Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #155
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
That’s the California liberals for you , when you’re out of ideas start screaming racist.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #156
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
That’s the California liberals for you , when you’re out of ideas start screaming racist.
No liberal here buddy ..I ****ing hate California.. I bet you this. I'm sure he loves him some Tuesday taco night..and some big juicy Latina booty.. he's just running his mouth just like you are hypocrite!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #157
RealG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarusSS View Post
You're part of the problem. God forbid people want to raise a family with good benefits when a corporation makes 10.8 billion dollars in profit in 2018. Yes billion!!! I hope you're a 1%'er because if not you're on the wrong side buddy
You are 100% correct in the real world I live in. Idiots saying that workers should get paid based on the amount of work they do only. OK does the CEO making 10 million a year and playing golf with 20 weeks of vacation did he work more than the guy in the paint booth working 50 hours per week at 65K a year.
Sure let’s start paying people based on how much they work.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #158
RealG

The greatest thing about a strike is it puts emphasis on who’s actually doing the work. If the CEOs went on strike the factory would still be pumping out cars and make a profit. When the workers on strike the CEOs are still getting paid yet there’s no cars rolling off the line and no profit.
Who seems more important?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #159
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarusSS View Post
You're part of the problem. God forbid people want to raise a family with good benefits when a corporation makes 10.8 billion dollars in profit in 2018. Yes billion!!! I hope you're a 1%'er because if not you're on the wrong side buddy
I’m just curious: how much education and training does it require to bolt on a fender all day? Honda and Toyota assembly line employees seem to do just fine without a union or exorbitant wages. GM needs to align their costs with the competition of face extinction.

No I’m not a 1%er, and no I’m not on the wrong side of this, buddy. It’s called real life. And in real life your job and a high wage are neither guaranteed nor entitled. Your salary in the real world is not guided by how much a company makes or is worth but the job you do. That’s Econ 101 if you remember your basic economic topics in college.

Unions HAD their place in the 1920s-40s and we can all give thanks to what they worked for then. Today they not only are no longer required but are now a hindrance and prevent the company from being flexible.

I would NEVER join a union. I prefer my job performance and skills be recognized by my supervisor on an individual basis and documented as such rather than a group of people, some of whom may not work as hard or are as skilled as I am.

That’s how you move forward in your career. I’ve volunteered for and accepted more responsibility, and improved on training and certifications, in my job over the years and got rewarded for it. In a union I could never do that. It’s not my job is not in my vocabulary. In a union it’s a mantra.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #160
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
People post this then complain about the price of new vehicles.

Again new vehicle prices are inline with inflation and the added cost of Obama in 2012 with the mileage standards that costs automakers billions of dollars in R&D for new engine and trans technologies and redesigning platforms to use newer metals and advanced light weight designs. So several thousand of those dollars at a minimum can be blamed squarely on him. Also the lack of a followup meeting with the manufacturers that was supposed to happen which he never fulfilled either. Wish folks would pay attention to the why of things more....

So u can get a new SS for $35k and a 2002 was 23-25k with options. So we're actually not doing too badly. The people who like bells, whistles and gadgets get it in the rear though.

Stupid quoting dammit!
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:09 AM   #161
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange devil View Post
Hey there's a lot of good Toyota's out there that are pretty reliable made in Mexico.. Why you getting all racist and s*** now?

Yes and all the money you paid for foreign crap goes right back out of the country.

Domestic regardless of build location benefits 3 Americans, foreign regardless of where built benefits 1 American. It's not even a fair comparison.

I wish more people actually gave a damn about their neighbors and the guy down the street. It would be better for us all.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:13 AM   #162
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
The greatest thing about a strike is it puts emphasis on who’s actually doing the work. If the CEOs went on strike the factory would still be pumping out cars and make a profit. When the workers on strike the CEOs are still getting paid yet there’s no cars rolling off the line and no profit.
Who seems more important?
you obviously have no idea what job a CEO does. A bad CEO can sink a company, a good CEO can take a company in shambles and turn it around. It's no easy job.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:10 AM   #163
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
you obviously have no idea what job a CEO does. A bad CEO can sink a company, a good CEO can take a company in shambles and turn it around. It's no easy job.

Substitute employees for CEO and it works either way....
Old 10-10-2019, 05:20 AM   #164
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I’m just curious: how much education and training does it require to bolt on a fender all day? Honda and Toyota assembly line employees seem to do just fine without a union or exorbitant wages. GM needs to align their costs with the competition of face extinction.

No I’m not a 1%er, and no I’m not on the wrong side of this, buddy. It’s called real life. And in real life your job and a high wage are neither guaranteed nor entitled. Your salary in the real world is not guided by how much a company makes or is worth but the job you do. That’s Econ 101 if you remember your basic economic topics in college.

Unions HAD their place in the 1920s-40s and we can all give thanks to what they worked for then. Today they not only are no longer required but are now a hindrance and prevent the company from being flexible.

I would NEVER join a union. I prefer my job performance and skills be recognized by my supervisor on an individual basis and documented as such rather than a group of people, some of whom may not work as hard or are as skilled as I am.

That’s how you move forward in your career. I’ve volunteered for and accepted more responsibility, and improved on training and certifications, in my job over the years and got rewarded for it. In a union I could never do that. It’s not my job is not in my vocabulary. In a union it’s a mantra.

Agree 100%

I'd add, it's not GMs responsibility to pay you enough to raise a family while being able to afford your wants and needs. Should they give you a raise because you had another kid? It's YOUR JOB to find that job and be worth enough to do that or adjust your lifestyle.

I work in a field that is also covered by a union, but I work at a non union shop. I get paid more and have better benefits than all but the highest foreman level union members. It's because I'm (somewhat) good at my job and I've proven my worth.

I was in the union once, about 13 years ago. The shop I applied at required it. The union 1st, above all else looks out for itself. It also gets in its own way and causes a lot of problems. I hope I'm never in another union.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:25 AM   #165
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Substitute employees for CEO and it works either way....
One is easily replaced and trained. The other is not.

I do agree Barra is over payed and overrated though. But let's not elevate the quality of the line workers and their importance. The idea of a strike is bullshit in itself. They know they're easily replaced so they band together to bully the company into getting more than they deserve?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #166
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
They know they're easily replaced so they band together to bully the company into getting more than they deserve?
Yep that's exactly what unions do. And it's not just the UAW. Teachers, public service, heck look at how powerful the pro sports unions are. I frankly don't care if the owners are all billionaires...... there's people right now with major-league level baseball skills who'd play on the worst team in the league for a ham sandwich if they could.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #167
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Yep that's exactly what unions do. And it's not just the UAW. Teachers, public service, heck look at how powerful the pro sports unions are. I frankly don't care if the owners are all billionaires...... there's people right now with major-league level baseball skills who'd play on the worst team in the league for a ham sandwich if they could.
Sounds like some of you need a history lesson as to why there were unions in the first place.

While I agree that lately they have been problematic, if it weren't for Unions, many of the things you enjoy today wouldn't be here.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 AM   #168
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
Sounds like some of you need a history lesson as to why there were unions in the first place.

While I agree that lately they have been problematic, if it weren't for Unions, many of the things you enjoy today wouldn't be here.
Like I said in my previous post, we can give thanks to the unions for what they did for us back in the 1920s-40s. They really were vital to creating a safe work environment and minimum wage.

Today we have laws that protect those, and minimum wage is not nor should ever be considered something to make a career on.

Unions today are no longer needed. I have a pretty firm grasp of history, so I understand what you are saying. But again, unions TODAY are no longer needed. 70+ years ago, yes absolutely 100% without a doubt.

But not today. Keep in mind, companies now utilize the human resources department which really does work effectively as a place for employees to "air their gripes" so to speak.

The turning point from where unions went from being important and required to a bog on the company started in the 1960s. The unions started taking their power to control the companies. The simple threat of a strike would wind up with a re-negotiated contract that gave the floor sweepers $20.00/hr, free healthcare, and let people leave early and their "buddy" punching out for them. Floor managers were powerless to discipline workers for bad behavior.

Then you add politics and other nonsense, it becomes far more complicated than simply building a car. That's what they're employed to do. Nothing else. That's what they are PAID to do, and at least with car production they really do a job that anyone can do. They should not be protected carte blanche.