Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
Issue with driver door lock button

In the last week the drivers door handle button to lock and unlock the car has become intermittent. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

The passenger door button works fine and it does it with either fob. It's either the button or the drivers side proximity sensor, that will be for the dealer to diagnose.

Anyone else having a similar issue? (I tried a search but nothing came up)
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
In the last week the drivers door handle button to lock and unlock the car has become intermittent. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

The passenger door button works fine and it does it with either fob. It's either the button or the drivers side proximity sensor, that will be for the dealer to diagnose.

Anyone else having a similar issue? (I tried a search but nothing came up)
Hi mjw930,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having concerns with your lock button on the driver’s side of your 2SS. I see that you’re planning on addressing this with your dealer; have you been able to do so yet? If you would be interested in additional assistance throughout the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #3
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi mjw930,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having concerns with your lock button on the driver’s side of your 2SS. I see that you’re planning on addressing this with your dealer; have you been able to do so yet? If you would be interested in additional assistance throughout the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Angela,

No, we haven't taken it in yet, it may be a few weeks. If we need assistance I'll make sure to contact you.

Thank you!
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
Hi Angela,

No, we haven't taken it in yet, it may be a few weeks. If we need assistance I'll make sure to contact you.

Thank you!
Good Morning mjw930,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me! You’re very welcome, and I’m glad to see you’re planning on taking your 2SS into your dealership in a few weeks. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have in the meantime!

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
Smithr66

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Yeah, this is another one of the minor problems I'm having. Haven't taken mine in yet to have it addressed but plan to at first oil change. It started happening after the first time I washed the car. Might be related.......
Smithr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithr66 View Post
Yeah, this is another one of the minor problems I'm having. Haven't taken mine in yet to have it addressed but plan to at first oil change. It started happening after the first time I washed the car. Might be related.......
Hello Smithr66,

I regret to hear that you’re also experiencing this with your lock, but I’m glad you’ll be bringing it to the attention of your dealer during your oil change. If you come across any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to send a private message!

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #7
obarry13

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I know this is an old thread but this just started happening to me the past two days. Was this an easy fix for your dealer? I made an appointment for Saturday and I'm hoping it's a same day fix.
obarry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
obarry13

I also just realized the trunk button also doesn't work at all. All the other buttons on the door seem to be working.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
Full Circle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Garnet/Kalahari M6
Door lock / keyless ignition problem

Three times now I have had a DOA keylesss ignition after using the push button door unlock. The first time it happened, I unlocked the trunk first, then the driver side door. I then sat down, pushed the ignition button and the car was completely dead. I then exited the car, closed the door and re-entered. The ignition then started right up.

Second time was at home in the garage and simply sat down in the car and attempted to start. Again, nothing happened. Got out, re-entered car like before and attempted to start, again nothing. Placed key in rear cupholder and car started right up.

Third time I had to go get the spare key to start.

Main key has now worked numerous times afterwards with no fault.

Took car into the dealer for 5k checkup and oil change. He acted sympathetic and had the tech run a master electric check which showed absolutely nothing. Indicated that without a fault code in the computer there was nothing they could do. Sent me on my way.

I don't know if this has the same root cause as your problem or not. I read on another website of a similar issue that turned out to be an intermittent ground fault caused by a bad ground on the keyless ignition module. Next time it happens this car is going to be towed to the dealership under warranty. Third time it happens and GM will own it.
Full Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #10
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Anyone get this fixed? My driver unlock button just failed on me

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
Razzaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Smithr66,

I regret to hear that you’re also experiencing this with your lock, but I’m glad you’ll be bringing it to the attention of your dealer during your oil change. If you come across any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to send a private message!

Best,

Angela O.

Chevrolet Customer Care

I have had this issue for over a year now!! Techs have had the vehicle 6+ times and can’t fix it. They keep trying to blame it on everything else. First they said it was my radar, than they said my dash cam. Now they say it’s my aftermarket speakers lol. After removing all those things from the car, still have the same issue. I have stopped taken it in because im sick of going to the dealership.
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
I have the same issue. It seems to be an issue that is very intermittent. It also happens to me when my keys are on my belt loop, I sit down and the push start fails. It reads no remote detected. I swivel my keys up and then it starts fine. I also think it is like the unit falls asleep and needs to wake up.

Frustrating....
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #13
obarry13

It got worse and worse for me to the point where I could hardly unlock the door either. Had them fix it two days ago. They put a whole new latch in I believe.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #14
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
Well, dumb me didn't think to swap remotes with the wife's. I did and now have had no problems at all in 4 days.

think I have a bad remote.
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote