Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
ivey_usmc

Drives: 2017 ss1 1le
Is the Bose option worth it?

Ive been looking and cant find a answer. Is getting a 6Gen with the Bose audio worth the extra money? I like clean sound and a little base, Nothing close to comp level.
ivey_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
its head and tails better than with out it..

or get the base and spend 3-5 grand to put a custom system in..
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
In my opinion the base system is very good for a standard system. I have a convertible and keep the bass and trebile on the highest EQ setting, while keeping the mid range in the middle setting. Top down driving im convinced the bass in the stock system is superior to the Bose system, delivering deep thumping bass at higher volume, while the high end is sharper with the Bose system. I like deeper bass that is lacking in the Bose system without a sub woofer even at higher volumes.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
The Bose System blows the piece of crap base system out of the water. Anyone who max's out the bass and treble on any system must love distortion ???

Bose is well worth it.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #5
Chazzz

Bose isnt known for deep bass.....period! If it's crisp highs you seek with minimal bass then you will be pleased with the Bose system. Just don't get your hopes up for deep bass.....plus there is no additional EQ settings with the optional system so there is not much control over the sound. I would invest my $900 in dual mode exhaust.... I guarantee that will be sweeter music to your ears!

Last edited by Chazzz; 07-01-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Bose isnt known for deep bass.....period! If it's crisp highs you seek with minimal bass then you will be pleased with the Bose system.

Have to disagree with ya on that. Its your opinion but totally false, at least on the Camaro's Bose system... What is considered minimal bass? I rented a few Camaro's with the stock POS system and sounds like crap more then halfway up...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Bose isnt known for deep bass.....period!

Bose makes a number of different audio systems. The system offered in the Camaro is very different than the one you find in the Cadillac. Certainly some people like music and systems you can hear thumping from 2 miles away, so no Bose isn't known for such a system nor would that many people want such a thing (thankfully). For the rest of us, the Bose upgrade is a significant over the base system across the entire audio spectrum. The vert has a 7 speaker system vs 9 for the coup, so I'm sure the benefits aren't the same, particularly with the top down as the active noise cancellation is going to be less effective.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
Chazzz

Thank you for pointing this out as I was basing my opinions on the 7 speaker Convertible system, I will hold off judgement on the 9 speaker coupe system.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:18 AM   #9
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
If you are not an audiophile, yes get the Bose system. It will be superior to the regular, non BOSE version. I'm an audiophile, so I overhauled the system. My high and midbass, with the top down, driving at 100 mph still sounds phenomenal, zero distortion even on max volume.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:04 AM   #10
ivey_usmc

Drives: 2017 ss1 1le
A Lot of good advice. Thanks everyone!
ivey_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #11
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I am not a fan of Bose at all really. Besides their Wave Radios, which I have one in my family room and think it is very good, serves it purpose and sounds very nice, fills the room (just think it is overpriced), nothing else that I really care for...having said that, I think the Bose system in my Camaro is one of the best car Bose systems I have ever heard. Is it audiophile quality, no, but it is very good for a car audio system. My Bose system in my previous Cadillac SRX was crap compared to the one in the Camaro. I used to big into car audio many years ago when I was a lot younger that I installed myself so I am pretty well versed in car audio and have built Home Theaters as well. Bose generally is overpriced or mediocre systems, but I am very happy with the Bose system in the Camaro, I think it is worth it along with the other "goodies" in the 2SS or 2LT packages.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #12
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
its head and tails better than with out it..

or get the base and spend 3-5 grand to put a custom system in..
WHAT?
Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #13
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Double Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Have to disagree with ya on that. Its your opinion but totally false, at least on the Camaro's Bose system... What is considered minimal bass? I rented a few Camaro's with the stock POS system and sounds like crap more then halfway up...
I had to turn down the Bass on the Bose system, it was too much on some music. I have had 61 cars in 60 years on this earth and have never had a system sound better than this one does, and they give you enough control over it, to make it balance to your taste. Great investment.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #14
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I got the 2SS for the heated/cooled seats, homelink, and dual zone climate control. That’s what you get the 2SS for. I’m planning on installing my own amps and speakers. Bose is the vanilla of upgraded audio. I have 20 year old Alpine and Pioneer amps that when connected to a nice set of JBL speakers will leave the factory Bose system in the dust.

From my perspective I’d upgrade the stereo no matter what trim level you buy. So if heated/cooled seats, dual zone climate, and homelink aren’t important to you just get the 1SS and upgrade the system with aftermarket.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote