Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Glad to hear everything came out good. Enjoy your baby and leave all this bs behind now.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
But what about the bag? I am just kidding. Glad you finally got this squared away. I am sure you are too!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Glad you got your car back, but...

Quote:
I will say GM was very nice, patient and understanding. However, the senior adviser I dealt with could/would do nothing but act as an intermediary between me and the dealers. I thought they had the power to order the dealership to repair it but she said they did not as each is an independent franchise and they are not linked when it comes to warranty work, nor was GM able to make a dealer in the state I currently live in do the repairs. I had to take the car 4 hours across state lines to get any help. So don't be like I was and have the mistaken impression GM does or wants to have the power to make dealers do anything. If you have issues be prepared to do a lot of legwork at your own expense and make things happen!
...this really wasn't GM's problem to begin with. It was the dealer's. Moreover, as you said GM really doesn't have any power over the dealers besides what's spelled out in the franchise contracts, otherwise your dealer and GM are two separate and very different entities. It's the same reason why GM can't control what dealers charge for cars which leads to ADM. So really GM did do as much as they could to help you out.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #18
ShadowLS

Drives: Black LS
^ I don't know, I really think any time a dealer does something bad or shady towards a customer it directly is GM's problem.

Without good dealers, GM would not sell any vehicles thus go out of business. I would think GM should be very concerned with problems from their customers. Especially if it's because of a stupid action a dealer tried to cover up.

I do think GM actually has a lot more power than you think in this situation. For example, I had bad paint issues on my brand new Sonic RS. Going to GM directly landed me a very good trade in and lots of money down for a new Camaro.

If you have excellent documentation, stay calm, go through all the long and tedious steps and fixes they offer, GM will do the right thing. Glad you got it all sorted out though OP!
ShadowLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #19
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Glad you got it all sorted out. Cool pic too, I actually had to google the gloss mountains because I've never heard of it, which is crazy because its not that far from Ringwood where all my family is from. Might have to go for a drive up there sometime.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLS View Post
^ I don't know, I really think any time a dealer does something bad or shady towards a customer it directly is GM's problem.

Without good dealers, GM would not sell any vehicles thus go out of business. I would think GM should be very concerned with problems from their customers. Especially if it's because of a stupid action a dealer tried to cover up.

I do think GM actually has a lot more power than you think in this situation. For example, I had bad paint issues on my brand new Sonic RS. Going to GM directly landed me a very good trade in and lots of money down for a new Camaro.

If you have excellent documentation, stay calm, go through all the long and tedious steps and fixes they offer, GM will do the right thing. Glad you got it all sorted out though OP!
GM helped you out because it was a brand new car with paint issues. That's a factory defect and obviously their problem.