Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-09-2022, 07:27 PM   #1
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
New ZL1 Order

Ordered today. A new 2022 red hot ZL1. Hopefully it does not turn into a 2023 order.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:23 AM   #2
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Very nice. I'm close to ordering my 22 also. What were the terms, if you don't mind me asking...? You don't have to be too specific - mainly wondering if you were able to get below msrp and what the deposit was
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Very nice. I'm close to ordering my 22 also. What were the terms, if you don't mind me asking...? You don't have to be too specific - mainly wondering if you were able to get below msrp and what the deposit was
Sure thing. I qualify for GMS Employee Pricing so I get the discount off MSRP. Build price $70,533, GMS $65,578 (that's with the gas guzzler tax and destination). They were asking $2500 down payment but I have bought a lot of cars from them so $1000 deposit refundable.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:02 PM   #4
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Sure thing. I qualify for GMS Employee Pricing so I get the discount off MSRP. Build price $70,533, GMS $65,578 (that's with the gas guzzler tax and destination). They were asking $2500 down payment but I have bought a lot of cars from them so $1000 deposit refundable.
Nice, thank you
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:16 PM   #5
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Ordered today. A new 2022 red hot ZL1. Hopefully it does not turn into a 2023 order.
ordered my ZL1 from bomnin miami (one of the highest volume/allocation dealers) in late December. Car is still in accepted by gm and moving towards vehicle production. Good luck but i dont think you'll be in luck for this year. I'm actually going to be placing an order for an M3 Comp just incase. See which one arrives first
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 04:32 PM   #6
CruiznZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Placed my order a week ago and was told about 6 months from the dealership. Been calling around as well trying to find one in transit with no luck. Tough market out there.
CruiznZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiznZ View Post
Placed my order a week ago and was told about 6 months from the dealership. Been calling around as well trying to find one in transit with no luck. Tough market out there.
6 months wait, that'll put you in a 2023, yeah?

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:14 PM   #8
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Some say it's 6mo-1year because they don't build them, but I ordered one from guys confident they have allocation, and specifically checked if anything on my order is in constrains... Will this be quick? Who knows, I don't care, as long as deposit is refundable...

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:52 PM   #9
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
GM and dealerships are running this allocation operation as poorly as anyone has ever seen. They can’t sell Camaros to save the brand and for many other different reasons and when people actually want to purchase a factory car they get the run arounds. Pathetic to say the least.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:28 PM   #10
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
GM and dealerships are running this allocation operation as poorly as anyone has ever seen. They can’t sell Camaros to save the brand and for many other different reasons and when people actually want to purchase a factory car they get the run arounds. Pathetic to say the least.
Indeed. There are some dealers in my area who will not budget from their 10-15k markup, which is a joke in itself. I built a unit back in April of 2021, finally got delivered end of September, early October but due to some unforeseen circumstances with my company, I could not take delivery (literally the day before). They kept calling seemingly want to deal but I just couldn't do it. Shortly thereafter my situation changed but the car had been sold to someone who walked in and paid 15k over!!! When I requested do place another order, I made it clear I wasn't playing that game. My sales guy called me back and told me they are sticking to the 15k over. I laughed and walked, telling him I'd order from a different dealership.

When the dealer isn't playing the excessive markup game, they want you to sign a contract on a car that either hasn't been delivered or you haven't even seen, which I refuse to do. This market has made me sick but I do not see it changing anytime soon.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:08 PM   #11
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Congrats, I've been telling people to order what they want as it's only going to be harder to find what you want in the used car market. You figure if GM is trying to make people sell at MSRP, now is the time to get a new car over a used car that won't have MSRP tied to the price. Good luck on getting a 2022. Keep an eye on the constraints thread to help you make sure that you don't have an option that's backordered.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:16 PM   #12
Mac7504

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Congrats, I've been telling people to order what they want as it's only going to be harder to find what you want in the used car market. You figure if GM is trying to make people sell at MSRP, now is the time to get a new car over a used car that won't have MSRP tied to the price. Good luck on getting a 2022. Keep an eye on the constraints thread to help you make sure that you don't have an option that's backordered.
What GM stated about markups definitely is not making an impact. Dealers do not car. The dealer I posted about above is a corporate dealer and when I brought up that very issue they didn't care and stated "corporate sets the markup not us" which is bs.

I have a dealer right now who refuses to take my deposit for over 2 days after we negotiated what I feel is a good price for me..I think now they've realized this and holding off in hopes of someone paying a helluva lot more.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:02 PM   #13
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
What GM stated about markups definitely is not making an impact. Dealers do not car. The dealer I posted about above is a corporate dealer and when I brought up that very issue they didn't care and stated "corporate sets the markup not us" which is bs.

I have a dealer right now who refuses to take my deposit for over 2 days after we negotiated what I feel is a good price for me..I think now they've realized this and holding off in hopes of someone paying a helluva lot more.

I have to be honest, I think that my dealership was fine working with me because I had a trade-in that they really wanted. When they told me what my trade-in amount was, I told them that the amount was at least $4000 less than I was wanting. That's when I told them that I had access to GM employee pricing. After convincing them that I would be just fine with selling my car to the dealership next door, they agreed to sell the ZL1 to me at employee pricing, so the $4000 was practically a wash at the end of the day.

Are you trading anything in or are you just buying the Camaro? If you have a newer model year vehicle for a trade-in, you are more attractive to the dealership trying to sell the car to you. Keep calling around, given today's climate it just takes a little patience. Good luck!
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:21 PM   #14
Mac7504

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I have to be honest, I think that my dealership was fine working with me because I had a trade-in that they really wanted. When they told me what my trade-in amount was, I told them that the amount was at least $4000 less than I was wanting. That's when I told them that I had access to GM employee pricing. After convincing them that I would be just fine with selling my car to the dealership next door, they agreed to sell the ZL1 to me at employee pricing, so the $4000 was practically a wash at the end of the day.

Are you trading anything in or are you just buying the Camaro? If you have a newer model year vehicle for a trade-in, you are more attractive to the dealership trying to sell the car to you. Keep calling around, given today's climate it just takes a little patience. Good luck!
No sir, no trade in. My only Chevy is a very heavily modded 1 of 2003 Monte Carlo, which I'd never give up.

I have a dealer I'm working with but they are now only willing to hold the car for 2 days with a deposit. Stating they typically would not even take a deposit or an in stock car which is bs because they didn't say that 2 weeks ago. Now they are trying to get me to sign a contract.
I just spoke to them that I'd sign a contract but with no deposit down. I'd still have a right of refusal if anything were off with the car but I doubt the gm would bite. I can't book a flight last min, correction, not willing to book a flight last min only to have the car sell. The price of the flight last week to this week went up 3x because they felt they would sell it this weekend, which they didn't. So stupid.
Some of these dealers make it so hard to sell a car. Lol