#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-20-2021, 06:55 PM   #15
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
I really put this up as tongue in cheek that a Z06 C8 would compete with a ZL1. I thought the sound clips were cool, really high revs at some point.
They do sound intoxicating. Gotta love the flat plane sound. Hence the GM title for their post.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:53 AM   #16
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
People love to imagine anything and everything negative about the Camaro including making up fairytale stories about it's demise, losing vale, diminished sales numbers, whatever their little minds can come up with.

The Z06 will have no effect on ZL1 or ZLE sales whatsoever. IF it does, the effects will be minimal and insignificant at best. For starters, at the price point of a Z06, most of us will be able to get a ZL1 and then mod it to astronomical HP numbers. However I am betting that the C8 Z06, much like the C8 Base/Z51 will be completely locked out by the manufacturer and therefore unable to be modded. That makes a huge difference to most buyers of these types of cars as we're looking to always get more performance out of them. That alone will deter a lot of buyers, myself included. What's the fun of spending that much money for a car and being stuck with factory performance? And as touched upon earlier the price differential will also deter most people especially in today's economy. Not many people are gonna be willing enough to take on a $90K vehicle with an extra $10K-$20K markup tacked on. That will deter folks.

So yes, the C8 Z06 will be awesome, it will look amazing, it will perform excellent, yada yada...but how about we put a hold on false news about the it killing off the Camaro or ZL1.

FTR, IF I do purchase one, it will be absolutely with NO ADMs at all. I don't play that crap. And secondly, it will only be so that I can brag and say I'm one of the first people to own one. Aside from that I'm good. I'd probably rather get the TRX or Durango Hellcat instead.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #17
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
People love to imagine anything and everything negative about the Camaro including making up fairytale stories about it's demise, losing vale, diminished sales numbers, whatever their little minds can come up with.

The Z06 will have no effect on ZL1 or ZLE sales whatsoever. IF it does, the effects will be minimal and insignificant at best. For starters, at the price point of a Z06, most of us will be able to get a ZL1 and then mod it to astronomical HP numbers. However I am betting that the C8 Z06, much like the C8 Base/Z51 will be completely locked out by the manufacturer and therefore unable to be modded. That makes a huge difference to most buyers of these types of cars as we're looking to always get more performance out of them. That alone will deter a lot of buyers, myself included. What's the fun of spending that much money for a car and being stuck with factory performance? And as touched upon earlier the price differential will also deter most people especially in today's economy. Not many people are gonna be willing enough to take on a $90K vehicle with an extra $10K-$20K markup tacked on. That will deter folks.

So yes, the C8 Z06 will be awesome, it will look amazing, it will perform excellent, yada yada...but how about we put a hold on false news about the it killing off the Camaro or ZL1.

FTR, IF I do purchase one, it will be absolutely with NO ADMs at all. I don't play that crap. And secondly, it will only be so that I can brag and say I'm one of the first people to own one. Aside from that I'm good. I'd probably rather get the TRX or Durango Hellcat instead.

I agree that there will be probably ZERO slowing of ZL1 sales with the introduction of the DOHC Z06. Chevy will have its pedestal engine which is GOOD....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:45 AM   #18
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
New ZL-1 's about to take a hit in value....in 2023
No.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:57 AM   #19
avalonandl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
No.
Man you guys are taking this seriously ..... It was a JOKE.....

Old 07-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #20
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Two very different Chevies. The ZL1 will appeal to some buyers just as the C8 ZO6 will appeal to others. The ZO6 will have a large markup in price when it comes out in my opinion.
Given the recent trends in dealer markup for limited edition cars, the relatively low MSRP for a car with this capability and design (mid engine) and the fact that this will be one of the last no-electric supercars, I think we may see a new record in % markup with the C8 Z06.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #21
avalonandl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Given the recent trends in dealer markup for limited edition cars, the relatively low MSRP for a car with this capability and design (mid engine) and the fact that this will be one of the last no-electric supercars, I think we may see a new record in % markup with the C8 Z06.
Of course you will for the first 6 months, it will have better performance than a PRANCING HORSE at 250k....

Old 07-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Man you guys are taking this seriously ..... It was a JOKE.....
Yes I took it seriously. Because there was nothing about your post or statements to indicate that you were joking. From what I read you actually seriously believed that the Z06 will diminish ZL1/ZLE values. Which is why I commented to let you know that you are completely incorrect and that any impact will me minimal and insignificant at best. And that is if there is any impact at all. Plus God knows that there are a lot of false posts here about Camaro sales as it is.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:36 AM   #23
Bowman_ZL1

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Unless they start offering a manual in a C8 or the new Z06, I wouldn’t have one.
Bowman_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well it depends on if people are too stupid to just get up and walk away or not. Or if people are just dying to be the first to have it that they will pay anything so they can brag on social media. Again, there are plenty other vehicles that will have just as much bragging rights including the Redeye, Super Stock, TRX, Durango HC, GTRs, M5, M8 GC, and plenty other vehicles. If anyone does pay markup then they are really very silly considering all the competition. Note that the aforementioned vehicles can all be modded, upgraded, tuned, etc. The Super Stock comes with 807 HP. You think I'm gonna pay any markup on any other vehicle if I can get a Super Stock? LOL!! Let some other dummy pay that crap.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #25
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Well it depends on if people are too stupid to just get up and walk away or not. Or if people are just dying to be the first to have it that they will pay anything so they can brag on social media. Again, there are plenty other vehicles that will have just as much bragging rights including the Redeye, Super Stock, TRX, Durango HC, GTRs, M5, M8 GC, and plenty other vehicles. If anyone does pay markup then they are really very silly considering all the competition. Note that the aforementioned vehicles can all be modded, upgraded, tuned, etc. The Super Stock comes with 807 HP. You think I'm gonna pay any markup on any other vehicle if I can get a Super Stock? LOL!! Let some other dummy pay that crap.
If only the super stock weighed in at 3650lbs. It runs good for it's mass but could also use an updated design.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #26
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
You're probably correct, however, if the C8 Z06 can be had for MSRP, I'll probably pick one up if I can get my hands on one. What will most likely be one of, if not THE LAST domestic, non-electric supercar would be a nice swan song a my 40+ year love affair with American muscle.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #27
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
This thread is clickbait and should be moved to "general automotive", has nothing to do with the ZL1
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #28
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
If only the super stock weighed in at 3650lbs. It runs good for it's mass but could also use an updated design.
While you're right I don't see Dodge investing money into a new design any time soon. They'll just keep tweaking it and giving it little updates with stuff like the head lights, hood, etc.

But the point was that with all the competition, each having their own particular bragging right and each offering out of this world performance, there really is no reason why anyone should be paying any markup on any car. You'd have to be really stupid to pay a markup these days. Unless again it's someone who just has to be able to say they were the first one to get a C8 Z06...which will mean absolutely nothing a year later. Still I could see maybe with someone that arrogant the C8 Z06 might catch a markup with the first few units sold. but if they're still paying them in the mid 1st MY or even worse, the 2nd MY, then they're not much smarter than the GT500 guys who are still paying $20K markups. Literally, outside of being able to say I got mine before anyone else, there is no legit reason to pay extra. And even then I wouldn't pay a dime more than MSRP. There is too much competition out there to be that stupid.