Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 12-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
Adams UV light ceramic complete coating kit

Has anyone used/done this?

I just brought home a 2020 SS and I purchased this Adams ceramic coating off of amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Ceramic...NrPXRydWU&th=1

I had one of those professionally done ceramic coatings on my '17 Silverado I just traded and loved it.

I have some questions

1- clean and clay bar before ceramic coat or clean clay bar and wax before coat? its a brand new car?

2- I have a garage, I know it depends on skill level but what are the odds this goes completely south? is it halfway easy to do?

3- can I do this with out a buffer for the pre/during process or is that a necessity?
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyazzata29 View Post
Has anyone used/done this?

I just brought home a 2020 SS and I purchased this Adams ceramic coating off of amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Ceramic...NrPXRydWU&th=1

I had one of those professionally done ceramic coatings on my '17 Silverado I just traded and loved it.

I have some questions

1- clean and clay bar before ceramic coat or clean clay bar and wax before coat? its a brand new car?

2- I have a garage, I know it depends on skill level but what are the odds this goes completely south? is it halfway easy to do?

3- can I do this with out a buffer for the pre/during process or is that a necessity?
Hey,
The steps are wash & clay first, then inspect your paint for any scratches or swirls, if any are found you would want to correct.
Now you want to wipe down with coating prep to get your paint clean of any oils etc.
Now it's time to apply coating, after coating cures for 24 hour apply Ceramic Boost.....
Hope this helps.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote