Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #29
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=209864348

Oh shit!!

Don't really want to do a '17, but that price seems good w mileage and it's the exact color combo. I hit them up.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #30
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Hey guys.

I have an appt to head up to my Ford Dealership to do a purchase. Depends on the deal. (Nevermind, Ford said they don't do deals on specialty vehicles).

I know nothing about the option package, so to all my Ford peeps.

It's a new '18. It has the equipment group 900A.

Option list looks small, but then again, not sure how loaded you can get these things.

Has the Over the top racing stripe. $475. (It's a gray with the black stripe which is the only color I like on the 350).

Electronics Pkg. $3k.
Painted black roof. $695.

Sticker is $62k. So, at first glance, doesn't sound too bad for a new '18.

Let me know. Going in tonight to take a look.
It’s a great ride and sounds reasonable. The best part about the Mustangs is that you can go with the Roush kits and stay completely under warranty because of the Ford Roush racing deal...just have to get the Ford dealership to do the install.

Or do nothing and you are 100% right, they hold their value reasonably well.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #31
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Sick price, but can't do 11000 miles. I have an '18 with only 7000 miles and I think I drive alot. If it had closer to 5k at that price, oh yea, I'd be all over it. $59k? That is a good price tho. Perfect color combo too.

I might go check out a White one over at Munday this weekend to see how it looks in person. A neighor of mine has that maroon color in the Zl1 1LE, every time I see it, I stare so.
well I was gonna say if you click back to results, there is a white one brand new for 63k. not sure if that entices you.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #32
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'll say it again. With the Mustang, make sure you aren't simply falling for it without knowing whether or not you really will like it based on the performance. The S550s were the hot ticket when I got mine. And after seeing a few of them around I just had to have one. And that was the worst purchase I ever did. I still regret it. While I had it I tried to talk myself into liking it but the more I tried the more I realized the mistake I made. The car was nice. It got compliments...not as many as my SS did and definitely not as many as my ZL1 or HC does. But it got compliments. And it had lots of nice features. But the biggest problem was the extreme lack of performance. Granted the GT350 will have more. But it still doesn't have enough for that price tag. And even tho you tell yourself or try to rationalize that this is just gonna be a second car and you have your killer car, you're still going from your ZL1 to something that performs on the SS level but for about $15K more than the SS. So just be careful. Don't get caught up in it. Because that was a miserable drive home for me after I signed for my GT. And it cost me $10K in depreciation a year later. At $65K, make sure that whatever you get is something you're gonna love.

Didn't you mention the JackHammer? Looks legit. At $70k tho, needs more carbon.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Didn't you mention the JackHammer? Looks legit. At $70k tho, needs more carbon.
Yea and it needs to be fully options and have more of a warranty at that price too, lol!! It basically looks like what Ford should have done all along as a rival to the ZL1. Honestly if it was fully optioned then I'd take this over a $62K standard GT350.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #34
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea and it needs to be fully options and have more of a warranty at that price too, lol!! It basically looks like what Ford should have done all along as a rival to the ZL1. Honestly if it was fully optioned then I'd take this over a $62K standard GT350.

I would too.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
That is the first Roush Mustang in a long time that looks good IMO
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #36
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
It's a nice car, you don't need anyone's permission to get it. Although take into account the 19 refresh like others said or check if it has the track package. If you do get it be sure to share it with us. I think I've seen your ZL1 on YouTube and I really like it. It wouldn't make sense to get another Camaro imo. Having two of the most proper muscle cars is an awesome opportunity and brand loyalty shouldn't get in the way of that.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:41 AM   #37
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
It's a nice car, you don't need anyone's permission to get it. Although take into account the 19 refresh like others said or check if it has the track package. If you do get it be sure to share it with us. I think I've seen your ZL1 on YouTube and I really like it. It wouldn't make sense to get another Camaro imo. Having two of the most proper muscle cars is an awesome opportunity and brand loyalty shouldn't get in the way of that.
IIRC all 2016 (or 2017?) and beyond GT350's have the track pack as standard.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #38
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=209864348

Oh shit!!

Don't really want to do a '17, but that price seems good w mileage and it's the exact color combo. I hit them up.
This is an example of the cars that make me change my mind about wanting to buy one. Fairly low miles, and already 2 owners? Something is wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
IIRC all 2016 (or 2017?) and beyond GT350's have the track pack as standard.
2017 and newer
Old 06-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #39
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I don't think any of the Roush or other aftermarket modified cars will retain the value or be as appealing as the GT350. Those cars sell here like mad, I'm in the car biz. I enjoyed my 2015 GT PP that I had prior to my SS. Things I hated: rear wheel hop, rear brake squeak every 10k miles with new Ford pads, terrible shifter even with a MGW (non-issue with proper tranny in the 350), and the exhaust sound (another non 350 issue). I had it 1 year 9 months and 28k miles. One test drive in a 17 1SS 6M and I was sold. I do miss the more useable trunk and more useable interior of the Mustang.
My best friend in Savannah had a GT350 for a while and was/is a HPDE driving instructor in the southeast. He said the car was fairly boring on track compared to his Boss. They have been seeing engine issues with that flat plane crank engine, but being able to rev a V8 like that has to be a blast.
I think having two ZL1's would be kind of whacky myself. I do really like the new 18 Mustang GT performance pack 2. It starts at $44.999 just like the 1SS 1LE.
Since you sound like you like to flip cars, this might be out of your consideration, but what about a Civic Type R?

GT350 out my way https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=MUST
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #40
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
I don't think any of the Roush or other aftermarket modified cars will retain the value or be as appealing as the GT350. Those cars sell here like mad, I'm in the car biz. I enjoyed my 2015 GT PP that I had prior to my SS. Things I hated: rear wheel hop, rear brake squeak every 10k miles with new Ford pads, terrible shifter even with a MGW (non-issue with proper tranny in the 350), and the exhaust sound (another non 350 issue). I had it 1 year 9 months and 28k miles. One test drive in a 17 1SS 6M and I was sold. I do miss the more useable trunk and more useable interior of the Mustang.
My best friend in Savannah had a GT350 for a while and was/is a HPDE driving instructor in the southeast. He said the car was fairly boring on track compared to his Boss. They have been seeing engine issues with that flat plane crank engine, but being able to rev a V8 like that has to be a blast.
I think having two ZL1's would be kind of whacky myself. I do really like the new 18 Mustang GT performance pack 2. It starts at $44.999 just like the 1SS 1LE.
Since you sound like you like to flip cars, this might be out of your consideration, but what about a Civic Type R?

The faster car is not always the most fun to drive. As mentioned boring compared to the Boss.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #41
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
This is an example of the cars that make me change my mind about wanting to buy one. Fairly low miles, and already 2 owners? Something is wrong here.

2017 and newer

I won't be the 3rd, so it don't matter.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #42
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post

Haha, me and my big ass in a Civic? I'm 42. 6'1. 250. Not happening. I'm still shopping. I might just wait to see what '19 brings or just do what I originally wanted and that's another GTR. Usually I have free reign to do as I want, but since we got the house in Hawaii, I told my wife I'd actually watch my spending. She was kind of like, wtf, when I dropped another $10k on more mods 2 weeks ago. haha. We'll see what happens. I never know what I'm going to do until I wake up each and every day anyways. For all I know, I could end up with a Stinger GT.