#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #71
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Avalon, we are in Michigan for the Camaro Rally. I see what you mean about the roads. Definetly do the MRC!!! If you can, come by the Rally or Chevy booth on Woodward Ave. and sit in the cars (Recaro Seats) and talk to the engineers about any questions that you might have.
There are 1LEs there and you are sitting in them? What are your thoughts?

I'm 6'2"/260 lbs, is this going to be an uncomfortable seat for someone my size?
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #72
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
There are 1LEs there and you are sitting in them? What are your thoughts?

I'm 6'2"/260 lbs, is this going to be an uncomfortable seat for someone my size?
^ THIS.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #73
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
...and take pictures!
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #74
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Avalon, we are in Michigan for the Camaro Rally. I see what you mean about the roads. Definetly do the MRC!!! If you can, come by the Rally or Chevy booth on Woodward Ave. and sit in the cars (Recaro Seats) and talk to the engineers about any questions that you might have.
I plan on it. I live a mile from the Chevy booth and will be there Friday and Saturday.

Avalon
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #75
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
Not to bring up an old thread, but curious if people are feeling the same way now that the 1LE is available in some states. I personally am in the quandry now. I had my heart set on getting a 2SS 1LE and have come to realize that not only is it available in just the 1SS but you can't get a sunroof with it either. I have always loved luxury sport and if I wasn't getting a loaded sports car then I feel like I should get a C5 Z06 that I've always wanted. Just like to have tech gadgets and especially with warranty. And living in central CT, I'm not gonna be able to DD whatever I get for at least 2-3 months. I also plan to DD as much as possible. I'm sick of having garage queens that I wash dust off of.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 AM   #76
Michael2000

Drives: .
Having lived in Michigan for several years, I can't think of one road that you could push an SS, let alone a 1LE to its handling limits. The state is just too flat. Being from California, it drove me nuts. The freeway cloverleafs were the best I found.

I do like the Recaros, and the 1LE look, so I can't fault anyone for getting a 1LE no matter where they lived. The 1LE tires also have a bit more traction off the line. The 1LE is a really nice package with the e-diff, better brakes, etc, and, if you think you may go to the track someday, it would be fun.
Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:23 AM   #77
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
I vote 2SS and some BMR suspension goodies.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #78
77TA400

A c5 Z will just cost less. I found a nice 2016 with all the goodies, plus MRC which I think should be a must. As much as I know you lose buying cars, I also look at resale. A 1LE will be a soughtout after car.

A co-worker has a gen5 ZL1 and is part of the northeast group that will gets together to rent Limerock for a day. I've never gone with them because I didn't have a track worthy sports car at the time, so I'm itching to join. With that said, I'll track it, but very little. Whatever camaro I buy will be on the road all the time unless it snows or I'm transporting something that I need my pickup for.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #79
Rafal

Drives: Sold - Krypton Green 1LE
I am planning to get 1LE and DD it including in snow. Good winter rubber is the most important part and usually enough to get you by with no problems. No mountains here though.
Rafal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #80
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
LOL, I just went through this quandary, but had not seen this thread. For reference, I am 67 yo, and have owned and tracked several high performance cars over the years. The way I looked at it, the 2SS with its additional features seemed to be a better fit with an automatic, and the manual trans with a more bare bones model. While it was a tough decision and I went back and forth a few times, I placed an order on a SS 1LE yesterday that had recently been ordered by the local dealership for their inventory. Hope it comes in on or before early January. I may do some limited tracking in the future and therefore will certainly appreciate this cars capabilities.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #81
77TA400

Yea this is definitely a dilemma with the gen6 in my opinion. It's was a no brainier for $3500 with the gen5. I didn't think there was much a difference with the 1SS 1LE compared to the 2SS but there's the eDiff, PTM and PDM. But someone did make a good point, it's not like the gen6 1LE is fixing issues the regular SS has like it was with the gen5. If only I could afford a ZL1...
Old 11-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #82
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
OK- I am older, past middle age. In good shape, and i want a 6 speed manual. I like aggressive seating, driving in a "spirited manner".

I don't track, I live in Michigan where potholes grow on trees and the roads....

Do I get the 1LE package- no blindspot monitoring, no Bose, no heated/cooled seats, etc. but has MRC, NPP, and Recaros.

Or do I get the 2SS and add the MRC, NPP. I can order it with Kalahari interior or grey interior but no recaros.

Love the ZL1 but 650 HP not sure I need that....and have a Duramax 4wd for winter

Cost is not the issue- and i get employee pricing...

Define "spirited manner".... how important is high corner min speed, flat handling, massive grip and turn in to you?

If the 2SS is a finely sharpened butcher blade, the 1LE is a surgeons scalpel.

If the apex of a corner is your nirvana and you need DD comfort of Magride... then you have found your Camaro

see my sig for how to retrofit everything you want from the 2SS starting from a 1LE.

blindspot monitoring..... $5

Seat heaters are easy retrofit install, coolers... more work for sure...

Ironically its better to get a Nav Upgrade from Gen5DIY than the stock 2SS because theres alot of restrictions from factory that are removed....

1LE things you will never get aftermarket

eLSD
PTMS
FE4 MRC

1 year of GM lapping and tuning at the Green Hell that is the Nurburgring to make all 3 work together for the best handling Camaro this side of the future Z28....

Last edited by aa406079; 11-26-2016 at 09:11 PM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #83
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Define "spirited manner".... how important is high corner min speed, flat handling, massive grip and turn in to you?

If the 2SS is a finely sharpened butcher blade, the 1LE is a surgeons scalpel.

If the apex of a corner is your nirvana and you need DD comfort of Magride... then you have found your Camaro

see my sig for how to retrofit everything you want from the 2SS starting from a 1LE.

blindspot monitoring..... $5

Seat heaters are easy retrofit install, coolers... more work for sure...

Ironically its better to get a Nav Upgrade from Gen5DIY than the stock 2SS because theres alot of restrictions from factory that are removed....

1LE things you will never get aftermarket

eLSD
PTMS
FE4 MRC

1 year of GM lapping and tuning at the Green Hell that is the Nurburgring to make all 3 work together for the best handling Camaro this side of the future Z28....
Well definitely getting a 2SS with 6MT. I want to shift....

Spirited- well I get on the throttle once and a while... the 2SS will handle just fine....
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #84
77TA400

So, I'm bringing up an old thread again. I am looking for some input from any current 1LE owners that test drove a 2SS with or without Mag. Ride Control before purchasing their car. Any input from current 2SS owners that made that choice over a 1LE would be helpful too. I recently test drove a 1LE with PDR only and also a loaded 50th Anniversary which included MRC and a sunroof. I gotta say, the 1LE seemed to have a much better ride. What doesn't make sense is the shifting was terrible on the 50th. I am going to test drive some more 2SS's to see if the 50th potentially had a issue with the shifting.

And yes, I am one of those guys that wishes the 1LE was available in a 2SS. And yes, I am one of those guys that would be purchasing a 1LE for the sake of having one. It will barely see track time, if at all. Who knows, maybe it's the car that would get me into it?

Also, I noticed the 1LE I test drove felt like it had a pull to it. The roads seems like they had a significant cross-slope so I'm sure that with a combination of wide tires makes it pull. Just seemed a little much. The 50th barely had it, at least it was only slightly noticeable.