Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Phastek Performance

Old 01-23-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Experience with Jtm motorsports?

Anyone on here ever use jtm in deer park for work? I have a set of headers I’d like to have installed and I’d like to get the car tuned for e85 as well. Just wondering if they are trustworthy or if I should try and get the car up to jannetty racing when possible.
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
I have not used them but I have heard pros / cons about them.

But again that’s with any shop-

Personally I didn’t like jannetty - got pretty rude customer service - wanted me to buy all parts from them at full price when I already had parts-

Go with JTM over jannety -
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:42 PM   #3
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
I have not used them but I have heard pros / cons about them.

But again that’s with any shop-

Personally I didn’t like jannetty - got pretty rude customer service - wanted me to buy all parts from them at full price when I already had parts-

Go with JTM over jannety -
Well, as another "data point", nobody at Ted's shop has ever been rude to me, in fact he had given me valuable info and advice well before I ever bought anything from them, and every member of his team I ever interacted with was helpful, friendly and professional.

I don't and can't know what exactly happened there, but disagreements and unwillingness to take full responsibility for a build with unknown customer supplied parts isn't necessarily equal to rudeness...

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:02 AM   #4
cmeJATT

Like I said - every shop has pros and cons -

And it wasn’t “rudeness” just for him telling me he doesn’t want to use my BRAND NEW parts I already purchased to build the car but many other things during my convo with them.

I don’t recall who I spoke to- not sure if it was Ted or someone else-

Also, 3 of my close friends use Jannetty — 2 of them swear by him and 1 of them switched- so I guess really matter the type of connection or bond you build with them -

At end of day both are great shops -

I would also look at which shop is closer in terms of routine check ups and stuff or which is more convenient to get to from your locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Well, as another "data point", nobody at Ted's shop has ever been rude to me, in fact he had given me valuable info and advice well before I ever bought anything from them, and every member of his team I ever interacted with was helpful, friendly and professional.

I don't and can't know what exactly happened there, but disagreements and unwillingness to take full responsibility for a build with unknown customer supplied parts isn't necessarily equal to rudeness...
Old 01-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Ok so I totally understand cmeJatt as I used Jannetty for my build and had purchased some parts somewhere else also. Ted wasn't to happy that parts where not purchased from him but I totally understand him as they make money on parts but then again they will charge you more for labor if you don't buy parts from them. All I can say is after the air was cleared between us they are amazing. I will only deal with Jannetty and only issue I had with them.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:35 PM   #6
cmeJATT

Yeap that was one of my issue with them- I was doing Whipple build but obviously wasn’t ready to spend $$ all at once so I started buying brand new parts 2 years before- after I collected all the parts I hit up jannety but was given run around / extra labor cost / also my build date was being pushed back 9-10 months —

But when my boy asked for similar build (then supplying the parts ) it was 2-3 months —

But again nothing against the shop- I understand they want to make money ( I would understand more of people were bringing used parts) but eh—

Ultimately choose another shop and 100% satisfied with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Ok so I totally understand cmeJatt as I used Jannetty for my build and had purchased some parts somewhere else also. Ted wasn't to happy that parts where not purchased from him but I totally understand him as they make money on parts but then again they will charge you more for labor if you don't buy parts from them. All I can say is after the air was cleared between us they are amazing. I will only deal with Jannetty and only issue I had with them.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #7
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
JTM for the win.

John is one of the best for sure, my guys from upstate NY travel hours to Long Island for his work/ tuning. Great support at any time.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote