Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Yeah let me go take a shot of it

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Just got done at the dealer. They said the hail storm damaged several hundred cars on the lot (they had to put a new windshield in my baby, too!) and they sourced them out to dozens of body shops. The one they gave mine to was here in town where I am.

They easily saw the pock marks, pitting and general dullness of the paint on the hood (and a wheel mark! a WHEEL MARK. Like from where they wheeled out the paint. WTF. I noticed it when I bought it in fact but got a deal on the car so I let it slide).

The dealer agreed the entire hood needed repainting. It was in fact a new hood from GM, they say, as they showed me the receipt for it. However, I'm not entirely convinced the body shop that did the work didn't just pocket the money for the new hood or sell it and try to repair the old one. They keep assuring me this isn't the case.

The guys that did the paint job work in automotive restoration and do show cars. They want another shot at it...

While it makes me nervous to let them do it again, they are apparently mortified at the shoddy job that was done. I think they'll take extra care this time, so I'm going to let them make it right, and the dealer has assured me that if I'm not totally satisfied I'll be allowed to choose where the work is done and another new hood will be ordered. I've instructed the hood be removed so there is no overspray on the car, and they are going to add an extra coat of clear for me at my request as well as give me a loaner car.

I'm taking it to the body shop this afternoon so they can see for themselves what a wretched job they did on the hood. If you guys still want pics I can go take them.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
sounds like the body shop that did it has some problems. Pop marks and pitting could have been from the poor equipment they use as much as it could be from they way the spray. Im sure if its either they have figured it out by now. Alot of dealers pay bottom dollar so when you pay bottom dollar you get bottom dollar work. Im sure they will make it look right this time around.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #18
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Really nyrfan? Just leave it be. You made your point in the other thread. Now you're just acting like a d-bag about it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #19
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Really nyrfan? Just leave it be. You made your point in the other thread. Now you're just acting like a d-bag about it.
You're right, but I only did that not to lose the thread. I have since deleted it.