Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #15
JKJZA
ZL1 manual, Black, PDR

Drives: 2017 ZL1 - Black - Born 11/23/16
Scratches and wheel marks on rear bumper. Dealer going to send out for clay detail when it gets warmer. Bad from factory. See it under florescent lights only. Can't see in normal sunlight. Whoever is at end of the line is in too big of a hurry!!
JKJZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #16
NBR IPD

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
OK, sorry to report again on the situation. It's much worse than expected. I should have pictures in the next few days of what I'm about to describe.

I took the car to the detailer tonight and under the bright light found body damage in 3 places. One is a 6" crease dent behind the driver door where the fender flare starts. Another is a dent in the top of the fender in the same area. The third area is on the passenger side fender area just above the tire. The whole fender has been pulled out and does not line up with the bumper fascia or side sill garnish. And no paint has been disturbed or scratched, and no witness marks in the clearcoat. So this had to have been done before the car was painted.

Needless to say I'm beside myself on how poor the quality is on this particular car. I've driven it less than 50 miles total: dealer to home to detailer. That's it! I'm not sure what to do, but will be on the phone with Chevrolet and the dealer to request a replacement vehicle that has not been damaged.

Any advice is welcome. What would you do?

2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue - PDR - VBHF63
NBR IPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBR IPD View Post
OK, sorry to report again on the situation. It's much worse than expected. I should have pictures in the next few days of what I'm about to describe.

I took the car to the detailer tonight and under the bright light found body damage in 3 places. One is a 6" crease dent behind the driver door where the fender flare starts. Another is a dent in the top of the fender in the same area. The third area is on the passenger side fender area just above the tire. The whole fender has been pulled out and does not line up with the bumper fascia or side sill garnish. And no paint has been disturbed or scratched, and no witness marks in the clearcoat. So this had to have been done before the car was painted.

Needless to say I'm beside myself on how poor the quality is on this particular car. I've driven it less than 50 miles total: dealer to home to detailer. That's it! I'm not sure what to do, but will be on the phone with Chevrolet and the dealer to request a replacement vehicle that has not been damaged.

Any advice is welcome. What would you do?
Wow, you seem to have definitely gotten a bad apple. My friends was perfect (I will be looking mine over very carefully). Yours was the one that sat for over a month in Michigan right? I wonder if there is some correlation? At this point I would want another car...just too many problems.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #18
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
Wow!! That's awful!! Best advise I have is document everything. Maybe email yourself a summary of every situation...phone call, dealer visit, findings, etc. Also, be upfront with GM with what you want as an outcome. Of course there's a BUT, don't expect it right off the bat. You will need to go through whatever procedures they have for corrective measures. I highly doubt they will just turn over a replacement if something can be repaired through warranty. Just highlight to them all these issues and try to highlight that there's a chance that they occurred at the same time. Unfortunately, if there is no replacement you will need to bring up every little issue from this day forward. I had a vehicle replaced after 15 agonizing months of issues that started within the first week. I hope everything works out for you. It absolutely sucks if when you buy something brand new of this amount with issues.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:31 AM   #19
NBR IPD

Here is the body crease on the driver side. I initially didn't see it because I thought it was where the fender flare starts, but the flare actually starts at the door edge. That's what the other side does. Anyway, left and right are different and the crease is on the driver's side. I'm still working on getting a picture of the passenger side fender roll damage where the body is more outboard of the bumper compared to the driver side.

I will be on the phone with GM and my dealer today to determine how to deal with this issue.

Name:  20161220_191838.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  161.5 KB

Old 12-21-2016, 02:44 AM   #20
NBR IPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Wow, you seem to have definitely gotten a bad apple. My friends was perfect (I will be looking mine over very carefully). Yours was the one that sat for over a month in Michigan right? I wonder if there is some correlation? At this point I would want another car...just too many problems.
Yes, mine is the one that waited at LGR for a month.

Lesson learned by me: don't make plans with your car (difficult to get detailer appointment in my case) or expect to take delivery of your SS 1LE until it is fully inspected, repaired, or replaced to satisfaction before leaving the dealer lot. That's what I plan to do if/when I order another SS 1LE. This one has gone too far for me to accept owning at this point, which is especially frustrating since my order went in the day the ordering system opened for 1LE's on 9/10/16 and I'm just now dealing with all of this after taken delivery 4 days ago.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #21
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
Hey NBR IPD, what's the status of your repairs? What happened with that crease in the quarter panel? I hope GM is working with you, and I hope you are documenting everything.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #22
NBR IPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77TA400 View Post
Hey NBR IPD, what's the status of your repairs? What happened with that crease in the quarter panel? I hope GM is working with you, and I hope you are documenting everything.
No progress on the repairs. The car sits in my garage. Only delivery miles on it so far. Along with the paint scratches, wheel rash, loose hood vent, gouged sill garnish, and steering wheel not centered, I've found 4 places of body damage.

I've never had a new car delivery go so poorly. This is my first Chevrolet. Is this normal? I'm thoroughly dissatisfied with the condition of the new car as delivered.

I was planning to work through everything to get fixed, but after finding the body damage especially on the passenger side, it looks like it will require paint work, which I don't think is acceptable for a new car. Blend lines and paint thickness variations will result in the door jambs. That's not something I want to explain or have found when it comes time to sell.

Yes, I'm documenting everything and have a meeting on 1/5/17 with the GM representative to view the condition of the car. I'm seeking a replacement vehicle.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #23
NBR IPD

Name:  1Q4B3723.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  121.2 KB

Name:  1Q4B3689.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  Driverside top detail.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:  1Q4B3686.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  123.3 KB

Old 12-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #24
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
I wish you all the best brother. I know that is not a fun situation.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #25
NBR IPD

Good news! A replacement car has been ordered. Hopefully, the option box for body modification has not been checked on this one. After waiting since August 2016 for my 1LE I hope to finally receive a correct example of one by March or April 2017.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #26
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBR IPD View Post
Good news! A replacement car has been ordered. Hopefully, the option box for body modification has not been checked on this one. After waiting since August 2016 for my 1LE I hope to finally receive a correct example of one by March or April 2017.
Good news! Hope you get compensated for the delay and issues.