Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2021, 10:05 PM   #1
deathbyc4

Drives: 18 camaro 1ss 1le
Lsailt Mylink interface

Lsailt Android Mylink interface

So i recently purchased a 2018 camaro and wanted to immediately toss out the radio. However, with how integrated it is with the car, I didn't want to lose those features and just put in an aftermarket radio. I'm aware this stock radio is garbage for limiting bandwidth to the speakers but i'll have a fix for that soon ( Audiocontrol D-6.1200 )

So I found the Lsailt interface. This is a plug and play unit to the Mylink screen that will let you switch between the Mylink system and the Lsailt Android system with a long press of the Home button.

*Disclaimer and transparency*

I am not a Lsailt dealer, spokesperson or any association with this company. Also, I have done professional mobile audio installations in the past but this guide is only for reference (so if you buy one of these and screw something up, don't blame me)

Now that that is out of the way....

(copied from their site on aliexpress)

"Lsailt Wireless Carplay Interface for Chevrolet Camaro 2016-2019 Year Mylink Wired Android Auto Youtube Video Music Play "

Link to the unit:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000830272577.html no GPS
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000549464011.html with GPS

(you should contact them to verify this before buying if the GPS one is for your car or not as i don't have that one to review yet)

Specs:

Product Description:
Brand: Lsailt / Navihome
Model Number:LLT-GM-VER3.7.8
Support Car Model:
2014-2019 Chevrolet Suburban/ Tahoe/ Silverado/ Colorado/ Impala/ Malibu/ Equinox /Traverse / Camaro (Mylink System)
2014-2019 Cadillac XTS/SRX/ATS/CTS/XT5/ Escalade (CUE System)
2014-2019 GMC Yukon/ Sierra / Terrain / Acadia / Canyon
2014-2018 Opel Insignia(13-16)/ Mokka(16-) / Crossland X (Intellilink)
2015-2018 Buick Lacrosse/ Envision/ Regal

• GPS Navigator with TF Card: No
  • Screen Resolution: 800x480
  • Special Features: Mobile Phone
  • Special Features: Touch Screen
  • Special Features: bluetooth
  • GPS type: Vehicle GPS Units & Equipment
  • Model Number: LLT-GM-VER3.7.8
  • Car Model: Suit for 2016-2019 year Chevrolet Camaro
  • CarPlay: Support Wired and wireless
  • Android Auto: Wired
  • CAM ADD: Front and Rear Camera
  • WIFI: Yes
  • Bluetooth: Yes
  • Youtube: Yes
  • USB VIDEO: Yes
  • USB Music: Yes

Unboxing:

Initial thoughts:

So at the time of ordering, I didn't realize this was the version WITHOUT the GPS option. Not exactly a clear indicator on their listing on Aliexpress but I dont blame them for that because it was listed in the spec page. Currently shipping this one back to them for a refund to purchase the GPS one. Figured I'd give it a review anyway.

Hardware:

So it comes with a mess of cables. Two cables are for the type of screen you have, so only one of these will be used.

One for plugging in line to get audio to the rest of the car. An external mic cable and a cable for A/V and cameras in.

Has a TF card reader but i believe this is only for map data if you have the GPS option

Some cons so far:

Doesn't have Video out, would be a nice feature but not necessary for my install.

Doesn't come with a Wifi antenna, but it does have a cable protruding from the unit with a SMA connector.

No provided instructions (hence why I'm making this post)

No GPS for an Android unit (in another unit they sell, covered at the end of this post)

Installation:

1). Remove the four screws from the lower passenger kick panel and lower the tray

2). Remove the screen (plastic pry tool around the buttons and two bolts)

3). Run the main interface wire from the kick panel area up to the screen (i used some bent metal wire, like a coat hanger, to fish the wires through)

4). Fish the LDVS wires from the screen down to the kick panel (same procedure as 3 three bu the other direction, pink cable end goes to the kick panel)

5). Plug in the LDVS and interface power cable in line to the screen connectors (two options for the screen power cable provided) and plug the interface cable into the power in-line cable.

6). audio cable i plugged into the aux in at the back of the center console (for testing) but it comes with an in-line connection if you have a stock amp which my 1LE doesnt have.

7). put the interface box in the pick panel with the provided double sided tape/velcro.

8) reinstall screen and test the unit

Testing:

Final review:

So the main issues with this unit in comparison to the other unit (which I'll review once i buy it) is that this unit doesn't have the option to login to a google account. Which means no history or options within Youtube, no play store, no google options whatsoever that aren't already on the unit. This makes this particular unit not so useful unfortunately. It does, however, play youtube videos (through I assume a modded youtube app), USB audio/video, carplay/android auto, etc., but the Mylink pretty much does that as well.

2/10 usefulness: whats the point of an android unit with no google options?

9/10 install: the most difficult was the kick panel screws, everything else is plug and play

8/10 operation: disregarding its usefulness, it does operate fairly well with the touch screen and navigating the options it does have.

9/10 net connection: wireless connection was fine, although i didnt fully test it once i found out i couldn't do most of the options I was looking for.

deathbyc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
deathbyc4

(Reserved for GPS model)
Old 05-25-2021, 10:15 PM   #3
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Doesn't sound like it was worth the trouble.

Seems like VLC w Android Auto covers most of those outside of that "speaker bandwidth" probably needs more oxygen free copper wiring.

Pretty sure no youtube for safety cuz distracted driving n all.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:40 PM   #4
deathbyc4

Well im hoping the other unit will give me the option for more play store apps. They did confirm it has the Play Store, so that means (hopefully) Torque, internet radio, etc. without having to use android auto. I've never been a huge fan of mirroring my phone to another device. I have a Seicane android radio in my other car and it works really well. Since this car is not a double din, I didn't want to go that route if I could find something else and not lose any functionality of the Mylink (like the manual suspension and steering adjustments. etc.). So we'll see.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:23 PM   #5
deathbyc4

Just an update, the previous unit was returned and i have yet to order the gps version. Shipping it back to them was expensive to say the least.

May go another route, not sure though.

Tags
aftermarket radio, android, lsailt, radio