Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-03-2022, 08:04 PM   #29
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
I had the same dilemma ZL1 vs. ZLE and was concerned about all of the ZLE harsh ride comments. So I rode in an autocross with a ZLE driver and my ZL1 doesn't get around like that ZLE did. The ZLE just around parking lot cones was unbelievable. The word I used to describe it was "terrorific" and car was blistering fast. Harsh ride is a relative term so check it out yourself. The ZL1 1LE is the baddest Camaro ever built by Chevrolet. Btw, this is what the front tow hooks are really for. Yeah it's orange!
Attached Images

2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 08:49 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
I had the same dilemma ZL1 vs. ZLE and was concerned about all of the ZLE harsh ride comments. So I rode in an autocross with a ZLE driver and my ZL1 doesn't get around like that ZLE did. The ZLE just around parking lot cones was unbelievable. The word I used to describe it was "terrorific" and car was blistering fast. Harsh ride is a relative term so check it out yourself. The ZL1 1LE is the baddest Camaro ever built by Chevrolet. Btw, this is what the front tow hooks are really for. Yeah it's orange!
You make a great point about AutoX. That's one place where you will definitely notice the suspension difference.

And damn that car is beautiful
Old 04-03-2022, 09:01 PM   #31
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You make a great point about AutoX. That's one place where you will definitely notice the suspension difference.

And damn that car is beautiful
That’s what it is designed for, not AutoX exactly but cornering/handling. Stock vs stock you are going to have grippier tires, lighter wheels a bit lighter overall etc even before talking about the suspension. Anything with hard cornering involved it’s going to shine and you’ll notice a difference over a ZL1.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:53 AM   #32
David Gordon

Drives: 2018 Grandsport Corvette
[QUOTE=Z OH 6;11155626]Why is it fake to install aero components on a car? I didn't realize the 1LE was exclusive like a Dodge Demon. People like you give 1LE owners a bad reputation.[/QUOT

Last edited by David Gordon; 04-04-2022 at 01:32 PM.
David Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:59 AM   #33
David Gordon

Drives: 2018 Grandsport Corvette
[QUOTE=closs2sx;11155571]David the shock color car that you posted to one of the camaro pages on face book is not a zl1 1le. Its has a 1le spoiler which you could order right from chevy on any camaro in 2020 and up until recently. I have a zl1 1le and an ss 1le with way more power than a stock zl1. I bought the zl1 1le because its more unique than the zl1. I have had it on the track once. Don't listen to what people say about how it rides go take one for a longer test drive and decide for yourself. I live in Nh where we see bad winters and the roads are not great and for me the ride is fine even my wife doesn't mind it at all but there are a lot of people that complain about it. Yes the mag ride rides better but I love country back roads and cornering and the zl1 1le is awesome for that although my ss 1le with the eibach 1le specific lowering springs is pretty close if you stay out of the throttle in the corner. The ss 1le though doesn't have the same rarity though but no matter what way you go they are both awesome choices. If I was going on color alone the orange zl1 would get my pick.

Last edited by David Gordon; 04-04-2022 at 01:32 PM.
David Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote