Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #2633
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Made it last night! A few cars are here but it will be crackin' tonight!

-Don
Hey Don

I saw your post about the B&M Deep trans pan for the 6L80. Im thinking about doing it, but concerned about the filter not staying in. IS there a special filter needed or just the wide mouth truck filter? Also, The XA Coilovers over 1le suspension. Was it worth it? Im on stock 2011 FE2 i believe with some BMR parts. Debating the coilovers.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp

Last edited by Leo72793; 07-24-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #2634
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
no issues - works great...

first page of my build has a link to the install/filter.

I liked the 1le setup but if you like to race alot, coilovers are great...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 07-29-2021 at 06:47 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:36 PM   #2635
Rockstar24x7

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Well, if you're curious what the EVAP System Service Bay test is, I did it tonight with my Tech 2 and CANdi module. Note: the Gen 5 Camaro is a 'Global' system and requires MDI, but, there is a short cut that can be used.

THIS SHORT CUT is used at your own risk!

Now, I waited about 8 hours after the morning run. After plugging in my Tech 2 and using an external power source, I Chose Diagnostic->2011->Passenger Car->Cadillac->D->CTS->Powertrain->(P) 6.2L V8 LSA->6 Speed Automatic->F0: Engine Control Module->F2: Special Functions->F4: Service Bay Tests->EVAP System Bay Test

Once you choose this, you are presented with this Screen:

Once you press Enter, the Tech 2/CANDi will let you know the steps to run.

Basically, after the Tech 2 has read the info it needs and validates you can proceed with the test, it will guide you step by step.

After you've chosen the EVAP Service Bay Test, the Tech2 begins the prompts:

First, you'll be told to leave the ignition key off for 10 seconds (you have to count that out):

After that, you'll turn on the key (but don't start the car). Once the Tech 2 has read the Data port, it will prompt you the EVAP test can start (or NOT) and to start the car, idle between 1800-2200 rpm (steady!) and then press [Enter] to begin.

Once you press [Enter], you need to maintain 1800-2200 RPM for about 6-8 minutes (it has a counter) and it will perform a series of EVAP tests (11 data points are watched). You'll hear the Solenoid working and seeing the '%'.

After about 8 minutes @ 2000 RPM, you'll be told to take it for a drive. Disconnect the 'external' power source, and drive the car (prep to drive the car first!), then press [Enter] to start the drive test.

The Tech 2 shows 15 KM and 600 seconds to do the drive -- don't worry about the seconds, the KMs are what's important. Time will likely expire before the mileage step is completed.

After you've reached '0's, you'll be told to return to the 'Service Bay' for engine off EVAP Test.

Here you plug in the external power source for the Tech 2 'BEFORE' you turn off the car. Once that is done, turn off the car and press [Enter] to start the engine off test. This test will take about 5 to 10 minutes (and yes, you're in the car and waiting -- @ least I did). You see the Fuel Tank voltage change and here the solenoid working. Once you've waited, the Tech 2 will show you your status:

And When Complete:

Overall it takes about an hour to do the Engine On, Drive, and Engine off EVAP Service Bay Test.

Pretty neat! I didn't "need' to do this, but wanted to be sure I 'could' do it if I had to. Checked the Ready Monitors with the Torque App and they all showed 'COMPLETE'!

The drive cycle takes FOREVER to get done, but this one is ready in about and hour. If you have the dealer do it, expect @ least and hour to 1.5 hour charge...

Anyway, just so you know, this does work!

-Don
Confirmed - Hammdo's process worked perfectly using an Autel scanner on a 2013 ZL1. Beginning to end it took me 45 minutes. NOTE: While there is no EVAP service bay test for 2013 ZL1 on the Autel scanner, the 2011 Cadillac option did the trick!

CAVEAT: Be certain the engine is cold before attempting the test or the computer will balk.

Many thanks there Hammdo!
Rockstar24x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:20 PM   #2636
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Anytime! The caddy option is a good one to use too...

-Don
Old 08-26-2021, 10:11 PM   #2637
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Not posting as much but, the car is still doing great! Did notice an oddity - my E85 % goes down when she sits. I filled up the car in early October and did not drive her until after Xmas. I noticed the % was 60. Normally it’s 75%-78%. I thought the sensor might be off so I drove it tonight and filled it up (5.5 gallons) and the alcohol content went to 68%!

I’ll drive it more this week just to confirm but I didn’t expect that much of a % drop. Overall, still doing excellent!

-Don
That reminds me of a phenomena when we were kids age back in the day. The bottled liqour would get lower in alcohol content.
I asked my father why he tasted the whiskey one day and declared it was low in alcohol, it didn't make sense to me.
He put marks on the bottles because the babysitters would drink the booze. If it was below the marks when the parents returned home the babysitter was boozing. The sitters wised up and started to fill back up the bottles to the lines with tap water so it looked like they didn't drink any. Eventually it would taste watered down.
When I would unauthorized borrow the fathers vehicle he wouldn't notice higher mileage but would remember where the gas gauge needle was. Like the lines on the bottle, if I refilled it back to where it was I got away with it.
The babysitter had no idea the 7-11 gas would show up as watered down alcohol in your car!
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:02 PM   #2638
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Rear Bellypan

Quote:
So, I continued today to install my new rear belly pan -- fitment is perfect -- only item left is the 1" access hole for the battery tender connection. I'll be using these to plug that opening:

Here is the pan installed:

Routed for final fit:

Drilled and final fit:

Test drive tonight!

-Don

Don,

Just curious how you mounted the rear bellypan especially in the front, I’m working this project myself now.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:15 PM   #2639
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

I'll see if I can get a pic of the front mounting. I believed I used the trunk support and SS sheet screws....

-Don
Old 03-25-2022, 08:51 PM   #2640
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

It's been a while so quick update:

She's running fine - finally had to replace my Duracell AGM battery after 7 years - almost to the day I bought it!

Have been enjoying the Mooney...

Just some pics from our trip to Hot Springs AR:

-Don
Attached Images

Last edited by hammdo; 08-21-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:49 AM   #2641
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Looking good Don & hope Hot Springs was good to ya! Im surprised you haven't started a LSA swap for the Mooney...Ha!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #2642
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Um, I would if I could! Probably turbo though ;o)

Right now, just enjoying life...

-Don
Old 04-05-2022, 01:49 AM   #2643
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
When I worked in the Kerrville FD, as part of the pre-fire plan, we toured the entire Mooney plant… It was amazing how much of the aircraft was built on site, from the frame to upholstery… Basically everything except the engines and electronics…

They built comfortable workhorse aircraft… I’ve flown in a few and enjoyed every minute…

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 05:20 PM   #2644
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

-Don
Old 05-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #2645
Arvin712

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
do you still have your camaro?
Arvin712 is offline   Reply With Quote