Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #15
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I'm registered for Watkins Glen 10/22-10/24 with Hooked on Driving. I'll try to also make one of these NJMP track days.
Have you run with them before? They're pretty damn expensive. I'm thinking about going with NASA 10/9 and 10/10. Dying to get on WG. Bucket track for sure!
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #16
Kstroke

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Im doing 9/22 track night

I'll be at NJMP on the 22nd as well. Will be my first time at Thunder.
Kstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #17
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Have you run with them before? They're pretty damn expensive. I'm thinking about going with NASA 10/9 and 10/10. Dying to get on WG. Bucket track for sure!
This will be my first time running with HoD. It's almost twice as expensive as the PCA events I've done. I think the main difference is instructors still pay (although a reduced price) for PCA whereas instructors are free for HoD so everyone else incurs the additional cost.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #18
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
This will be my first time running with HoD. It's almost twice as expensive as the PCA events I've done. I think the main difference is instructors still pay (although a reduced price) for PCA whereas instructors are free for HoD so everyone else incurs the additional cost.
How was PCA? Good group? Instructor required for first time?

Nasa is out for October, all book already. So we shall see if u join you for HOD.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:21 AM   #19
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
I've run with multiple PCA regions for years and they do a great job at running events. They also tend to have some of the best pricing around. If you have previous track experience and history to support they usually allow you to sign up for intermediate and up. Most of their signups are through motorsportsreg.com.

HOD is also a very good organization. I started with them several years ago when I was just getting started on track. I feel they are more geared to novice drivers just getting started in the sport...not a bad thing. As another poster mentioned, they are just too pricey for my liking which is why I have not run with them lately.
RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:58 PM   #20
Kmeleon

I'm gonna bow out for Wednesday this week at NJMP. I'm coming from Allentown and it's about 2hrs when the weather is good, looks like rain all day here. With my SC3's really starting to show some wear its probably best to just save it for another day then to drive down there and get caught in a downpour.

The good news is.... I bought a 24ft Car-mate enclosed trailer that's coming in March next year! So now I need to get a set of rain tires/wheels for these types of days.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:14 PM   #21
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
I'm gonna bow out for Wednesday this week at NJMP. I'm coming from Allentown and it's about 2hrs when the weather is good, looks like rain all day here. With my SC3's really starting to show some wear its probably best to just save it for another day then to drive down there and get caught in a downpour.

The good news is.... I bought a 24ft Car-mate enclosed trailer that's coming in March next year! So now I need to get a set of rain tires/wheels for these types of days.
Thinking I might not go also as I don't have a rain set and I use 3r. I might see if I can make the Saturday and Sunday track day with HOD.

Congratulations on the new trailer.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:18 PM   #22
20Bluezl1

Anyone camp at the track? Thinking in getting a truck tent to save on a hotel stay.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2021, 10:42 PM   #23
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
i ended up getting boxed out of the 22nd couple weeks ago, so i signed up with PCA for thunderbolt oct 2nd-3rd. already paid this time lol
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #24
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Anyone camp at the track? Thinking in getting a truck tent to save on a hotel stay.
Haha, I've already thought about bringing an air mattress for inside the trailer😂
Old 09-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #25
20Bluezl1

Day is all clear for tomorrow showers in the night.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #26
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Anyone know what time the progressive paced laps for beginners start on 10/8? I haven’t seen a start time anywhere and I’m trying to figure out if I should get a hotel or not.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #27
Kstroke

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Anyone know what time the progressive paced laps for beginners start on 10/8? I haven’t seen a start time anywhere and I’m trying to figure out if I should get a hotel or not.

I went back in March and it was mega early. You should get an email once you get closer to the event with all of the info, here's what mine said:

"Please arrive at 7 AM for tech inspection and registration for the day. Fuel will be open from 8 AM to 5 PM. The Finish Line pub will be open for lunch and dinner, including take out (via Toast Takeout and Delivery App). The General's Store will be open as well if you need any last minute items for your vehicle, souvenirs, or safety items (helmets!)."

Try to be one of the front 3-4 cars at least one time out. After the first half a dozen cars there's a whisper down the lane effect and you lose the racing line that the lead car is trying to show you.

When I went there were no instructors with us, not sure if that was because of Covid or that's the norm. I was in novice and there was no passing for the entire day.

Also, it's a long day. Bring lots of water and snacks. There is a large gap in the afternoon where you don't have anything to do for a couple of hours.

Have fun and hopefully see you at the track sometime!

Kstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #28
KindaOrange

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
So I've tracked before (once) at SummitPoint. Instructor recommended I join intermediate
thereafter. Never tracked at NJMP before, and I'm thinking about joining this event, but in the intermediate group. Do you think NJMP will allow that? Or do they have NJMP-specific requirements?
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote