Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 11-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #1
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Smile XPEL Ceramic coating - Wow!

Thanks to a good friend who has a Vette and seeing his cars in person before/after getting XPEL Ceramic coating put on, I pulled the trigger and dropped my daily driver (2017 Nightfall Grey Camaro 2SS Convertible) off to Mike at http://dynamicautospa.com to get the stage 1 detail and XPEL ceramic coating (Warrantied for 4 years) When I picked it up, there was an unbelievably AMAZING difference.

Although I garage keep my car, its my daily driver and sees its share of bad weather, typical road dirt/grime, etc, has 26,500 miles on it and sits out in the sun and weather every day in the parking lot at work. I have always hand washed, have used Zaino a few times on it, but did get lazy and take it to touchless car wash numerous times over past 2 years so the clear coat was a little hazy.

For additional background, This was an early Chevy delivery, manufactured in July 2016 and delivered to car dealer in August 2016. I purchased in May 2017, finding it in their overflow storage lot down a back road (or I should say storage field with dirt, grass and some trees)...... it had been sitting out in weather for a long time, had leaves all over it, etc.

This particular Chevy color always looked good, even with all of that history, but I have to say that this car looks so much better than even the first day I picked it up! It has a noticeably Deeper/Darker color, and the metallic flakes glisten in the sun.

Here are some quick pics I took when picking it up. I want to go find a nice spot to get some better pics. I was hesitant to spend the money and would have never seriously considered it had I not seen the results on friend’s cars. Definitely worth the money!

Keep in mind, that I have owned this for 30 months, put 26,500 miles on it, drive it to work every day (short drive though but parked in sun and rain all day at work). I have driven it from Georgia to Florida and back numerous times along with plenty of weekend trips. It looks like I just got it off the showroom floor, freshly delivered from the factory now!

unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Looks good, how much did that put you back to have it done ?
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
A coating is only as good as the correction and polish work under it. Your car looks great, congrats on the new coating! Have fun with easy maintenance washes to keep it looking like new.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
unixadm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
Looks good, how much did that put you back to have it done ?
$1200 for stage 1 detailing which includes list below and any some light clear coat compounding and paint correction where needed (fixing holographing, light stretches, etc) then XPEL application which is a manual process as well.

When comparing cost, I’ve paid about $150-$200/year for Zaino and others products to keep clean and shiny along with the many hours of work, so the premium to not need to spend the the time or buy product each year is worth it to me. (I used zaino for many years on my 2006 mustang which is now my 18 year old son’s car)

Wash
Exterior Clay Bar
1-Step Polish Exterior
Sealant
General Interior Detail
Glass
Door Jambs
Wheels/Tires
Exhaust Tips
Xpel Application
Old 11-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
unixadm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
A coating is only as good as the correction and polish work under it. Your car looks great, congrats on the new coating! Have fun with easy maintenance washes to keep it looking like new.
So true....Luckily, I got referred to a guy who takes his work seriously, has the skills and attention to detail to prep then coat the cars he works on.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
So true....Luckily, I got referred to a guy who takes his work seriously, has the skills and attention to detail to prep then coat the cars he works on.
The best detailers know how to use vi.

In all seriousness, glad it worked out and the car looks great!
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #7
unixadm

Did a quick 2 bucket wash and "blow dry" with a battery operated leaf blower on Saturday for my first wash...the water just beaded off and it came out amazing