Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2022, 12:45 PM   #57
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Dude been here a day and already starting stuff...SMH.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #58
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
And you, sir, are the reason I responded to the claim that traditional cooling systems can’t keep up. The buzz on interchillers gets just a little far fetched. Do you actually know someone with a properly installed cooling system that needs ice to just drive the car?
Quote me where I said that in this or any other thread.

I don't know anyone who even has that crap installed. But if you think that a tank of water in your trunk on a 100+ degree mid Summer day with 100% humidity will have anywhere even close to the cooling effects of a chiller then maybe you don't know as much as you think you know. Because, news flash pal, it won't. And you can comment 20 more times and it still won't. That's why you put ice in there. And then you refill it with more ice. And then again. If it had the same or even effective cooling without ice then there would be no need to put any in there in the first place. And like I said, for the purposes of having a system that does all it's work by itself after install without having to mess with anything, a chiller is ideal and has a better all around purpose than your ice tank...I mean, your water tank.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #59
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Quote me where I said that in this or any other thread.

I don't know anyone who even has that crap installed. But if you think that a tank of water in your trunk on a 100+ degree mid Summer day with 100% humidity will have anywhere even close to the cooling effects of a chiller then maybe you don't know as much as you think you know. Because, news flash pal, it won't. And you can comment 20 more times and it still won't. That's why you put ice in there. And then you refill it with more ice. And then again. If it had the same or even effective cooling without ice then there would be no need to put any in there in the first place. And like I said, for the purposes of having a system that does all it's work by itself after install without having to mess with anything, a chiller is ideal and has a better all around purpose than your ice tank...I mean, your water tank.
It was in reference to this: “For a DD, I personally wouldn't wanna have to lug a couple bags of ice out to fill the darn thing for my commute home.”

To recap (again). An interchiller is basically like putting ice in an ice tank as far as the observed MAT temps (during the pull). If you are not putting ice in a tank, there is no way you’re going to match what you get from an interchiller. The only real disagreement here is in absence of ice just how much does a traditional tank, heat exchanger and upgraded pump suffer. The quote I shared above and the general consensus by the guy who just taunted me on FB Messenger like a child (not you BlaqWhole) seems to be that it makes the car either 1) not drivable, or 2) super slow because it’s so hot. I’m telling you that after hot lapping the car with no ice at the track, 15-20 degrees is not a MASSIVE difference in performance. For me, it wasn’t measurable in ET or trap speed. I use the track as an example because it was the same day, same conditions. There is no reason to believe that this wouldn’t apply to the street as the car just went 8.50 at 163 MPH and backed it up with no ice and MAT temps about 15 degrees higher.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:56 PM   #60
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
It was in reference to this: “For a DD, I personally wouldn't wanna have to lug a couple bags of ice out to fill the darn thing for my commute home.”
Or you can admit that you made a mistake or misunderstood what I said and falsely made an accusation.

You said you responded to my "claim that the traditional cooling systems can't keep up". And there was nowhere I said that. So you were wrong. I did not make that claim. There is no arguing that and thru no twist or turn of the most dramatic imagination would anyone come to the conclusion you came to. You made a mistake. Grow up, accept it, and move on.

Quote:
To recap (again). An interchiller is basically like putting ice in an ice tank as far as the observed MAT temps (during the pull). If you are not putting ice in a tank, there is no way you’re going to match what you get from an interchiller. The only real disagreement here is in absence of ice just how much does a traditional tank, heat exchanger and upgraded pump suffer. The quote I shared above and the general consensus by the guy who just taunted me on FB Messenger like a child (not you BlaqWhole) seems to be that it makes the car either 1) not drivable, or 2) super slow because it’s so hot. I’m telling you that after hot lapping the car with no ice at the track, 15-20 degrees is not a MASSIVE difference in performance. For me, it wasn’t measurable in ET or trap speed. I use the track as an example because it was the same day, same conditions. There is no reason to believe that this wouldn’t apply to the street as the car just went 8.50 at 163 MPH and backed it up with no ice and MAT temps about 15 degrees higher.
Nobody needs your recap. We all know what a chiller does. And the one area where you are correct is that a tank will not match or come close to matching a chiller without ice in it. So without ice in it the darn thing is useless. Unless you want hot water circulating thru your system on a 100+ degree day.

Regardless of what you claim you do at the track, we're talking about street DD use. And for street DD use, I can install my chiller and never ever have to look at it because it will do it's job independent of me. If I put an ice tank in my trunk, despite your false statements to the contrary, it WILL get hot, it WILL start to circulate hot water, it WILL increase your temps (which is the exact opposite of the entire reason it is installed in the first place), and it WILL result in a loss of performance over a chiller in DD street driving. Now if you want to argue physics and common sense then go right ahead. But while a chiller will lower your temps resulting in a performance increase, without lugging ice and dumping it into your tank, you will not have that same effect with a tank.

So no, I would not want to have to lug bags of ice out to my trunk for my 70+ mile commute home in North NJ traffic during the Summer months when I can have a chiller installed that will take care of everything without my interference.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #61
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Or you can admit that you made a mistake or misunderstood what I said and falsely made an accusation.

You said you responded to my "claim that the traditional cooling systems can't keep up". And there was nowhere I said that. So you were wrong. I did not make that claim. There is no arguing that and thru no twist or turn of the most dramatic imagination would anyone come to the conclusion you came to. You made a mistake. Grow up, accept it, and move on.

Nobody needs your recap. We all know what a chiller does. And the one area where you are correct is that a tank will not match or come close to matching a chiller without ice in it. So without ice in it the darn thing is useless. Unless you want hot water circulating thru your system on a 100+ degree day.

Regardless of what you claim you do at the track, we're talking about street DD use. And for street DD use, I can install my chiller and never ever have to look at it because it will do it's job independent of me. If I put an ice tank in my trunk, despite your false statements to the contrary, it WILL get hot, it WILL start to circulate hot water, it WILL increase your temps (which is the exact opposite of the entire reason it is installed in the first place), and it WILL result in a loss of performance over a chiller in DD street driving. Now if you want to argue physics and common sense then go right ahead. But while a chiller will lower your temps resulting in a performance increase, without lugging ice and dumping it into your tank, you will not have that same effect with a tank.

So no, I would not want to have to lug bags of ice out to my trunk for my 70+ mile commute home in North NJ traffic during the Summer months when I can have a chiller installed that will take care of everything without my interference.
Obviously there’s no arguing with guys who think horsepower numbers in their signature says anything about how the car performs. My 4.5 year track record with this car without your godly interchiller speaks for itself and will continue to do so.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #62
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

He’s comparing his (race car) to a street car. Lol. His race car also runs full ethanol or c16. I bet he left that part out on purpose too.

My 2 pulls were on 93.

Now if you want to compare my 60-130 on some ethanol it’s 4.94 and the last log I have is Under 90F after a pull.

He completely derailed the topic that adding a chiller helped performance in the summer then goes on to brag about his times, money and his super dooper pump and tank. This wasn’t was the topic was about but thanks for your infinite wisdom.

The only ice he uses is for standing on the bag so he can see over his fender. Hey at least I’m tall enough to go on adult rides at Disneyland. See like you poke fun at people with cars inferior to yours, I’ll do the same.
Attached Images

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90

Last edited by Camaro1973; 05-08-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #63
Camaro1973

Quote:
Obviously there’s no arguing with guys who think horsepower numbers in their signature says anything about how the car performs. My 4.5 year track record with this car without your godly interchiller speaks for itself and will continue to do so.
No one cares for your opinion on your (race car) as the topic has nothing to do with your car, your setup. It was directly comparing a non chiller to a chiller on a street driven car on 93 octane.

You just threw your 2 cents in bragging about your car.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 05-08-2022, 04:23 PM   #64
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yea, because you have an ice tank that you put (GASP) ice in. Or are you running hot water thru it?

I don't know anything about you, I never heard of you before, and I don't care about your track record. I bought my car and built it to MY needs...which was to have a powerful car that I can DD. Having a system that does not need to be touched and can operate on it's own without any interference and can chill the temps and provide a proven significant boost in performance suits my purposes. What you do with YOUR car at the track is none of my concern.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #65
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
No one cares for your opinion on your (race car) as the topic has nothing to do with your car, your setup. It was directly comparing a non chiller to a chiller on a street driven car on 93 octane.

You just threw your 2 cents in bragging about your car.
Maybe take a minute to re-read my initial response where I simply asked you what you were comparing it against but in that exact same response you had to throw a dig at other options out there. That is what I responded to. You had your data points and I had my data points. I never intended to poke fun at anyone’s car but you cannot talk about MAT temperatures without acknowledging one is being spun much harder, which you kept blowing over so I kept bringing up. Apologies if that poked your ego wrong.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #66
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
I think this thread could be settled with a drag race for pink slips.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:38 PM   #67
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Have you concluded yet that it's their way or the highway?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #68
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Have you concluded yet that it's their way or the highway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I think this thread could be settled with a drag race for pink slips.
When my 427 is built we can

Old 05-08-2022, 07:58 PM   #69
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
When my 427 is built we can
Sounds fun! 427 + Maggie 2650 vs 427 + Maggie 2650. Twice the Ice vs Interchiller.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:10 PM   #70
Camaro1973

Quote:
Sounds fun! 427 + Maggie 2650 vs 427 + Maggie 2650. Twice the Ice vs Interchiller.
I’ll keep the chiller and add ice too. …… got ‘em!