Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #9339
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I see.

Back on topic, I installed some smoke brake lights I got in the mail today and they fit perfectly (I would hope so they were GM )
Now do your center brake light.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #9340
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Now do your center brake light.
Tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:39 PM   #9341
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
I see.

Back on topic, I installed some smoke brake lights I got in the mail today and they fit perfectly (I would hope so they were GM )

those are super rare now btw and worth some good $$ i wanted them before i even got my car lol
Old 12-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #9342
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
those are super rare now btw and worth some good $$ i wanted them before i even got my car lol
That’s what I’m starting to see (rarity) and I paid some good money....

Edit: wait are you talking about the Trans Am next to the Camaro or the tail lights?! Hahaha
Old 12-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #9343
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
I always wondered what everyone else did to clean their wheels. I use waterless wash and give them a good wipe down. How do you clean yours? Keeping up with this damn brake dust is getting old....

I use chemical guys Diablo cleaner and this small water sprayer thing my wife has (idk what it's really ment for) but it holds about a quarter of water and sprays out light enough the water doesn't get everywhere. Then just take a rag and wipe them down.

But yes, I hate the brake dust these things make. I swear I can clean them, not even drive the car, and in a few days a new layer is just there. Haha
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #9344
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I use chemical guys Diablo cleaner and this small water sprayer thing my wife has (idk what it's really ment for) but it holds about a quarter of water and sprays out light enough the water doesn't get everywhere. Then just take a rag and wipe them down.

But yes, I hate the brake dust these things make. I swear I can clean them, not even drive the car, and in a few days a new layer is just there. Haha
This is why I love having dark rims now. On the silver ones OMG was it ever noticeable & irritating. On the black ones I can let it slide a few days for when I hit the car wash again.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #9345
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
This is why I love having dark rims now. On the silver ones OMG was it ever noticeable & irritating. On the black ones I can let it slide a few days for when I hit the car wash again.
I had my wheels powder coated because I love the contrast and HATE the brake dust.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #9346
Uk2019
UK2019

Drives: Camaro 2017 2ss/eu spec convertible
Euro side markers, soft top trick and. Trunk light

Wired up and added bulbs to my euro side markers.

Made a small plastic piece wrapped in carpet tape with a magnet on the back to allow the soft top to be used without needing the trunk divider. Used a GM carpet clip so the piece can be taken on amd off easily and the divider used if transporting something that could damage the top.

Used an original GM trunk light and tapped into the existing one to add more light to the trunk. On the passenger side there's a little protrusion that's perfect to put the light under
Attached Images

Uk2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #9347
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Adding a light is a GREAT idea - I'm always annoyed about how the light is on the wrong side of the divider...

Do you have the part number? And did you just wire it up in parallel with the existing light or did you use a relay trigger?
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #9348
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Realized my battery is completely dead :(
Turned on the car (without cranking) a couple of days ago to tweak a few settings and walked into the house afterwards assuming it would turn itself off after a while. WRONG. I'm honestly kind of impressed that a car made in 2019 can't determine its battery is getting low, there's no key in the car, no interaction, and still not turn itself off, hah. Oh well, rookie mistake that'll probably cost me.

Last edited by Disarmer; 12-17-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #9349
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Installed the Gen5DIY 106 Navigation unit today.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:02 AM   #9350
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk2019 View Post
Wired up and added bulbs to my euro side markers.

Made a small plastic piece wrapped in carpet tape with a magnet on the back to allow the soft top to be used without needing the trunk divider. Used a GM carpet clip so the piece can be taken on amd off easily and the divider used if transporting something that could damage the top.

Used an original GM trunk light and tapped into the existing one to add more light to the trunk. On the passenger side there's a little protrusion that's perfect to put the light under
How did you wire up the side markers? Did you use the Gen5DIY harness or you made your own wiring (in that case which wires did you tap into)? The Gen5DIY harness costs a small fortune, so I was thinking of doing my own as well for a while now.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:50 AM   #9351
Uk2019
UK2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchu View Post
Adding a light is a GREAT idea - I'm always annoyed about how the light is on the wrong side of the divider...

Do you have the part number? And did you just wire it up in parallel with the existing light or did you use a relay trigger?

The trunk light part number is GM 13503059. Wired up in parallel with the existing trunk light. No need for a relay, used an LED w5w bulb- such a low current draw that tapping into the existing wiring is fine.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:51 AM   #9352
Uk2019
UK2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
How did you wire up the side markers? Did you use the Gen5DIY harness or you made your own wiring (in that case which wires did you tap into)? The Gen5DIY harness costs a small fortune, so I was thinking of doing my own as well for a while now.
I didn't use the gen5diy harness. Their products look good but are very expensive. I wired up my DRLs and side markers myself and wired them slightly differently to the gen5diy harness anyway so that everything was MOT compliant. DRLs are wired into each headlight drl so that the bumper ones also turn off when the indicator is on. Side markers are wired into the rear lights and front headlights. The other option is to just wire them into an ignition 12v source but this way they come on when the auto lights trigger and on unlocking and are off in the daytime or if you turn the lights off on the stalk so gives a cleaner look during the day.