Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2019, 05:24 AM   #1
Markrose

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
HVAC Recirculation Not Working

Hi, this is my first post here.

I have a 2018 Camaro 2SS. Everything works great on it except for the air recirculation function - the A/C blows hot, cold, everything works great, but when i change the setting for the recirculation to on or off, no matter what I choose, the air comes from outside.

For example, I'll be driving behind a car that has diesel exhaust fumes, and in my Camaro with the windows and sunroof closed, I'll enable air recirculation. Even though i enable it, the air coming from the A/C still smells like the diesel exhaust fumes from the car in front of me. I specified diesel because the smell is 100% NOT coming from the Camaro - it is from the outside.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to check if the actuator is working at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Markrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
It's normal operation. Even on recirculate, you get about 10-20% outside air. This is the case on most new cars no matter the manufacturer. It used to be that it was 100% recirculated, but that led to dirty air being sucked in the cabin air ventilation system. It also traps moisture inside the vehicle, which led to problems with materials. Car manufacturers decided to allow at least 10% fresh air in at all times.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:45 AM   #3
Biscuit_1LE

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Like protovack said, it's normal, for GM at least. I had the same issue with my 2014 Cadillac. I'm not a fan of it either. I have found that it seems to recirculate more/notice less odors if you have the air set to the "face" vents instead of legs. Could just be my imagination though.
Biscuit_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
slvr162ss

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Recirculation Definitely Not Working

I've been having the same issue with exhaust smells and the like. I accessed the cabin filter, took out the filter and with the car running I pushed the recirculate button. The button lights up but the recirculate door doesn't move to the closed position. I'm guessing that it's a bad fuse or bad motor.
slvr162ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hvac, recirculation