Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-24-2019, 05:33 AM   #169
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
It's been asked a couple times, only available for the V8s for now but they're working on others
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #170
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Installed mine last night and got though the re-learning procedure today...

Without sounding like a noob, why do you have to do a re-learn, can't one simply disconnect the negative post of the battery before installing and once finished reconnect and it's good to go?
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #171
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Vette View Post
Without sounding like a noob, why do you have to do a re-learn, can't one simply disconnect the negative post of the battery before installing and once finished reconnect and it's good to go?
The instructions say you can do that, but it will take longer for the ECU to learn the new throttle body's behavior. Like several "drive cycles" worth of time, which depending on how often you drive your car, could be weeks. Disconnecting the battery for that length of time clears out the memory for the TB settings and the relearn process happens much, much faster.

My new Soler TB should be delivered today. Can't wait!
Old 06-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #172
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Vette View Post
What Z0tex said, and let me add that even if you change a stock TB by another stock TB, the shop manual instructs you to reset the ECM TB learned values, and do the re-learn for the new one.

Experience shows that it is not strictly necessary, most times it works just fine and when it doesn't it is not catastrophic. You might get a temporary code that you can erase and should not show up again or a little rough idle that it should learn in a few starts.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #173
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
I didn't have much luck finding the connector or the parts online. Hopefully Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC has an idea where to get these parts as I can't be the 1st or the last to have lost them to the engine bay.
vidkidz, we apologize for the mishap, we just found out about these new connectors on the 2019's.

It looks like it is p/n 2272975-5 made by Tyco Electronics (TE/Amp). See attached; could you verify?

I'll try to get the connector and terminal (pins) for you to replace it. In the meantime, if you find another solution please send us the quoted price and we'll pay it off for you.

The same goes for all other customers that accidentally broke the locking tab.

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2272975-5 6-Pin Automotive Connector.pdf (424.9 KB, 390 views)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #174
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Whats the Failure rate of a stock TB on a 6th Gen SS? Suppose you get a core back with 60, 70k + miles on it and you port it? Isn't there more chance of failure sooner with that type of mileage? How do we know how many miles is on the used PTB you ship out to us?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #175
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Whats the Failure rate of a stock TB on a 6th Gen SS? Suppose you get a core back with 60, 70k + miles on it and you port it? Isn't there more chance of failure sooner with that type of mileage? How do we know how many miles is on the used PTB you ship out to us?
We have seen zero mechanical failures, zero electric motor failures, and only one sensor failure in more than 100 exchanges so far.

We stock all of these spares, that allows us to give you a 1-year warranty regardless of your choice of new, exchange, or reworking your own. After that, we'll still help you if anything were to fail, for a reasonable fee. I don't see it being more than $50 for a sensor or motor replacement. These units should last a lifetime mechanically, only may need cleaning from time to time, which you can easily do.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #176
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
We have seen zero mechanical failures, zero electric motor failures, and only one sensor failure in more than 100 exchanges so far.

We stock all of these spares, that allows us to give you a 1-year warranty regardless of your choice of new, exchange, or reworking your own. After that, we'll still help you if anything were to fail, for a reasonable fee. I don't see it being more than $50 for a sensor or motor replacement. These units should last a lifetime mechanically, only may need cleaning from time to time, which you can easily do.
If i were to buy the TB without sending mine in, do you start with a new or used TB?
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #177
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
If i were to buy the TB without sending mine in, do you start with a new or used TB?
Brand NEW. Used ones are only for exchanges. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #178
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Brand NEW. Used ones are only for exchanges. Thanks.
Awesome thanks! Will be ordering soon.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #179
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
The instructions say you can do that, but it will take longer for the ECU to learn the new throttle body's behavior. Like several "drive cycles" worth of time, which depending on how often you drive your car, could be weeks. Disconnecting the battery for that length of time clears out the memory for the TB settings and the relearn process happens much, much faster.

My new Soler TB should be delivered today. Can't wait!
Quote:
What Z0tex said, and let me add that even if you change a stock TB by another stock TB, the shop manual instructs you to reset the ECM TB learned values, and do the re-learn for the new one.

Experience shows that it is not strictly necessary, most times it works just fine and when it doesn't it is not catastrophic. You might get a temporary code that you can erase and should not show up again or a little rough idle that it should learn in a few starts.

Thanks for the response from both of you guys, I'll be ordering one within the next week or two.
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #180
Spedee

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Wondering if you considered putting the OEM back on and sending the TM to Soler for further modification?
I did but Mike suggested modding my OEM and then try and sell the Mamo. Price is the same.
Spedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #181
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
My new Soler MTB arrived today. Going on a damn-near stock '18 SS 1LE. I had Mike add a little something extra to the blade. Looks great and I can't wait to get it on the car to see how much the driveability will improve.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #182
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
My new Soler MTB arrived today. Going on a damn-near stock '18 SS 1LE. I had Mike add a little something extra to the blade. Looks great and I can't wait to get it on the car to see how much the driveability will improve.

Next will be to get in line for a PRAY ported stock IM after CamaroFest.
Sweet.............
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote