Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-31-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
CadiGti

Drives: '23 2SS 6spd '19 C7 Vette GS7spd
Xpel clear film protection

Has anyone had Xpel clear film/bra installed on their Camaro and did you have the full hood covered or just front half? I am looking to order a new 2SS coupe I will run about 20k miles a year as a daily driver. I have the Xpel on my Acura daily driver with 160k miles and also on my Corvette. It is very expensive but really does help keep the car looking better over many miles.
CadiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Not Xpel but I have Suntek. Did the entire car. Very happy with it. Very easy to clean. I’m positive it has saved me from at least a few paint chips from rock thrown from other vehicles.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Do a search… It’s written about virtually every day here on the board.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Got it installed on my 50 anniversary ss. Did front cover & splitter, very happy with the results. :-)
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
If you have the aluminated door sills it works great on those.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadiGti View Post
Has anyone had Xpel clear film/bra installed on their Camaro and did you have the full hood covered or just front half? I am looking to order a new 2SS coupe I will run about 20k miles a year as a daily driver. I have the Xpel on my Acura daily driver with 160k miles and also on my Corvette. It is very expensive but really does help keep the car looking better over many miles.
I just had the front of my brand new 2020 2SS done this week with Xpel, the guys did a great job and it looks fantastic...

Here is what I had covered:

Full Front Bumper (including headlights and DRLs)
Full Hood
Full Front Fenders
Mirrors
Full Rocker Panels (they removed the OEM small rock guard patch in front of the read tires as that whole area is now covered)
Lowest portion of each door (to the first body line)
Door Handle cups
Rear Bumper Luggage area at trunk opening.

I think it was well worth it to keep the car looking great for a long time. If you do partial panels you will see a line...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:32 PM   #7
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I had the front lip up to the edge of the hood and the entire front end, added to the factory in the front of the rear well openings and after 4 years it's holding up well. I have zero rock chips on the hood. I did pick up a couple on the leading edge of the roof though.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote