Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #15
out4lox

Drives: Blue Velvet 2SS, 8A, No Options
why shouldn't people be allowed to order the car with the equipment they want? i simply do not understand why anyone would care to enforce THEIR vision of the car's purity of mission on someone whose vision differs. what do i care how YOU want your car? if you want a sunroof it's no skin off my nose!
out4lox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #16
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-conte...rder-Guide.pdf
I found this link that explains the difference between the 1SS and 2SS. I might have actually gotten the link from here. There are actually quite a bit of options you can get on a 2SS as options, but are not available on a 1SS. HUD is one of them.
If the 1LE is supposed to be an added option to a 1SS then it should be exactly that. If GM is not going to allow a sunroof for example, then make the 1LE a trim level, not an option to a trim level.
Furthermore, the 1LE seems to added some standard 2SS models, like HUD. It doesnt seem like as good as a bargain as the gen5 1LE was where big ticket items like the trans and rear end. Those two items alone made it worth paying $3500 for the option. Now the only big items with the gen6 package are the ZL1 electronic limited slip diff, Recaros, wheels and brembos. There seems to be a theory that the 1LE will get the ZL1 rear axels too? I am
Not sure but I read a thread about this possibly, but it has not been confirmed to my knowledge.

Now what can you order/build on a 2SS to make it a 1LE? Supposedly wheels will be available to purchase. You can still get MRC on a 2SS, but is it the same? You can get dual mode exhaust, only front brembo package and HUD is standard on a 2SS. I'm pretty sure you can or will be able to order the same spoiler and front splitter. So the only
Items you can't get from a 1LE on a 2SS are the Recaros, steering wheel, and shifter. Of course the hood wrap. All of which you can probably get aftermarket parts, or just order from GM and put on yourself.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #17
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77TA400 View Post
http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-conte...rder-Guide.pdf
I found this link that explains the difference between the 1SS and 2SS. I might have actually gotten the link from here. There are actually quite a bit of options you can get on a 2SS as options, but are not available on a 1SS. HUD is one of them.
If the 1LE is supposed to be an added option to a 1SS then it should be exactly that. If GM is not going to allow a sunroof for example, then make the 1LE a trim level, not an option to a trim level.
Furthermore, the 1LE seems to added some standard 2SS models, like HUD. It doesnt seem like as good as a bargain as the gen5 1LE was where big ticket items like the trans and rear end. Those two items alone made it worth paying $3500 for the option. Now the only big items with the gen6 package are the ZL1 electronic limited slip diff, Recaros, wheels and brembos. There seems to be a theory that the 1LE will get the ZL1 rear axels too? I am
Not sure but I read a thread about this possibly, but it has not been confirmed to my knowledge.

Now what can you order/build on a 2SS to make it a 1LE? Supposedly wheels will be available to purchase. You can still get MRC on a 2SS, but is it the same? You can get dual mode exhaust, only front brembo package and HUD is standard on a 2SS. I'm pretty sure you can or will be able to order the same spoiler and front splitter. So the only
Items you can't get from a 1LE on a 2SS are the Recaros, steering wheel, and shifter. Of course the hood wrap. All of which you can probably get aftermarket parts, or just order from GM and put on yourself.
So the 1LE package is $6500 for the 1SS and you seem well informed about what all you get for that $6500, but I don't think you realize just how much of a bargain it is, and it will be much more expensive to get a "similar" set up on a 2SS. Let me Explain.

Base 2SS $41,900, and here is all the stuff from the 1LE package that you can order on a 2SS.
MRC-$1,695
NPP-$895
6 piston brembos- $3,175 (not exactly the same as on 1LE but close)
Front splitter-$610
Blade Spoiler-$690
So that's $7,065 right there and that's not including the wheels (which are $750 each from GM), Recaros, eLSD (which is probably the priciest part of the package) and the wheel/shifter. So if you ordered a 2SS with all those options and bought the 1LE wheels from GM you would be looking at $10k in options and that's still missing some other parts.

So basically you can't make a 2SS 1LE and it turns out that the 1LE is an EXTREME bargain even if you do have to suffer without some of the 2SS goodies.
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #18
77TA400

I wouldn't go as far as extreme. The gen5 was an extreme bargain. I also liked that Recaros were an added option, not part of the package. That's probably because I won't be tracking it often. You definitely can't build a gen6 1LE 2SS from GM, but you can certainly get close. And then you'll have the creature comforts with what I think would be comparable performance. U less you are going to track the car often. The only real missing link that would make it a 1LE are the rear brembos and the eLSD. You will certainly pay more money, but it's doable.

I personally am disappointed, like others, that you can't get a 2SS 1LE. I was on the fence with pulling the trigger on a couple of gen5 2SS 1LEs because I was waiting for the gen6, but I almost wish I did. The gen6 is certainly a better performance car, but you can get way more car for the money. Sorry for the rant LOL
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #19
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as extreme. The gen5 was an extreme bargain. I also liked that Recaros were an added option, not part of the package. That's probably because I won't be tracking it often. You definitely can't build a gen6 1LE 2SS from GM, but you can certainly get close. And then you'll have the creature comforts with what I think would be comparable performance. U less you are going to track the car often. The only real missing link that would make it a 1LE are the rear brembos and the eLSD. You will certainly pay more money, but it's doable.

I personally am disappointed, like others, that you can't get a 2SS 1LE. I was on the fence with pulling the trigger on a couple of gen5 2SS 1LEs because I was waiting for the gen6, but I almost wish I did. The gen6 is certainly a better performance car, but you can get way more car for the money. Sorry for the rant LOL
As far as the seats go I think the Recaros are a cut above the regular SS seats (1SS&2SS) when it comes to comfort and support so even if you aren't going to track the car at all the Recaros are a big plus. And the eDiff will make a pretty sizable difference on track, just listen to the MotorTrend guys they wouldn't shut the hell up about how awesome the diff is. But don't forget that the MRC is specially tuned on the 1LE so it's not the same as on a regular SS and the 1LE also get PTM which is arguably one of the best if not the best traction management system in the business.

I can see why people want a 2SS 1LE, hell I would love to have the bose in my car, but a 2SS 1LE would easily be pushing $50k and at the end of the day all those goodies aren't needed for a track day car, and that's $4,000 I can spend on tires and other stuff! But I respect your argument!
Old 11-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #20
77TA400

Are you sure the MRC is specifically tuned for the 1LE? If it is, why would it have the same LPO code? I'm just curious because one of my arguments is that you can get MRC on a 2SS and that would obviously not be a good argument if they are different?
And I must admit I didn't even think about the PTM and wouldn't know if it is available to the 1LE only.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #21
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Are you sure the MRC is specifically tuned for the 1LE? If it is, why would it have the same LPO code? I'm just curious because one of my arguments is that you can get MRC on a 2SS and that would obviously not be a good argument if they are different?
And I must admit I didn't even think about the PTM and wouldn't know if it is available to the 1LE only.
Yep, the MRC on the 1LE is specially tuned with the FE4 suspension from the ZL1. And as of now PTM is only available on the 1LE and ZL1 (along with the Z06 and Grand Sport Vettes). The PTM is a game changer! Pro drivers almost always turn off all assists for the fastest times but with the Z06, ZL1 and 1LE they have said it is better in PTM5 than it is with it all assists off.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #22
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Can't you get the 1LE suspension brakes and Recaros on a 2SS?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #23
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Can't you get the 1LE suspension brakes and Recaros on a 2SS?
They (Chevy) are hinting at it, but it will most likely be just the sway bars and bushings not MRC tuning and I'm pretty sure the Recaros should be an option soon. The 6 piston upgrade you can get on the regular SS is very similar to the 1LE front brakes, only real difference that I know of is they have slotted rotors where the 1LE does not.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #24
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
So the 1LE package is $6500 for the 1SS and you seem well informed about what all you get for that $6500, but I don't think you realize just how much of a bargain it is, and it will be much more expensive to get a "similar" set up on a 2SS. Let me Explain.

Base 2SS $41,900, and here is all the stuff from the 1LE package that you can order on a 2SS.
MRC-$1,695
NPP-$895
Front splitter-$610
Blade Spoiler-$690
So that's $7,065 right there and that's not including the wheels (which are $750 each from GM), Recaros, eLSD (which is probably the priciest part of the package) and the wheel/shifter. So if you ordered a 2SS with all those options and bought the 1LE wheels from GM you would be looking at $10k in options and that's still missing some other parts.

So basically you can't make a 2SS 1LE and it turns out that the 1LE is an EXTREME bargain even if you do have to suffer without some of the 2SS goodies.
It is really only a bargain if you plan to make use of all that 1LE track hardware. Otherwise, most will be better served by all the extra creature comforts and bells and whistles of a 2SS. There are a lot of folks that would gladly pay for a 2SS 1LE because they like the more aggressive look and wheel and tire package. If you look at the Gen 5 1LE sales stats you will see a lot of 2SS 1LEs and a fair amount of them with sunroofs.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #25
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
It is really only a bargain if you plan to make use of all that 1LE track hardware. Otherwise, most will be better served by all the extra creature comforts and bells and whistles of a 2SS. There are a lot of folks that would gladly pay for a 2SS 1LE because they like the more aggressive look and wheel and tire package. If you look at the Gen 5 1LE sales stats you will see a lot of 2SS 1LEs and a fair amount of them with sunroofs.
Then why now put a wrap on your hood, splitter, mirrors and spoiler and buy a set of wheels and tires be done for about $2-3k?? I've seen a few do it and their cars look good!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #26
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The 1LE also has specific shocks, springs, sway bars and bushings than what the normal 1ss or 2ss get.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:58 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Quote:
Then why now put a wrap on your hood, splitter, mirrors and spoiler and buy a set of wheels and tires be done for about $2-3k?? I've seen a few do it and their cars look good!
If the wheel/tire/hood wrap was all someone was interested, in, I'd agree...

But for others, like me (), I'd want a 2SS 1LE so I can get my creature features, AND enjoy a more capable track capability a few weekends over the summer.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #28
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:

MRC-$1,695
NPP-$895
Front splitter-$610
Blade Spoiler-$690

That's basically how I optioned my 2SS order, but I got my blade and deck lid swap for free. I also added my forged wheels, better tires, and some BMR bushings, upper and lower trailing arms in back. So my only significant difference is no ELSD, which isn't a big deal since I don't track my car. It's great, advanced tech and I'd take it if I could have it, but you're really not going notice a difference unless you're tracking the car. Same goes for the oil cooling and MRC tuning...I'm not losing any sleep over it.

No blind spot monitoring was a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't mind having the Recaros and may add them if they come out. Hopefully you can get them in regular leather instead of suede (just personal preference). If you ever owned and DD a car that has it, it can be a PIA to live with and keep up.

If you add a dash cam, there are apps out there that will take the footage and use GPS data to incorporate track and performance data. Not sure how well they work, but it's worth looking into. I saw one that looked good a while back and it was also free.

I personally think that the forged 1LE wheels may be the biggest exclusive feature that you can't buy. They're real forged wheels and a lot lighter than any of the stock SS wheel options. You can pick up some pseudo-forged knock offs that look the same in pictures, but real forged wheels are very expensive, so this is a great value...those are going to cost you at least $1k per wheel.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote