Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2022, 10:13 PM   #15
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
I really feel bad with you guys’ situation… Makes me appreciate even more how stand up @GearheadSS and Britain Chevy have been with me, on my 2022 order.

It did take a while to finally get an allocation, but none of those delays were on them (most were due to plant closures) and they never tried to misrepresent the situation.

Patience my friend! You will be happy you waited when you finally get it.

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:34 AM   #16
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
I really feel bad with you guys’ situation… Makes me appreciate even more how stand up @GearheadSS and Britain Chevy have been with me, on my 2022 order.

It did take a while to finally get an allocation, but none of those delays were on them (most were due to plant closures) and they never tried to misrepresent the situation.

Patience my friend! You will be happy you waited when you finally get it.

Geoff
I'm praying for patience at this time myself. My ZLE acquisition started last year, March 2021, with dealer #1. Constraints and no allocation for my 2021 order so I moved to dealer #2 in June 2021. Pushed to 2022 model and Chevy finally accepted order in Nov. 2021. Per their Chevrolet rep., dealer told me I had to remove the PDR option if I wanted this allocation. I removed PDR to get the car built (Vivid orange M6 ZLE) in Dec 2021. 1LE component constraints moved production to Jan. 2022 and the car was finally built on 1/31/2022. The car has been sitting in the Camaro factory Lansing parking lot for a month now with an estimated delivery date pushed to March 29. Order status changed to DELAYED yesterday reportedly for a "QC hold" per Chevy rep. (I think the 1LE tires are the issue after sitting in subfreezing MI weather for a month.) No estimated delivery date available now.

I share this "adventure" partly out of frustration and to provide those of you with Camaro orders some inspiration to hang in there. Your acquisition process cannot possibly be worse than mine. Note the dealer(s) and salesmen have been very gracious with their time and providing order information (Thanks JoeP@TeamBeckyD too!.) My mother always says "patience is a virtue."
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #17
CruiznZ

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
Per their Chevrolet rep., dealer told me I had to remove the PDR option if I wanted this allocation. I removed PDR to get the car built (Vivid orange M6 ZLE) in Dec 2021. "
I saw that in another thread and now I'm wondering if I should remove that option. I know I'm only a week into this and willing to wait but don't want to sit on this for months and then realize I have to remove the PDR if I want the order accepted and/or built.
CruiznZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #18
Newcastle

Drives: 2022 2 SS 1LE on order ....now a 23
I told them if the PDR is on constraints to remove it. Sadly that's not the killer for me. The death nail is in two days. The end of Wild Cherry Tintcoat. I will be looking at a 2023 for sure.
Newcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #19
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
PDR is currently not on constraint to my knowledge. I ordered ZL1 yesterday and they said there was nothing in my order on constraint - order with M6, PDR and other small things

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle View Post
I told them if the PDR is on constraints to remove it. Sadly that's not the killer for me. The death nail is in two days. The end of Wild Cherry Tintcoat. I will be looking at a 2023 for sure.
I am waiting anxiously too, I am sure they will replace with a similar dark red color...just hope it isn't too dark.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #21
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle View Post
I still think that GM will create some variation of Wild Cherry Tintcoat. I figure they'll tweak with the process and it'll be a variation of Garnet Red and Wild Cherry. If GM doesn't bring a color, I'll let you know if I need to depart with my new toy . I love the car thus far, but I'm wondering if I'll love it over the long haul. I'll know for sure after about 6 months.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote