Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Edelbrock E-Force LGX supercharger listed on Phastek

Just saw on Phastek, Edelbrock E-Force supercharger for the LGX:

Full kit

Tuner kit

No prices listed yet, but would assume they will be similar to their other offerings.

Any thoughts? I've heard mixed opinions about Edelbrock superchargers in the past, especially compared to other brands, but the only other option we have for the LGX is the Vortech kit from Overkill. Curious to hear what others have to say or think about this.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Unless the kit costs $900 its a complete waste of money for a 30hp gain.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Unless the kit costs $900 its a complete waste of money for a 30hp gain.
I’m pretty sure that number is to the wheels, which would be in line with the gains of getting the Overkill supercharger, around 100 whp.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
That's actually pretty awesome.

Not only is it more support for our cars, that style supercharger is usually a good torque adder. Then youll prob have pulley options for more power later.

Also the results may possible be, " to the wheels" rating.

Im on yhe page of lets not criticize the cuisine till its served

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
If it's at the wheels that would be good power. On their site some say to the rear wheel and some do not so I would wonder. But those kits also run in the $5000-$6000 range with a tune.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
If it's at the wheels that would be good power. On their site some say to the rear wheel and some do not so I would wonder. But those kits also run in the $5000-$6000 range with a tune.
I wouldnt expect less than 5k for any superchsrger... any less and i would legit seriously question it.

For me even it it was 30-40 hp, id go for it on the reliability grounds. I know more has been pushed with the overkill setup. And im not goin for any records. Ive easily dropped about 2-3k currently for where im at. Suspension and performance wise. That's not even touching lighter wheels and brake upgrades.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 11-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #7
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Now I kinda wish I bought a V6 :(
Boy, these cars are gonna be hella fun with that under the hood!!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
PolynesianPowerhouse

On the phone with em now...

So far its still in development. which we all figured... he's running down to check with the S/C guys.

So this is def not concrete, but those are the general numbers they are aiming for. it may be more or less once the production goes into play and they have the tuning down for it. obviously with FI the tune is the money pot.

I asked if it would prob be like another year, they said hopefully not, look for it around spring or summer, or Q1 or Q2. also said to call back around Christmas into January and see where stuff is.

im stoked for it. it'll either be this or the overkill for me down the road more than likely. will has been hard to get ahold of lately. but we'll see.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #9
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this has hope to be CARB compliant, since it would be compatible with the stock airbox and maf sensor ..

YESSSSSs
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:59 AM   #10
Kairles

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green LS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
this has hope to be CARB compliant, since it would be compatible with the stock airbox and maf sensor ..

YESSSSSs
Not necessarily, to CARB legal it has to be tested. That takes time and $$$$$. But seeing that its Edelbrock, its a good possibility it will be. I see a number of their kits are listed as E.O. pending.
Kairles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #11
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
Definitely a WHP rating at 365. They wouldn’t talk $$ on the phone. Guy I talked to said they try to have the products ready for sale 90 days from the SEMA debut. We’ll see.
Attached Images

mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #12
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp88 View Post
Definitely a WHP rating at 365. They wouldn’t talk $$ on the phone. Guy I talked to said they try to have the products ready for sale 90 days from the SEMA debut. We’ll see.

seeing this picture, the emissions code says racing only.... greed dot would be 50 state, or CARB legal if im thinkin right...

Old 11-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Everything is racing only it's a legal term so when you fail an inspection they aren't liable.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #14
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
the point is, roots style superchargers like this one are the only ones ever likely to be carb compliant even if they were all submitted for testing. The airbox and maf sensor and any other emissions related items must all remain in their stock position. Centrifugal that result in requiring a change in the location of those items have little to no hope of ever being compliant.

if it never gets excepted, it will be interesting to see how easily the kit is swapped.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote