Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #99
Lacoven

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
It kills me how people rant and rave and find faults with these Camaros. The engineers can't design and build a perfect car for everyone. If you want different features that a Camaro doesn't have then by all means sell it and get another vehicle. I knew what I was buying when I bought mine and enjoy it. I wish people would stop complaining about the Camaro and be thankful they are still building them. Maybe the Gen7 needs to be a SUV variant according to the way some think or maybe a truck.
Lol the thread asked what they didn't like about it? If I thought it was a deal stopper I wouldn't of bought it?
Lacoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 PM   #100
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Ignorant? I will practice my free speech too! Thank you
Me ignorant because I am pointing an ignorant who doesn't know what is free scheep?
Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #101
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
It kills me how people rant and rave and find faults with these Camaros. The engineers can't design and build a perfect car for everyone. If you want different features that a Camaro doesn't have then by all means sell it and get another vehicle. I knew what I was buying when I bought mine and enjoy it. I wish people would stop complaining about the Camaro and be thankful they are still building them. Maybe the Gen7 needs to be a SUV variant according to the way some think or maybe a truck.

Slap a truck bed on it and call it an el Camino and I'm sold.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #102
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
No one says everyone but you certainly could have designed it to satisfy more.

For example is ther a reason why they couldn't have given the Camaro the same trunk space and lift over height of the ATS coupe? May have cost a small bit of rigidity but the rchitecture enables it.

Could they have made thebelt an inch lower and the roof a 1/2 taller and still had a great looking car with better visibility? Yep

They fell in love with what design staff has done for years on EVERY design.....slammed roof, high belt and giant wheels. Looks awesome on paper and excites a group of people. But it is a smaller group of people.

The failure is thinking GM could not have added a few inches here and ther and still had an awesome looking car. They could have but chipose not to.

By accepting a smaller trunk, less rear seat room and worse visibility than the Mustang they reduced the number of potential customers regardless of the STUNING performance advantage the Camaro has until 2018 where the Mustang will have a bigger trunk, better visibility and a better rear seat AND equal performance to the Camaro, assuming GM doesn't have a 30 HP bump of their own.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 PM   #103
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
No one says everyone but you certainly could have designed it to satisfy more.

For example is ther a reason why they couldn't have given the Camaro the same trunk space and lift over height of the ATS coupe? May have cost a small bit of rigidity but the rchitecture enables it.

Could they have made thebelt an inch lower and the roof a 1/2 taller and still had a great looking car with better visibility? Yep

They fell in love with what design staff has done for years on EVERY design.....slammed roof, high belt and giant wheels. Looks awesome on paper and excites a group of people. But it is a smaller group of people.

The failure is thinking GM could not have added a few inches here and ther and still had an awesome looking car. They could have but chipose not to.

By accepting a smaller trunk, less rear seat room and worse visibility than the Mustang they reduced the number of potential customers regardless of the STUNING performance advantage the Camaro has until 2018.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #104
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue View Post
I hate that it reverts back to Tour mode when I turn the car off in Track mode.
I REALLY like that it reverts back......my wife don't need to drive it in track mode......is it really that hard to push a button twice?....lol

I wish it had sensors on the front....uncomfortable with these parking lot curbs/concrete stops.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #105
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
I see a lot of people saying they hate how the car goes back to tour mode when they turn it off.. I haven't ever had mine do that. If I shut it off in Sport it stays there or Tour, or whatever. Software needing updated maybe?
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:33 AM   #106
Klayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
I see a lot of people saying they hate how the car goes back to tour mode when they turn it off.. I haven't ever had mine do that. If I shut it off in Sport it stays there or Tour, or whatever. Software needing updated maybe?
I am not sure, but I think if you go into settings through the touch screen, you might be able to change that?....if it stays in tour mode or last mode you drove?...anyone know?....I may investigate....
Old 03-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #107
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Drivers storage, I need to find a place for my sunglass case, antacids, and breathmnts, etc. Also a pocket that fits a folding umbrella....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #108
mjmenke

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
If your car is in Track when you turn it off, it will be in Sport when you turn it on.
If your car is in Sport when you turn it off, it will be in Sport when you turn it on.
If your car is in Tour when you turn it off, it will be in Tour when you turn it on.
If your car is in Snow when you turn it off, it will be in Tour when you turn it on.

It's a feature not a bug.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #109
Metsfan

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 w/ NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmenke View Post
If your car is in Track when you turn it off, it will be in Tour when you turn it on.
If your car is in Sport when you turn it off, it will be in Sport when you turn it on.
If your car is in Tour when you turn it off, it will be in Tour when you turn it on.
If your car is in Snow when you turn it off, it will be in Tour when you turn it on.

It's a feature not a bug.
Fixed it for you. Everything else is correct!
Metsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #110
KCXLT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro 2018 Silverado 6.2
I've only had the car a couple of weeks and love it, but the one thing that I don't like is the Easy Exit. Great idea, just not implemented the way I think it should be. I'm only 5'7" so I have the seat up fairly close for the clutch pedal. I put the seat all the way back for the easy exit and its great, nice and easy to get out. But when you get back in and close the door, nothing happens, the seat doesn't return to the driving position until you start the car, which I can't do because I can't get the clutch all the way to the floor. I know I could hit #1 and get the seat back, but I think it should move when the door is closed.
KCXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #111
Klayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCXLT View Post
I've only had the car a couple of weeks and love it, but the one thing that I don't like is the Easy Exit. Great idea, just not implemented the way I think it should be. I'm only 5'7" so I have the seat up fairly close for the clutch pedal. I put the seat all the way back for the easy exit and its great, nice and easy to get out. But when you get back in and close the door, nothing happens, the seat doesn't return to the driving position until you start the car, which I can't do because I can't get the clutch all the way to the floor. I know I could hit #1 and get the seat back, but I think it should move when the door is closed.
I agree, turned it on.....then after 1 day went back to settings and turned it off.

Same with the reverse mirrors feature because the mirrors went back to a different "original" position after taking it out of reverse.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:29 PM   #112
Klayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan View Post
Fixed it for you. Everything else is correct!
Thanks

All of these "features" we are complaining about are probably explained in the manual....which I have not even taken out of the plastic yet....lol