Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Questions about Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine

I picked up a bottle of Seal N Shine that everyone raves about and I want to give it a try this weekend. I'm a detailing novice so I have a few questions.

1. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax several months ago, do I need to worry about removing this somehow before the Seal N Shine?

2. How important is claying before application? My paint looks great and I've always hated using clay bars. I've considered getting a clay towel/mitt.

3. I have Xpel on several areas and Xpel Stealth on the black areas of the front clip. Can I use Seal N Shine on top of PPF? Is it worth doing?

4. I am guessing I should avoid putting Seal N Shine on the matte wrapped hood. Am I correct?

Thanks. Any tips are appreciated
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I picked up a bottle of Seal N Shine that everyone raves about and I want to give it a try this weekend. I'm a detailing novice so I have a few questions.

1. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax several months ago, do I need to worry about removing this somehow before the Seal N Shine?

2. How important is claying before application? My paint looks great and I've always hated using clay bars. I've considered getting a clay towel/mitt.

3. I have Xpel on several areas and Xpel Stealth on the black areas of the front clip. Can I use Seal N Shine on top of PPF? Is it worth doing?

4. I am guessing I should avoid putting Seal N Shine on the matte wrapped hood. Am I correct?

Thanks. Any tips are appreciated
1. Yes but you can use a high concentration of car soap and it will get most of it off.

2. You dont have to clay but it would make the application more effective.

3. You can put the ceramic on PPF.

4. Avoid SiO2 on matte hood.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
1. Yes but you can use a high concentration of car soap and it will get most of it off.

2. You dont have to clay but it would make the application more effective.

3. You can put the ceramic on PPF.

4. Avoid SiO2 on matte hood.
Thanks! Gonna give this a try later today.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
miatatony

Drives: 17' V6 1LE
If ur getting it super cheap from Walmart, do urself a favor and just buy multiple bottles at a time lol. I've gone through 3 bottles, love the stuff. Just be careful to use a very dry towel to mop up afterwards on the glass especially, it can leave a slight hazy residue that you can only see in direct sunlight but it's tough to get perfectly clean. I much prefer it over meguiars hybrid ceramic and beadmaker
miatatony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #5
huiez

Drives: 2019 1SS M6 NPP
I agree this stuff is really nice! While you are at Walmart get a bundle of the microfiber towels. Makes it easier to wipe off. Also I think it works well if you spray it lightly and don't overdo it.
huiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
KirkH

I got a bottle of Seal and Shine off the sale rack at Wally World and I am preparing the hood of my car to test it against Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss and CarPro Reload.

I will post pics over time to check the protection.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
camaroJD

Initial application was very easy for a novice like myself. It's been two weeks and I am very impressed so far. I will probably do one more wash before winter and put another layer on then.

Any thoughts on applying this to Plastidipped wheels? I'm worried I won't be able to wipe it off well. My winter wheels are dipped and I'd like to figure out a better way to clean and protect them.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I wouldn’t mess with it on top of plastidip. The plastidip people have some coating/maintainer they sell themselves, or what works really well is amour all extreme tire shine.

https://www.target.com/p/armor-all-e...yABEgJaE_D_BwE

Plastidip on wheels lasts a lot longer with a few coats of their glossifier on top…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
KirkH

Just washed, clayed, compounded and polished the hood and front end. It needed it anyway, I have not polished it since I bought it.

Of course, I dropped my phone and cracked the screen so now I am relying on Siri to do everything so I am havng trouble uploading pictures.

I used Chem Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss, Bilt Hamber soft clay, CG speed wipe for clay lube, Makita PO5000C, Lake Country HDO orange pad, Meguiar's M110 Pro Speed Compound, CarPro Gloss White Pad, Meguiar's M210 Pro Speed Polish, CG Wipeout to remove polish oils, TRC Edgeless Eagles and Everest towels.

I put Adams H2O Guard & Gloss, CarPro Reload, and Turtle Wax Seal & Shine each across 1/3 of the front end.

I will let it cure and then spray it with water for an initial picture.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #10
KirkH

It rained here last night so i have some first impressions.

I don't have a phone yet but when I get one today i will post pics.

The Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss and the CarPro Reload both have equally tight water beads. They look the same. They look awesome.

The Turtle Wax Seal & Shine has a little bigger beads of water and a couple of pools have formed. Still looks good.

I covered the rest of the car with the H2O Guard & Gloss. it looks pretty amazing.