Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #15
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I don't know but some of you make this more complicated than it really is it seems. I only use the provided rubber blocks to lift mine and nothing more. No pucks mounted on my pinch welds...nothing. As for the setup of the lifts, the latch bars always go towards the outside of the vehicle. Other than that, lift it however you want because it doesn't matter.
You have a 6th gen Camaro and are only using the provided rubber blocks (4" long X 3" wide)? Lifting from the GM recommended lift points (front & rear pinch weld)? The cutout, particularly in the rear, is so small that I don't recall that being an option.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #16
SCCAMAROSS

Drives: 2018 A8 Camaro SS Vert
I have been looking at the quickjack and will be purchasing in the next few weeks. I am confused about the options though. Which model is everyone using and what accessories are needed. On first look it appears the 7000 ext is overkill, but maybe not. And what is the purpose of the adapter kit that someone here posted a link to? thanks
2018 Camaro SS convertible. Whipple S/C, Kooks headers with green cats, NW 103mm TB Streetscene rocker panel and side skirts, Helix tail lights, , Big Gulp Rotofab CAI, Borla Attak axleback, AFE Power lowering springs
SCCAMAROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #17
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
You have a 6th gen Camaro and are only using the provided rubber blocks (4" long X 3" wide)? Lifting from the GM recommended lift points (front & rear pinch weld)? The cutout, particularly in the rear, is so small that I don't recall that being an option.
I have a 5th gen and I've lifted a 6th gen on my system as well which is pretty much the same. I didn't do anything different then how I lift mine.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #18
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
I have been looking at the quickjack and will be purchasing in the next few weeks. I am confused about the options though. Which model is everyone using and what accessories are needed. On first look it appears the 7000 ext is overkill, but maybe not. And what is the purpose of the adapter kit that someone here posted a link to? thanks

The quickjack is a great system. As with all tools, it's not for everyone. Some would just rather deal with jacks and ramps, some have access to full size lifts, some don't do more than oil changes, other's are doing full builds. It's a great product though. My buddy has one, and I keep saying I'm gonna get one too.

I think the model/weight you get would simply be a factor of what you plan to lift. But if you have a full size truck or ever plan to get one, the pounds add up fast! Hate to spend the money and 5 years from now get a vehicle you can't lift!
As for the adapters, I'm assuming you're talking about the Truck lift kit. That helps get some extra lift from the quick jack, since a truck is already fairly high. The QJ could theoretically be over half lift before it even contacts your truck frame and starts lifting. My buddy has a stock 19 Silverado and he uses that kit, and says it's worth it. To me it would seem like you couldn't use these and still fit under a Camaro but apparently it does work.
Abubaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #19
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAMAROSS View Post
You need the BL5000XLT model. You don't need any other QJ accessories
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #20
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Quickjack website has all the answers to to your questions. Including how and where to measure to get the right length system. Also you can compare the models for all the specs. This is below and seeing the differences between models is how I made my decision and it works flawlessly. For sure get the ext model but if not, you can get the standard 5000 for example and purchase extenders extra. Like I said, take some time and visit quickjacks site.

https://www.quickjack.com/support/measuring-guide/

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 02-24-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #21
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
If you want to use the GM recommended lift points, you'll need the EXT version (and that's barely long enough). In my case, the 7000 model made sense to lift my SUV as well, but for the Camaro itself the 5000 model would be fine.

The SLX (shorter) version could be used (see post2), but that will not reach the front-most pinch weld area.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #22
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
If you want to use the GM recommended lift points, you'll need the EXT version (and that's barely long enough). In my case, the 7000 model made sense to lift my SUV as well, but for the Camaro itself the 5000 model would be fine.

The SLX (shorter) version could be used (see post2), but that will not reach the front-most pinch weld area.
Correct, I have the 5000SLX and it works on the Camaro but you lift using the aft of the 2 front pinch weld lift points. Have had the car up there several times and it has worked fine and seems stable.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #23
guitarscientist

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Correct, I have the 5000SLX and it works on the Camaro but you lift using the aft of the 2 front pinch weld lift points. Have had the car up there several times and it has worked fine and seems stable.
On my convertible, I only have access to the forward most pinch weld lift points on the front and rear of the vehicle due to extra bracing that comes with the car.

When you say the 5000SLX works but you have to use the aft of the two front lift points, are you also using the aft of the two lift points in the rear? If so, do you think it would work just fine using the forward most points in both the front and rear positions?
Old 03-28-2020, 08:45 PM   #24
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Does anyone know if the Extension add-ons are a deal breaker in regards to height for a ZL1? Also, do they teach the furthest front lift points and rears?

Thanks
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #25
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I went back and forth on the SLX and the EXT and ended up getting the 5000SLX, with the money I saved I purchased the extension kit and the SUV kit. I have clamp on blocks in all three positions and use the front rearmost and the rear to lift and it works fine, the car is very stable. This allows access to the front pad in case you want to throw a jack stand for extra security. I have lifted the car a half dozen times now and my truck once and have not used or needed the extension kit.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #26
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
This setup would have been great yesterday when I changed my brake pads...