#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2023, 07:52 PM   #29
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LECRUSH View Post
The want is strong but my wallet currently says no. If by some miracle you still have them in the spring I'll hit you up.
Could happen, now's probably the worst time to list them for sale.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:37 PM   #30
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LECRUSH View Post
...will try to find a good local place to get the alignment done.
You're in luck: we are local to Solo Performance Specialties, which is run be SAE-certified Dave Whitworth. Dave will provide any alignment you want using his recently-updated Hunter alignment rack. Better yet, he competes locally and nationally in Solo competition. You might remember his black CAM-C Mustang with the big wing at our last event (ran Heat 3, so I'm not sure if you got to see him run), and I'm sure you saw his big-ass vendor trailer at the event site. Dave also does tire service at national autocross and time trial events. And vinyl/magnetic numbers for cars. And a bunch of other stuff. Suffice to say he's your guy for an alignment - far better than the average schmuck at a local Firestone or whatever.

Quote:
I've got the last SCCA event and then I'm doing the last event with the first organization I ran with.
I'm going to PM you with an email to access the Boeing Sports Car Club. They still have two more events this year, also at Family Arena. They are less formal than SCCA, but vastly safer with way better courses (and markings) than Misfits. One of these last events is actually this Sunday and I think they still have space, so you should send them an email ASAP.
Old 10-16-2023, 01:28 PM   #31
1LECRUSH

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Did my second SCCA event, last for the season yesterday. It was about 30 degrees cooler than the last event. I managed to overdrive the car the first two runs, then hit a cone, then spun and missed a gate, then hit the same dang cone on my fastest run at the end of the day. But I did manage to go from mid 51s to high 46s (before the cone penalty) so I was happy. The fact that I clipped cones and spun both mean I'm getting more comfortable with the car and I'm at least trying not to waste as much room. I'm sure Msquared will agree, the track was much more friendly to the small cars.

https://youtu.be/5DQd8k73a18?feature=shared

https://youtube.com/shorts/CZJ9KMgc-iA?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/Ndab1PFMapA?feature=shared
1LECRUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:56 PM   #32
Msquared

That course looked awful when I walked it. It ended up that only the first half was super-busy for big cars, while the second half flowed pretty well. It only had a couple spots where power could really be used, though. I think you are driving very well, especially for this only being (I think), your third autocross. I would say your PS4S tires are down 1.5 seconds on my tires, most likely, and I ran a 44.4. That got me within 0.045s away from winning the whole PAX index for the day. Here is what that run looked like:
https://youtu.be/qCMEOnUnqmA

Those cones are bastards, because one of them cost me a run that was 0.2s faster, which would have won the index for me!
Old 10-16-2023, 06:56 PM   #33
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
That course looked awful when I walked it. It ended up that only the first half was super-busy for big cars, while the second half flowed pretty well. It only had a couple spots where power could really be used, though. I think you are driving very well, especially for this only being (I think), your third autocross. I would say your PS4S tires are down 1.5 seconds on my tires, most likely, and I ran a 44.4. That got me within 0.045s away from winning the whole PAX index for the day. Here is what that run looked like:
https://youtu.be/qCMEOnUnqmA

Those cones are bastards, because one of them cost me a run that was 0.2s faster, which would have won the index for me!
Man I wish we had a course like that on a decent size lot like we used to! Now we have a grippy lot but one Porsche club has you wind back and forth 2/3 times just use the whole lot. It’s tight as hell and made for, well, Porsches and small cars. Very torturous for us muscle cars!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 07:23 PM   #34
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Man I wish we had a course like that on a decent size lot like we used to! Now we have a grippy lot but one Porsche club has you wind back and forth 2/3 times just use the whole lot. It’s tight as hell and made for, well, Porsches and small cars. Very torturous for us muscle cars!
We are pretty damn lucky to have this lot at our disposal. Parts of it were getting pretty gnarly, but they just repaved the bad part so it's in pretty good shape for the most part.
Old 10-16-2023, 07:40 PM   #35
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
We are pretty damn lucky to have this lot at our disposal. Parts of it were getting pretty gnarly, but they just repaved the bad part so it's in pretty good shape for the most part.
That’s great! Here in SoCal it’s all going away. Auto Club speedway was everyone’s main base, now gone go to nascar redevelopment. Lost EL Toro runways to condos, Anaheim stadium to complaints on lunch truck food poisoning etc. just not much left that’s useable. Lands to valuable. I guess time to hit the road courses at Willow Springs!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 06:57 PM   #36
1LECRUSH

Another event today with Misfit Toyz, had a really great day. Overcast and highs in the mid to upper 40s meant traction wasn't great but I managed to keep from overdriving the car and had the 5th fastest time overall. Could not be happier considering this is only my 5th event.

Last edited by 1LECRUSH; 10-28-2023 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2023, 07:29 PM   #37
1LECRUSH

https://youtu.be/yovvld9x0-U?feature=shared

https://youtube.com/shorts/xXEQmd3aaxg?feature=shared