Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
g26er

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Random Stabilitrak and Power Steering Drive With Care messages

Video of problem below.

The car is an '18 1SS w/ A8. 2 weeks ago I installed a new set of long tubes but, I'm not sure if it's related. The car drove fine after that. Using HP Tuners, I uploaded a couple iterations of MAF and VVE adjustments for the new headers. I think it's just a coincidence but, I just loaded a tune with the last little tweaks to the MAF and VVE tables. Then I went for a drive and I started getting the messages.

I get both "Stabilitrak" and "Power Steering Drive With Care" messages but, "Stabilitrak" more often than the latter. It happens when I accelerate with anything more than light throttle. It doesn't happen cruising at speed. It also happens when hitting a bump or a quick movement of the steering wheel (not while stopped though)

I searched and found tons of info where people have the messages as soon as they start the car and they hit dismiss and doesn't come back until next time they start the car. My situation is different.

If anyone know what connections could be loose causing this that I can check.

Here's a video of what I'm seeing. Sorry for the shakiness.
https://youtu.be/7FGx2G2nVWw
g26er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
hudgenja

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
You ever figure it out?
hudgenja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
g26er

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudgenja View Post
You ever figure it out?
I did actually. Main wiring harness on the passenger side got a little too close to the header. The insulation was melted off a wire. Whenever I'd get on the gas a little where the motor would twist over (stock motor mounts) just enough to ground out the wire and cause the dash to display the message.

I should of spent more time getting that wire out of the way when I first installed the headers. It's now wrapped with some heat shielding and zip-tied with those Christmas tree zip ties which I just used the existing holes right there to push them into.
Attached Images

Last edited by g26er; 03-24-2020 at 07:04 PM.
g26er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
hudgenja

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Okay I’ll take a look. Just got this car pretty sure still has stock headers
hudgenja is offline   Reply With Quote