Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
How should I handle this crooked dealership

I'll try and keep this as short as I can but it probably won't be a short read.

First I bought this car about 80-85 miles from me at a dealership in Darlington, SC called "Patriot Chevrolet."

I bought my 2019 Camaro SS 1LE on 11/09/2019. The dealership has 45 days to send you your registration. I still haven't received it yet after over 2 months.

When I bought the car they couldn't find the extra key or the owners manual to it, and said that they would look for them and overnight them the next day to me. I had to call and hound them about 4-5 times before they finally sent them to me over a month later.

When I bought the car I did so with the intent to refinance it with my local credit union which I did as I got a better rate. I call the lady who sold me the car and asked her about canceling the Gap insurance I bought. She said she would get it cancelled and I didn't need to do anything else, but wait for a refund check as my credit union sold me a better Gap plan and wrote the amount for the old Gap plan in the payoff for the car.

Then a couple of week ago I get something in the mail from the DMV trying to fine me $200 for not having insurance on my old 02 SS ehich I traded in on my new SS. I went to the DMV and they don't have it on record that I don't still have my Fbody and that I need my new cars registration. Also my Fbody taxes are due this month and apparently I need my new cars registration to change this over to get the tag to transfer to my new car.

I ended up calling the dealership and asked to speak to the lady that sold me the car. (this was the last Friday in December) I was told that she no longer work there. So I explained my situation to the guy and he said that it was being handled and I would have the registration by Tuesday or Wednesday. (even though Wednesday was New Years and the mail doesn't run on national holidays) So that Thursday or Friday I still hadn't gotten the registration and I got a call from the lady who I had refinanced the car with. She asks me to get her a copy of the registration. I ask her to give it another day or two to see if it would come in the mail and she agreed. So by Monday I called the guy asking what was going on with the registration. He said he would check on it and call me the next morning. The next morning he never called but the lady from the credit union did. She said I need to do whatever I have to do to get the registration. She was pretty adamant about needing it. So when I got home I called the dealership and some lady answered the phone. I explained to her what was going on. I was being direct but polite with her. So she starts looking around and I guess finds the registration and reads off my address to have me confirm it. I told her that it was the right address and to make sure she uses it instead of the address they had used before. (according to the lady I bought the car from they sent my owners manual and key to the wrong address and that's why it took so long to get it) This really upset this lady and she starts lecturing me saying, "I've only been here for two weeks and it didn't send your stuff to the wrong address, and blah, blah, blah." So I stop her and tell her that I wasn't blaming her personally, just saying that someone from that dealer sent my stuff to the wrong address and it was lost in the mail for about 2 weeks. (or that's the story they fed me anyway) Still this lady is hell bent on finishing her lecture to me. So I stop her again by snapping at her, and telling her basically, "look lady I just bought a $40K+ car from your dealership. You have 45 days under law to get me the registration. You haven't done so, so this is y'alls bad, it's not my bad, so you need to stop lecturing me. Now send my registration to XXXX address." So after I told her the address I was like, "hello, hello, hello." She wouldn't answer. I said that if she didn't answer that I would hang up and keep calling, and calling, and calling back. So I hung up and called right back. She answered after about 20 seconds, and I'm pissed off. I'm like look bitch you better stop playing with me. She then hangs up. I call back again, and she's like, "I need to start acting like an adult." I'm like, "your not the one to tell me that, as you're not acting like an adult. I'm a 37 year old man, and you come across as some early 20's, attitude having, young broad thinking she Lil Kim the baddest bitch or something." She hangs up again and I call right back and the guy I had talk to the previous time answered.

So the guy I had talked with the previous 2 times I called wants to answer the phone, and act like he's going to save this broad. So he starts up with some attitude and so we get in a yelling match. After a while he gets me to just talk about what's wrong. I told him that he's told me that he would send the registration, and then he told me he was going to call me back, and that he hasn't done anything that he said he was going to do, or that his little small Chevy dealership was supposed to under law. After about an hour on the phone with him he asked me to call him the next day to get everything fixed for good. I called him the next day and he said he sent it out the previous afternoon, (which would of been Tuesday) and that I should have it by Thursday. I tell the lady at the credit union this and she's like okay just get her the registration ASAP. Here it is Saturday and still no registration. I honestly feel that these people are playing games and giving me the runaround out of spite. After buy the car they've come across as arrogant and disinterested in dealing with me. All they need to do is get me my registration.

Also almost forgot. The lady that sold me the car said that she would get my Gap insurance cancelled and I didn't need to do anything else. According to the guy at the dealership she never cancelled it before she left or was let go. He was supposed to text my a phone # to call, but he never even did that.

Is there any good legal action I can take to light a fire under these peoples butt to make them do their jobs? Under law they are required to get me my registration no later than 45 days after purchasing the vehicle. It's been over 2 months and the credit union, DMV, and tax office are wanting the registration like right now.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
JROC
Account Suspended

Here's their website:
https://www.patriotchevroletdarlington.com/
Old 01-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Suggestion - drive to that dealership on Monday. Do not leave once there until you get what you need. No - you shouldn't have to do this but for me it would be worth the 180 mile round trip to make this go away.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Suggestion - drive to that dealership on Monday. Do not leave once there until you get what you need. No - you shouldn't have to do this but for me it would be worth the 180 mile round trip to make this go away.
The thing I'm worried about is they seem to be in this game playing mode like they find this amusing. (literally it does. It's weird to think, but it does) It wouldn't surprise me if they did something like say, "we don't have the registration because we sent it in the mail."

That's why I didn't ride up there today.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:42 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I agree that you need to go back to that dealership in person. No emails, no phone calls, you must do it in person. And stop talking to any of the people you’ve been talking to, find the general sales manager, or the general manager and tell them you’re not leaving until you get a face-to-face with one of them.

don’t burn them on any CSI surveys that you get, UNTIL you talk to one of these positions.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post

Glen beat me to it! He posted about the same time as I did.

This, And ask to speak with the general manager. Try to stay calm as most people shut down when in a yelling match. Yes, you have good reason to be upset but you are in a bind. Tell the GM your next step is to get a lawyer as they are in violation of the 45 day rule and will have to sue for any monetary harm you will incur because of not have the registration.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #7
JROC
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I agree that you need to go back to that dealership in person. No emails, no phone calls, you must do it in person. And stop talking to any of the people you’ve been talking to, find the general sales manager, or the general manager and tell them you’re not leaving until you get a face-to-face with one of them.

don’t burn them on any CSI surveys that you get, UNTIL you talk to one of these positions.
Actually when I bought the car I was asked if I could give them a positive reveiw on Google, as they were trying to increase their rather poor rating. I gave them a 5 star reveiw. I've been holding off on changing it to a 1 star reveiw.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
GTO_Gregory

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Put your facts, dates, names, and costs down on paper/computer. Go to BBB.org and file a complaint online. Automotive dealer complaints have a special channel and get handled quickly. If the dealership is registered with the BBB they'll want to maintain a good rating.

In the past I've contacted GM about issues, but the impact on the dealership and my issue was next to nothing.

If after a week you still have issues, then contact the state attorney. In fact you may want to start with the state attorney right after you file your Better Business Bureau complaint. The state attorney will send you forms if you telephone them, or you can travel to their office to pick them up.

If the dealership isn't assisting you, then don't waste time on them.
2006 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO ERL LS3-430, All-Pro 285cc heads, 262/273 .758/.742 116+3 cam, Sheet-metal Intake, 70lb Siemens injectors, SLP, GMM Ripshifter, QA1 Coil-overs front and rear, nylon suspension bushings, Hotchkis, RPM Trans, SPEC twin clutch, SpinTech, Kooks 1 7/8 -2.0", BMR drive train, Kaaz 3.91, Lingenfelter CAI, Baer brakes, mini-tubs, E85.
GTO_Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
JROC, go back to the dealership and demand to see the Sales Manager or General Manager and don’t leave until you get everything settled with your Camaro(paperwork,etc)! Be firm and polite and discuss the matter with someone other than a salesperson. Glen e gave you good advice on how to handle this situation. Good luck and let us know the outcome!
Old 01-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #10
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'd personally contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Everything else at this point is a waste. You've already tried being polite, you've already requested these items several times. They are out of compliance and state regulation so it's their loss not yours.

If you haven't spoken to a lawyer, then I'd go directly to the GM or ask for the owner of the dealership. Wasting time and effort on the little guys is only going to piss you off more.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #11
JROC
Account Suspended

I'm thinking the suggestions about using the BBB and an attorney might be the way to go. Not how I want to do this, but with the way they've gone about doing business with a customer who bought a brand new car from them I'm thinking a drive down there would achieve very little. I'd have to either go on a Saturday or take a vacation day and drive 1.5+ hours one way for something I feel would achieve little. Trust me if I thought it would fix the issue I'd of already done it. They keep telling me they're going to do something or that they've done it and they don't or haven't really done it.

This is literally the most ridiculous business transaction I've ever dealt with. It makes me think of the movie Bad Boys 2 when the bad guy says, "this is a stupid $#%@ing problem to have. But, it is a problem nonetheless." All they have to do is send me my registration, and give me the phone # I need to call the people to cancel my old gap insurance, and they can't even do these simple things.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #12
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Don't post about it on a forum. Burn down entire building. That was the 2019 me :-)
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #13
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Ask to speak with the Tiltle Clerk, they are normally in charge of vehicle registration for the dealership. Your GAP paperwork should have a number where you can call them directly, maybe they can cancel it for you directly.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Think how much an attorney will cost you. It will probably be more than one vacation day! I know your frustration with the whole situation but I would try the visit to the dealership first and then hire an attorney if you don’t get any resolution to your dilemma/situation.