Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #29
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
A 2019 owner hating on the 2020 refresh. Who would have guessed?
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:41 AM   #30
Hock23

Drives: Black 2016 RS
Still not a fan of the 19-20 refresh but the 20 fixes the main issues we all had with the 19 which was the bowtie placement and the black center trim on the bumper.
Hock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #31
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
The ‘20 SS look like a less aggressive ‘16-‘18 now. I wouldn’t say the 2020 looks bad per say, but the ‘19 is definitely a more unique design. Given the option, I’d go with ‘19 SS all day. Although if I were buying a new Camaro, I’d probably go with the LT1 because I like that front fascia even better.

The biggest problem for GM is they let those God AWFUL renderings float around the internet/social media that didn’t give an accurate representation of how the car looked. A lot of people are coming around to the design now that the actual car is out. Butttt they over reacted to the people’s opinions who had intention of buying the car anyways. And now we got the generic looking 2020.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #32
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I agree OP, I think the 2020 refresh was an extreme over-reaction to "internet hate" and they should've stuck to their guns. In person the 2019 SS looks really good. The refresh looks tacked on like an afterthought, and it doesn't really solve the underlying issue with the front end (it's not perfect), it's just a bandaid. I'd rather have the 2019 any day.
I'm happy with my 2019 LT 2.0T. I think its the best looking 6th gen.
I'm 100% not joking with this:

I once mistakenly identified a white 5th Gen with a smashed up front fascia for a white 2019 SS.

A lot of people did see the 2019 in person and did see the SEMA Concept in person and liked the SEMA (now 2020) version better (me included).

But... can we move on? This is no different than the Mustang vs Camaro looking better debate.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #33
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
yeah sorry 2020 is way better than 2019
but clearly 16-18 the nicest of the 6th gen

all great cars.. just they dropped the ball big time with looks of the 2019

they killed it with the new vette however its just beautiful
if the 16 /18 were so great why weren't they selling like the 5gens were. there was a reason why they did the refresh for the 19 to move forward ..it was close-minded people on social media and early 6gen fan boys is what hurt the Camaro even more . The styling now of 2020s is pretty much mainstream with the early 6gen look.cant please everyone . It's that there are so many people that jump on the bandwagon to criticize it I guess you have to have a 19ss to appreciate it.

Be honest with yourself, you really think the looks of the 16-18 were the cause of low sales???

Price and "livability".
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #34
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
if the 16 /18 were so great why weren't they selling like the 5gens were. there was a reason why they did the refresh for the 19 to move forward ..it was close-minded people on social media and early 6gen fan boys is what hurt the Camaro even more . The styling now of 2020s is pretty much mainstream with the early 6gen look.cant please everyone . It's that there are so many people that jump on the bandwagon to criticize it I guess you have to have a 19ss to appreciate it.
I highly doubt it was looks. The Z/28 is the only 5th gen I would ever consider buying (I do think they are uglier than the 6th gen but that's not why I wouldn't buy them). Honestly I'm surprised the 5th gen sold well - I suspect all that transformers marketing paid off and all that. (Yes 5th gen SS 1LE's were great track cars too but the Z/28 is the only one that could make me live with that interior..)

If it weren't for the track capabilities of the 6th gen I wouldn't own a 6th gen either even though I love the way the 16-18 cars look.

For the 19, the only SS version I think looks good is the SS 1LE in Satin Steel. Specifically that single combination. :shrug:
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #35
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The 2020 looks better to me too! Chevy changed the look because the majority didn’t like the refresh of the 2019. At least the marketing folks at Chevy were listening and did a refresh of the refresh. People need to quit bitching and griping about the 6gen and either buy one or don’t because of the future fate of the Camaro! I am thankful that Chevy still builds the Camaro and enjoy driving my ‘17 ZL1 every time I get in the drivers seat!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #36
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I'm 100% not joking with this:

I once mistakenly identified a white 5th Gen with a smashed up front fascia for a white 2019 SS.

A lot of people did see the 2019 in person and did see the SEMA Concept in person and liked the SEMA (now 2020) version better (me included).

But... can we move on? This is no different than the Mustang vs Camaro looking better debate.
speaking of which I do have both the new styling for the Camaro and the Mustang... Originally I agreed that the 15 through 17 had the better looking front end on the mustang .. it was actually harder for me to accept the refresh on the Mustang than it was the 19 SS front end on the Camaro. From the get go in stock form the SS 19 looks better then the refresh Mustang. Thanks to a little aftermarket support I was able to dial in the way that I wanted the Mustang to look, to get that aggressive look now on the Camaro it's already super aggressive, just the bottom front chin spoiler is really all that It needs. The problem with a bow tie in the middle it's just because I'm thinking everyone was so used to always seeing the bow tie in the upper grill it just looked out of place because we were not used to it at first.
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:17 AM   #37
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Old F@rt here. This thread read like a bunch of 5th graders hurling taunts at each other.

Respect the people and the cars that they bought. None of he cars are the Pontiac Aztek or my personal ugliest car ever made, the Porsche Panamera (just ugly 7X24X365 - Great drivers car).
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #38
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
^ Yep and they wonder why they don't sell more Camaros, when they crap on Their own Brand.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #39
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I highly doubt it was looks. The Z/28 is the only 5th gen I would ever consider buying (I do think they are uglier than the 6th gen but that's not why I wouldn't buy them). Honestly I'm surprised the 5th gen sold well - I suspect all that transformers marketing paid off and all that. (Yes 5th gen SS 1LE's were great track cars too but the Z/28 is the only one that could make me live with that interior..)

If it weren't for the track capabilities of the 6th gen I wouldn't own a 6th gen either even though I love the way the 16-18 cars look.

For the 19, the only SS version I think looks good is the SS 1LE in Satin Steel. Specifically that single combination. :shrug:
this might sound weird but the only problem I really ever had with 6gen when it came out was I was disappointed with the location of the fuel door it's always looked out of place and I really miss that they got rid of the gills like 5gen had .. now to think 6gen interior is nicer? it might be better quality but having the driving my 5gen for a few years it was definitely way more comfortable ,and I like that it had a lot of heritage to remind you that it was a Camaro make the first gen layout. I just couldn't stand those little tiny visors lol. And I'm only discussing pretty much looks and comfort alone, definitely the 6th gen Camaro by all means is the better-performing out of the 5gen and 6gen
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #40
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
^ Yep and they wonder why they don't sell more Camaros, when they crap on Their own Brand.
Who wonders? Near complete lack of marketing, lack of practicality (tiny back seats, bad entry/exit compared to others in segment), terrible visibility for those who can't understand proper mirror adjustment, the dumbest trunk opening even used on a production car, lack of useful storage.

I think it's fairly obvious why they don't sell well against the competition. IMO it's the better car but only if one looks past all that.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #41
Dave-ROR

Quote:
this might sound weird but the only problem I really ever had with 6gen when it came out was I was disappointed with the location of the fuel door it's always looked out of place and I really miss that they got rid of the gills like 5gen had .. now to think 6gen interior is nicer? it might be better quality but having the driving my 5gen for a few years it was definitely way more comfortable ,and I like that it had a lot of heritage to remind you that it was a Camaro make the first gen layout. I just couldn't stand those little tiny visors lol. And I'm only discussing pretty much looks and comfort alone, definitely the 6th gen Camaro by all means is the better-performing out of the 5gen and 6gen
That's possible on the comfort side. I only test drove the Z/28 which wasn't terrible but due to the dampers I wouldn't call it comfortable On the 6th gen I've only owned cars with Recaros with heating and ventilation so no complaints from me even after a 3,000 mile road trip with my (well not mine anymore) 2018 SS 1LE. Seat comfort is always subjective though based so I'm sure someone here hates the recaros!

Too many cars.. never.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:37 AM   #42
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The worst thing about the Z/28, and maybe the ONLY bad thing for me, is the lack of headroom. I'm 6'4" and my head is RIGHT on the headliner. In my Charger, there is room to spare EVERYWHERE, a few inches of extra headroom.
Interesting. I'm 6'5" and I have plenty of head room in the 5th gen. Even with a helmet on, headroom is not an issue. You must have a long torso.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote