Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
S&B RC Speedway

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro
LT4 Supercharger Option

It's been a journey to say the least. I own a white 2016 SS Camaro that I knew I wanted to supercharge. After exhaustive research knowing my goals and Factory look I was after I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought all necessary items to complete the build with an LT4 Supercharger. I have been following ADM Performance due to their success around this exact build. Andy at ADM sold me the parts necessary to make the swap happen. My friend and I tackled this job at my house over the last few weekends and we are in final stages of getting everything buttoned up and throwing a tune on.
One thing that came to be a great surprise was ADM Performance and Andy. They have supported us throughout the entire build from start to finish. When I say support anything we have asked about we have gotten immediate response with detailed text and images to support stages of build. I am a huge believer that support on the backside of the sale leads to additional sales from same buyer. I would and will continue to buy from ADM - hats off to Andy for not only selling but SUPPORTING his products. Anyone thinking about LT4 Supercharger on your Camaro its such a clean install. I will share pics over next week and also share my driving impressions.
S&B RC Speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
That's awesome! I always like reading post like this
Old 04-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&B RC Speedway View Post
It's been a journey to say the least. I own a white 2016 SS Camaro that I knew I wanted to supercharge. After exhaustive research knowing my goals and Factory look I was after I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought all necessary items to complete the build with an LT4 Supercharger. I have been following ADM Performance due to their success around this exact build. Andy at ADM sold me the parts necessary to make the swap happen. My friend and I tackled this job at my house over the last few weekends and we are in final stages of getting everything buttoned up and throwing a tune on.
One thing that came to be a great surprise was ADM Performance and Andy. They have supported us throughout the entire build from start to finish. When I say support anything we have asked about we have gotten immediate response with detailed text and images to support stages of build. I am a huge believer that support on the backside of the sale leads to additional sales from same buyer. I would and will continue to buy from ADM - hats off to Andy for not only selling but SUPPORTING his products. Anyone thinking about LT4 Supercharger on your Camaro its such a clean install. I will share pics over next week and also share my driving impressions.
Would you mind sharing your cost for all of the parts? Who is doing the tune? ADM?
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
Hawk397
Sparky

Drives: 2017 50th Coupe / 2017 ZL1
I went and "interviewed" Andy a couple weeks ago - he will be putting that kit on my car at the end of the month.

I've been around a lot of shops in this industry for a long time - you experience doesn't surprise me at all with Andy. First class person and business all the way. He took me in the back and walked me through all the factory OE parts he stocked to build this kit, nothing left unattended with attention to detail. There has only been one shop in the past 20 years I'd let work on my car - now I have two. Looking forward to leaving my baby in his hands.

If your inclined to do the work yourself, you can't go wrong with his all GM kit.

Mark
Hawk397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Came to the same conclusion as Hawk after my visit with Andy!
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
I've got an LT4 supercharger for sale if anyone is looking. Sorry. Shameless plug..lol. It is a great way to get supercharged
Old 04-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #7
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Welcome to the club fellas, I sure do love mine and I ran an 11.2 this weekend...getting closer to 10s.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
I am guessing the answer is no - but is there a manual or instruction set on how to install the LT4 kit?
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Welcome to the club fellas, I sure do love mine and I ran an 11.2 this weekend...getting closer to 10s.
Do you have a catch can installed?
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #10
jeffm4688

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
Would you mind sharing your cost for all of the parts? Who is doing the tune? ADM?
I have the same kit basically and I had my tune done by jeremy @ fasterproms on the 4th of this month. I've since put 2000+ miles on the car and absolutely love it.

I can share my cost as I just bought the same kit from andy a few weeks ago. I'm in 53XX shipped to my door for everything that was required from fuel lines to coolant lines.

Install took about two days working maybe 6HR a day. Andy was very helpful during install for any/all questions we had & we did end up having a few as there isn't much documentation/diagrams on these cars out there.
2018 M2 Exec - Current
jeffm4688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #11
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Tie Affair View Post
Do you have a catch can installed?
No sir I do not, there is not a place to install lines on the LT4 SC.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #12
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
No sir I do not, there is not a place to install lines on the LT4 SC.
Thank You for the reply. I was looking at this one for my ZL1.

https://www.mightymousesolutions.com...ge/c7-z06-mild
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
In the future I would definitely take my car to Andy. I haven't been to his shop but due to dumb luck he contributed to my build and his knowledge and advice was handed to me through someone else. Pride is a son of a *itch is all I can say (on my part).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #14
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
In the future I would definitely take my car to Andy. I haven't been to his shop but due to dumb luck he contributed to my build and his knowledge and advice was handed to me through someone else. Pride is a son of a *itch is all I can say (on my part).
I had a feeling that was what was going on, Caught it when that port extension was not needed.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote