Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #15
iowazl1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
A lot of times the pilots are built on the assembly line, but moving much slower and more care is taken than normal production, as they are testing a lot of the tooling and fit of the parts in some cases. Since this car is GM certified, would not think you would be at any risk, even with the higher miles.

I will say though, I just bought a 14, with only 1900 miles for less than this one, so there may be better deals out there if you keep looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
Normally, a pilot build is pre-production but is able to be sold. This is normally at the start of a new product, not at the end.
iowazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #16
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
I would think that it would come with the full new car warranty since it was never registered? This dealer is also obviously puttng some value to the car that it is a low sequence number and initially used by GM.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #17
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
If anyone is interested, I spoke to the dealer they told me that they acquired this vehicle through a GM auction type of system. The vehicle was used by someone working for GM and then it is put up to bid to Chevrolet dealerships only. It was never "titled" or registered but it still received an inservice date. Therefore it is considered used and does not get a brand new car warranty. It is certified used though. I did not go look at the vehicle, and probably won't be since its more than what I want to spend. But I can try to get there and post more detailed pics if anyone here is interested. Feel free to PM me and we can exchange #s
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote