Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Found possible damage to just bought used truck

My wife bought a 2019 ram 1500. It is a very nice fairly clean truck besides some minor touch ups around top of the bed. She went picked it up on her own and did everything. When she got home i went over it and its a nice nice truck. I asked her what emblems she wanted shaved and thats when I realized that there was no “R A M” on the drivers door but there is one on the pass side

Did some further looking and noticed the door jam is a little more Matte then the rest of the door jams. I also noticed the other 3 doors have black vents in them but the drivers front doesnt (the one in question)

Now the outside is spectacularly match painted so its not worth returning but what should we ask in return if it turns out it was painted

. The cab side of the jam hasnt been touch no damage or touch up on fender or back door so i assume it was a light hit and fully replaced unless the drivers door never had a vent in it from the factory.

Anyone have a new body style 2019 ram and can take a pic of the drivers door jam open like around the door latch mechanism.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
A. I would never purchase a vehicle that had been wrecked. Is it a clean title? There's a good chance that it is not.
B. Did your wife ask for a CarFax Report prior to signing the paperwork? On a used vehicle, I certainly would have.

C. The dealer may simply tell you "buyer beware".

Best of luck on this one!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
It has a clean car fax and every search of the Vin comes up clean.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #4
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
It has a clean car fax and every search of the Vin comes up clean.
Wow, that is an odd one. I'd go to the dealer and have a talk with them. See if there is any way that they can help you out.

Good luck.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Most used cars are sold as-is. Expect a lot of push back from the dealer. With used cars, you have to go over them with a fine tooth comb before a purchase, and even then sometimes small damage will slip through your inspection.

Its worth a try; The dealer will probably state that they received the truck in this condition and that there's not much that they can do. Stand your ground; Good luck.

Edit: Carfax. Its a joke. Somehow some dealers will play with that report. I once looked at a '09 Pontiac G6 that had a clean Carfax. It drove ok, but when I inspected it the car had sure signs that it was a collision repair. This car had the marks of the "moved fender bolts" that is a give away to prior damage. Moreover, you could tell that the paint match looked funny; It did not seem to flow as well as an untouched car. I walked away from that car in a hurry.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote