser Don stated essentially about $1400 to me. Just today I received a call stating that I would be receiving about $700 in tow reimbursement and it was hard to hear on the part that I believe they said I wouldn't be getting an extended warranty on top of my powertrain warranty for the engine either. They're changing up the story constantly.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 07-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #24
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Wow, what a nightmare. Hopefully it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #25
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
GM really needs to reel their dealers in and get some control
Old 07-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #26
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
I need a break from Long Island. Good luck with your Camaro. I only let southern boys work on mine.
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote