Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #43
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
How can you do comparison shopping on a product that hasn't been released yet?

You're criticising people for posting purchase justification and then doing the exact same thing yourself.

By definition, any shop that recommends you buy the product they have on the shelf vs. a product they can't get hold of for another 1-2 months is doing so from a basis of their bottom line.

On the basis you lied about one of them even having a '16 Camaro whipple on the shelf, i think its fairly safe to assume that all these "speed shops" you talked to are actually just the voices in your head.
He's just trying to justify spending almost $10k on getting a Maggie installed, lol.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #44
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
The total came to $8695 for everything (Supplied mag. tune). My justification certainly doesnt involve getting some random yahoo approval.

Anyways..crayons are in the box and coloring books in the bin. Great job you 2.
Yes, you are totally right, making up stories about seeing non-existant products is so mature by comparison.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #45
750x

Drives: Charger Hellcat
Saw a post showing whipple bring used in several gen6 at sema one using a built 416ci making upwards of 800hp, yet no idea what fuel..
750x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:30 AM   #46
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750x View Post
Saw a post showing whipple bring used in several gen6 at sema one using a built 416ci making upwards of 800hp, yet no idea what fuel..
What?

In English, plain English please.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:20 AM   #47
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
What?

In English, plain English please.
Lol maybe I can help?

What I got from that was he saw a post on some form of social media or automotive forum showing a whipple supercharger being used as the power adder on several different 6th gen Camaros at SEMA. One of these cars happened to have a 416ci built (LT?) topped with a nice shinny whipple producing upwards of 800 rwhp, but he wasn't sure if this was on pump, e85, some form of race gas, or a mix of witchcraft and sorcery. Ok that last part may have just been in my head but I think that's about what he meant lol.
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #48
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
Lol maybe I can help?

What I got from that was he saw a post on some form of social media or automotive forum showing a whipple supercharger being used as the power adder on several different 6th gen Camaros at SEMA. One of these cars happened to have a 416ci built (LT?) topped with a nice shinny whipple producing upwards of 800 rwhp, but he wasn't sure if this was on pump, e85, some form of race gas, or a mix of witchcraft and sorcery. Ok that last part may have just been in my head but I think that's about what he meant lol.
You can see some of them here in the photo gallery.

http://www.superchevy.com/events/161...-of-sema-2016/
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #49
LSxWittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
You can see some of them here in the photo gallery.

http://www.superchevy.com/events/161...-of-sema-2016/
Thanks for the link . So it looks like the Whipple is number 25 of 40 in the photos. Wish there was a better picture cuz I'm not even 100% positive that is on a 6th gen, even tho the next picture shows SS supercharged badges. Also number 20 of 40, the silver 6th gen, what supercharger is that? Kind of looks like a Maggie but not sure.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #50
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Thanks for the link . So it looks like the Whipple is number 25 of 40 in the photos. Wish there was a better picture cuz I'm not even 100% positive that is on a 6th gen, even tho the next picture shows SS supercharged badges. Also number 20 of 40, the silver 6th gen, what supercharger is that? Kind of looks like a Maggie but not sure.
I was trying to figure out 20 of 40 as well. It looks like whatever it is, it's on an SLP car. There is also a whipple on 31 and 32.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 11-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #51
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Isn't there a Vortec or Paxton out now too

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:18 AM   #52
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Isn't there a Vortec or Paxton out now too
They showed the Procharger but didn't see the vortech. I think the Borla car and Subperfect have the vortech.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #53
BlueBlur504

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Photo numbers 31 & 32 show the Whipple Supercharger on the 6th Gen. White Gen 6 with Red Whipple Supercharger.
BlueBlur504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #54
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750x View Post
Not to be argumentative. Just for info purposes. JDP has made 758 RWHP with a 416 and a Maggie HB. Is the car you speak of, crank or wheel HP?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #55
LSxWittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlur504 View Post
Photo numbers 31 & 32 show the Whipple Supercharger on the 6th Gen. White Gen 6 with Red Whipple Supercharger.
Looking at it on a computer now and I see that this is indeed the Whipple 6th gen. That SLP car I believe also has a Whipple on it, just with some kind of cover on it. Looks to have the same ribbing going on with the top piece. More options, more choices, love it
Old 11-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #56
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Looking at it on a computer now and I see that this is indeed the Whipple 6th gen. That SLP car I believe also has a Whipple on it, just with some kind of cover on it. Looks to have the same ribbing going on with the top piece. More options, more choices, love it
Looks like SLP has their own creation.
Attached Images