Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #15
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Dude with headers and cai alone it should be minimal 20-30 wheel. Then add E, another 10-15 is what id expect. Im not sure what the TB and LT2 IM is supposed to make.

Im not buying it still. With a correction factor it won't matter. You can dyno it in 130 degrees. The weather station in the shop will read that and correct the numbers to what your car should make on a 77 degree day and no humidity. Says SAE on the bottom left.

So your car according to that dyno made 412 stock. Add a ported LT2 intake, a cai and header you gain 9 wheel...... load of crap. Yeah the dynos were done a week apart but it was the same dyno. Everyone says a dyno is a tuning tool and only good to show numbers and gains.........
Old 07-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #16
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
It is worth your time to bring your car to another, more reputable shop. They clearly do not know what they are doing.

I had my 2017 dyno tuned for 93 octane and then E85 just about 3 weeks ago.

With only a Rotofab intake and the rest stock, I picked up about 20 wheel HP/TQ just from the 93 octane tune. On E85, final numbers were 50/55 wheel HP/TQ. Your car should be 20 to 30 higher.

On my C6 Corvette with an E-force, I had to go to two different tuners. The first tuned the car and it had nice gains but I felt that it wasn't as good as it should have been. The second tuner did much better and I gained 40 wheel HP more than what the 1st tuner did.

Sucks but you live and you learn.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #17
Essmotorsports

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2018
Sounds like they are not adjusting the correct tables in the tune, and the car is most likely limiting itself.
Essmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #18
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh112 View Post
So, I had a FBO installed on my Camaro. After the shop installed the parts on 91 octane it only gained 9hp and with E85 and additional 31hp for a total of 40hp.The Dyno numbers said. The part I'm questioning is the 9hp on the mods alone that don't sound right. I had a cat back MBRP race edition exhaust installed before the mods so when they installed the long tube headers they said they weren't a muffler shop and didn't have the equipment to install the exhaust back on so it was dyno tuned with open headers. From other posts I've read here these numbers have to ne totally wrong right??

Parts I had installed:
Roto Fab CAI
speed engineering 2" LT header
GPI ported LT2 Intake
GPI ported Katech LT5 95mm TB
ATI pulley
DSX Flex fuel kit
Mighty Mouse catch can

Run 1 on dyno was before mods
Run 3 was after mods (91)
Run 9 w/ E85
Is that new era performance? Looks like their dyno

Edit: just seeing it is. I had the exact same issue with them and they said similar shit and also said they’d recently updated their dyno Calib. And then changed it so I couldn’t compare to others. Car was running exactly the same on 40 rolls against cars I ran against before going FBO - Alex refused to ever have me back in to check out the tune etc. car never felt any faster. Eventually I was just tired of dealing with it so traded it in for the 1le I have now. If you have any questions just dm me went through the exact same bullshit with them.

Guy also sat on his phone baby talking his girlfriend while tuning the car on dyno. Was weird af and was clearly rushing. Have not heard good things since I went over there but it was the most convenient shop at the time. Experience largely put me off tuning after tuning/modding my previous 3 cars so now just run stock

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:54 AM   #19
paulh112

Drives: 2021 CAMARO SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_2ss View Post
RD performance is pretty chill. He's in Ontario maybe he can take a look at it. I have similar mods and dyno was at 490 in 100 degree weather
A buddy if mine told me about that spot. I'm thinking about heading out there just to see what my numbers look like on his dyno.. those numbers are the ones I was expecting to see... not 452 that's for sure.
paulh112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:00 AM   #20
paulh112

Drives: 2021 CAMARO SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
It is worth your time to bring your car to another, more reputable shop. They clearly do not know what they are doing.

I had my 2017 dyno tuned for 93 octane and then E85 just about 3 weeks ago.

With only a Rotofab intake and the rest stock, I picked up about 20 wheel HP/TQ just from the 93 octane tune. On E85, final numbers were 50/55 wheel HP/TQ. Your car should be 20 to 30 higher.

On my C6 Corvette with an E-force, I had to go to two different tuners. The first tuned the car and it had nice gains but I felt that it wasn't as good as it should have been. The second tuner did much better and I gained 40 wheel HP more than what the 1st tuner did.

Sucks but you live and you learn.
ya see i knew i wasnt crazy, I did way too much research for all the parts I bought and spent way too much money for what I got
paulh112 is offline   Reply With Quote