Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: What performance shop should I choose for my needs?
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT 1 5.00%
VENGENCE RACING 15 75.00%
SOMEONE ELSE PLEASE SPECIFY 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #15
Too_Fast

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Vengeance - great people
2017 ZL1 White A10 ... Vengeance Racing - custom camshaft, CNC aluminum ported heads, engine internal upgrades, SC pulleys, Rotofab CAI, ported TB, Kooks headers, Corsa Sport exhaust cat back with black tips, Incurve Custom Wheels.
Too_Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:31 AM   #16
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Sorry but this is a pipe dream. No way this car will run 7s, do 200mph in the mile, and be a street car. Maybe your just not familiar with what something like that takes? Maybe all those in the high 8s but no way in the 7s
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s what l’m thinking too Marko!! Now maybe if he built a Pro Mod then yes but something to drive on the street probably no!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #18
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Vengeance Racing did my Z/28 with a stg 5 with almost 700hp, they get my vote.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:46 AM   #19
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
With a realistic goal of running 9s, doing 1/2-1mile races, and driving on the street then for sure vengeance or CSP (bc they built a TT ZL1 that goes 8s, and it’s a real street car with no cage, has AC, and all the good stuff the car comes with, except heated steering wheel I think. Lol
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #20
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
Sorry but this is a pipe dream. No way this car will run 7s, do 200mph in the mile, and be a street car. Maybe your just not familiar with what something like that takes? Maybe all those in the high 8s but no way in the 7s
Yep. This is a TL;DR of my post.

Side note: I looked into the OP's history...I'm not calling troll (yet) but let's just say he's asked this question before for an SS about a year ago I think it was. Never seems to reply either. Could be a youngster compiling his favorite Youtuber's cars into one. Not sure.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #21
William86

Drives: .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yep. This is a TL;DR of my post.

Side note: I looked into the OP's history...I'm not calling troll (yet) but let's just say he's asked this question before for an SS about a year ago I think it was. Never seems to reply either. Could be a youngster compiling his favorite Youtuber's cars into one. Not sure.
Thanks for ur input much apreciated. For those saying that this isnt realistic, Im trying to figure why u guys think that. My question wasnt is this possible my question was what would be the best shop to take on the task to meet my goals. It's very doable that I know and I'm quite aware of. After doing thorough research vengence racing became a main contender and wanted to see the general public agreed or if their was a better alternative.
William86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #22
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by William86 View Post
Thanks for ur input much apreciated. For those saying that this isnt realistic, Im trying to figure why u guys think that. My question wasnt is this possible my question was what would be the best shop to take on the task to meet my goals. It's very doable that I know and I'm quite aware of. After doing thorough research vengence racing became a main contender and wanted to see the general public agreed or if their was a better alternative.
I guess your definition of "very doable" is much different than the rest of ours then. Because it will take 1700+ RWHP to make a ZL1 do 200 MPH in the half, plus a 15" slick, parachute, full cage, power-glide trans, and countless other supporting mods. Do you have any idea how a 1500+ HP LT/LS TT engine runs on the street? Or driving a power glide with a loose converter around town? Or a full cage complete with door bars and helmet hoop? Your maintenance costs are going to be out of control as well. I just don't think you're grasping the drama of the situation. If 200 MPH 1/2 mile runs and 7 second ET's are your goal, start with a different base car. You're going to rip out, upgrade, and change nearly everything that makes a ZL1 a ZL1 anyways.

Plus, like I said, if you truly have unlimited funds, get a UGR TT Lamborghini Huracan or Alpha GTR.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #23
William86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I guess your definition of "very doable" is much different than the rest of ours then. Because it will take 1700+ RWHP to make a ZL1 do 200 MPH in the half, plus a 15" slick, parachute, full cage, power-glide trans, and countless other supporting mods. Do you have any idea how a 1500+ HP LT/LS TT engine runs on the street? Or driving a power glide with a loose converter around town? Or a full cage complete with door bars and helmet hoop? Your maintenance costs are going to be out of control as well. I just don't think you're grasping the drama of the situation. If 200 MPH 1/2 mile runs and 7 second ET's are your goal, start with a different base car. You're going to rip out, upgrade, and change nearly everything that makes a ZL1 a ZL1 anyways.

Plus, like I said, if you truly have unlimited funds, get a UGR TT Lamborghini Huracan or Alpha GTR.

The car will not be a daily driver it will be seasonal and only on nice days like 3 tom6 times a month. And I'm choosing a camaro because its my ultimate dream car always has been always will be. I've owned them in the past amd I'll more in the future. The cost for this build is going to be between 50k minimum to a maximum of 100k which I already know and am well prepared for. Running 7s would be icing on the cake. I said any where from high 7s to low low 8s consistantly. If I can do this say run 8.2x all day long I've met my goal. If I do this and hit 7.9 it'll be that much better. No i dont have unlimited funds. I have a budget which I've already accounted and know for a fact I can meet my goal with the budget I have. Which is why I said money isnt not an issue.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
William86

I also know what this will require. I already had 1500whp to 2000whp in mind before hand.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #25
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
I can't wait to see your build. Having a car capable and running the number are two different things. You will be the 1st in that territory on this platform, so I would double your budget to account for breakage, maint and tuning changes etc. Are you going to ship the car back to Vengeance for maint after each race event? Lots of things to account for, please do a thread so we can keep up.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #26
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
….general public agreed or if their was a better alternative.[/QUOTE]

There, their, they're, There's a difference! It's perplexed me from day one on this forum how so many folks who have or contend to have big $$$ have such embarrassingly poor grammar. Mine's not perfect, I know, but "there car...", "their was...". Come on people, learn the basics. You have no idea how ignorant this makes you look.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #27
William86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmillion View Post
I can't wait to see your build. Having a car capable and running the number are two different things. You will be the 1st in that territory on this platform, so I would double your budget to account for breakage, maint and tuning changes etc. Are you going to ship the car back to Vengeance for maint after each race event? Lots of things to account for, please do a thread so we can keep up.

Shipping it back would depend on the extent of the damage if any is done and rather or not it can be fixed here locally or not. But to answer ur question yes if I needed to. Car wont necessarily be raced everytime I take it out but it will be raced.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 PM   #28
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
7 seconds and streetable is ambitious!

Can't wait to see a vid of it run. Go for it!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote