Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #15
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I guess my first step would be to file a complaint with the South Carolina Consumer Affairs. They have the law on their side and will get things done. then I would file with the BBB even though they don't have any bite businesses normally like to stay on their good side. Then I would open a complaint with GM consumer division. GM P.O. Box 33170 Detroit, MI 48232-5170. Next I would not lose my cool. Stay calm and treat people with respect and normally they will want to help you.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I find it NEVER helps getting into it with lower level (non management) employees. If anything, in this case, I would start off with start off with, "I know you didn't cause this situation, but I'm in a bind and would really appreciate if you could help me out..." Usually that gets the person on my side, and that's sometimes all you need to get them to put in some extra effort to get things resolved. If that person is unwilling to help and I get any hint of an attitude, I've come to realize there's no use traveling down that dead end and immediately ask to speak to the supervisor. Stay calm and friendly but firm as you go up the chain of command and you can usually figure out if you were dealing with a problem employee, the employees are not properly trained to do their jobs, or the organization itself has systemic problems and no matter who you deal with you can't get the problem resolved. If the last one is the case, then it's time for legal action. But most places will want to know if their employees are causing or not resolving customer problems. I know the OP is beyond the first parts of these steps, but going up the chain of command should be the next avenue to pursue.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #17
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Always check ahead on this.....

Always need to check ahead.
Attached Images

Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #18
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
I called GM's consumer division and gave them a report about this. Was on the phone for about 45 minutes with them. They had me on hold while they did some investigating and the call dropped. They took my # to call me back if the call dropped, but they never did so who knows what will come of that. I will call them back if I don't get the registration on Monday. I'll also report the dealer to the BBB if my registration doesn't show up.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #19
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I called GM's consumer division and gave them a report about this. Was on the phone for about 45 minutes with them. They had me on hold while they did some investigating and the call dropped. They took my # to call me back if the call dropped, but they never did so who knows what will come of that. I will call them back if I don't get the registration on Monday. I'll also report the dealer to the BBB if my registration doesn't show up.
Send the complaint to GM in writing and have it delivered certified. That way they know you are serious and you have a record of delivery. I really think you will get more done if you involve the state AG consumer division.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just my guess but I don’t think it’ll do a damn bit of good to get GM involved because this is a dealer generated/based problem, GM won’t care, it’s not product based.

Manufactures rarely get involved on snafus that happen at the dealer level with dealer staff.

The focus here is the general manager, and or the holding group vice president.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #21
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just my guess but I don’t think it’ll do a damn bit of good to get GM involved because this is a dealer generated/based problem, GM won’t care, it’s not product based.

Manufactures rarely get involved on snafus that happen at the dealer level with dealer staff.

The focus here is the general manager, and or the holding group vice president.
Well IDK, but they need to take these things seriously. If their dealer network gets hit with a poor reputation then it will cause many potential buyers to look elsewhere. What I mean is you generally hear more negative views on Ford, Chrysler, and GM dealers than you hear about Toyota, Honda, Porsche or Mercedes Benz dealers. IMO it's one reason people stereotype American cars as of lesser quality than foreign branded automaker cars. The dealers need to do better about how they rep the brands they sale.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #22
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
That’s true , ad we should save the whales too. But as long as dealerships are run by independent operators and they can do what they want, they hire sub-standard and pay substandard ,this is what you’re going to get.

And individual dealers don’t give a damn about how this portrays their standing, the product integrity, etc. etc. they are not into brand protection or maintenance. They just sell whatever crap the manufacturer wants to jam down their throat.

Musk is exploding the dealer system, however their sales guys are order takers, and things are great when it’s hot. We’ll see how in 20 years how they fare when they have excess overpriced volume units. Slow sales change everything. And it’s why the manufactures really don’t want to go away from the dealer based Franchise system, because they can sell the product and they’re done with it once they invoice they get all the money. No haggling. And manufactures do not consider you the end-user, to be there customer. May consider the dealer to be there customer. That’s why you get so many times to And manufacturers do not consider you the end-user, to be their customer. They consider the dealer to be their customer. That’s why you get so many times the manufacture sending you back to the dealer.

Just some late-night rambling while I watch Tennessee do the impossible…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #23
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
That’s true we should save the whales too.
Why? Should we not shoot deer or cut down trees either? Whales are just another animal and a great source of oil.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #24
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The best way of handling this matter is to contact the GM at the dealer and tell them that are prepared to file a complaint with your Attorney General's office and the Federal Trade Commission. This will get their attention! Look into both of these agencies, you may even be able to get forms online. They are there to protect and aid consumers in these sorts of matters.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:01 PM   #25
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
I too will say,“speak to the general manager.” Sure, it’s a annoying long trip to a dealership that til’ now has treated you like crap, but I believe you will accomplish more with a face to face chat with general manager than over the phone. There are laws that protect us consumers and letting him know that you are seriously considering legal action will get the ball rolling I’m sure. Be frank! Just don’t go postal! Hope it all works out for you.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #26
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
get a lawyer and have them call them. and then have the lawyer bill them for his fee. they violated the law you could probably call the whole deal off.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:31 PM   #27
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Why not drive over there and get it? Why are you getting in an 8th grade biotch fight over the phone? Why aren't you escalating this to a general manager, or someone with authority rather than play games with a 2 bit receptionist and salesman?
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:03 AM   #28
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Why not drive over there and get it? Why are you getting in an 8th grade biotch fight over the phone? Why aren't you escalating this to a general manager, or someone with authority rather than play games with a 2 bit receptionist and salesman?
Why are you talking some slick internet biotch chit? Why don't you use something more than an 8th graders comprehension level and think that if they are claiming to have sent it to me that it wouldn't be sitting at a dealership? The reason I'm not pursuing someone higher in the dealership is because I'm pretty sure I've been dealing with the GM. His name's Jimmy. Like the old GMC.