Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Daniel20162ss

Drives: 2016 2ss
Mighty mouse catch can

I got a mighty mouse catch can wild kit 800hp. Unsure of the correct way to install, or even if my fittings are installed where needed. I am procharged. The catch can port with the sight glass below it should go to where? I know larger line to oil cap, and snaller to the intake pcv port, then cap the valley port.
Attached Images

Daniel20162ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
17LGX

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2017 Cadillac XT5
David will be happy to help you. Didn't you get instructions?
17LGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Daniel20162ss

Ive actually talked to david already. Ive told him what my setup is, and hes told me what to do, but every other can ive seen seems to be hooked up a different way than I was going to, and david said theres been very few with a procharged camaro thats running the can yet. Maybe mines different, heck idk. Was hoping someone else had one on their procharger setup and could gekp ease my mind.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel20162ss View Post
Ive actually talked to david already. Ive told him what my setup is, and hes told me what to do, but every other can ive seen seems to be hooked up a different way than I was going to, and david said theres been very few with a procharged camaro thats running the can yet. Maybe mines different, heck idk. Was hoping someone else had one on their procharger setup and could gekp ease my mind.
I've got the MMS Catch can myself as well as being Procharged too.. Is that the Mild or Wild version? One of the can's has a built in Check valve and the other does not. Depending on which one you have I can help you out with how to route the hoses.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:28 AM   #5
Daniel20162ss

Mine is the wild version that I believe was 800hp compatable. The bigger fitting(one that the 1/2 line comes out of and goes to the oil cap) directly over the sight glass is completly open so i can flow air both ways, the smaller fitting to the right of the sight glass(one that goes to the pcv intake port) I can suck air out of the can(kind of restricted) but cant blow into the can at all. I havnt tried to do anything with any kind of high pressure compressor or anything, this is just me using my good old lungs. Lol.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Dysan911

Quote:
Mine is the wild version that I believe was 800hp compatable. The bigger fitting(one that the 1/2 line comes out of and goes to the oil cap) directly over the sight glass is completly open so i can flow air both ways, the smaller fitting to the right of the sight glass(one that goes to the pcv intake port) I can suck air out of the can(kind of restricted) but cant blow into the can at all. I havnt tried to do anything with any kind of high pressure compressor or anything, this is just me using my good old lungs. Lol.
You have that routed correctly. The smaller fitting has a built in check valve in it. So two things happening.

Under normal intake vacuum, it's pulling crankcase dirty air through the larger fitting. Anything attached to the other side of that catch can (Large fitting) is getting pulled into the can and trapped.

During BOOST. That smaller fitting being a 1 way will not allow boosted pressure to enter the can.

While under boost the vacuum that once was drawing dirty air into the can is temporarily disabled but any pressure from the crankcase can evacuate through the vented filter on top of the can through anything connected to that larger fitting (flow air both ways).

The machined fitting holes are universal. You can have whichever fitting you want over the sight glass. I.E Clean side or Larger dirty side. It's up to you how you want it oriented.

Hope that makes sense. If I misunderstood anything you were asking don't hesitate to ask.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 09-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Daniel20162ss

I guess this is what i needed! I just couldnt wrap my head around how the flow actually happens and. Ow that i know, it all makes sense. And just to verify, its best to cap off the valley port woth the cap and clamp, correct?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
Dysan911

Quote:
I guess this is what i needed! I just couldnt wrap my head around how the flow actually happens and. Ow that i know, it all makes sense. And just to verify, its best to cap off the valley port woth the cap and clamp, correct?
yep. Since you are already evacuating crankcase vapors via the valve cover adapter, the valley port would be redundant.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #9
Daniel20162ss

Thank you!!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #10
Daniel20162ss

Ok, so my tuner has been working on my car the last couple days. Said he has it all dialed in,but between 5400-5800 rpm he is seeing a slight "miss" and afr changes slightly approx .20 diff, and comes back if he goes past or allows it to drop lower than the rpm listed above. Any recommendations on things to check? Boost holds steady, doesnt rocket up or fall off when it happens etc. He said he is clueless as to why its doing it, only thing he is contributing it to is the fact that its the first rubber/silicone charge kit hes done, usually does a stainless/aluminum setup. Hes very very knowledgable with F.I, been tuning 15+ years but is stumped.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
You have that routed correctly. The smaller fitting has a built in check valve in it. So two things happening.

Under normal intake vacuum, it's pulling crankcase dirty air through the larger fitting. Anything attached to the other side of that catch can (Large fitting) is getting pulled into the can and trapped.

During BOOST. That smaller fitting being a 1 way will not allow boosted pressure to enter the can.

While under boost the vacuum that once was drawing dirty air into the can is temporarily disabled but any pressure from the crankcase can evacuate through the vented filter on top of the can through anything connected to that larger fitting (flow air both ways).

The machined fitting holes are universal. You can have whichever fitting you want over the sight glass. I.E Clean side or Larger dirty side. It's up to you how you want it oriented.

Hope that makes sense. If I misunderstood anything you were asking don't hesitate to ask.
Dysan, mind snapping a pic of your installed setup? I am thinking about getting one of these for my procharged SS
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Dysan, mind snapping a pic of your installed setup? I am thinking about getting one of these for my procharged SS

you got it.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #13
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
I just installed my MMS Wild Catch Can and had to switch the fittings and rotate the inside of the can around so both fittings would face driver's side of vehicle.

Also, wanted to check since I'm Procharged, I have a vacuum box that connected the blow off valve and the valley and PCV ports. Basically a vacuum junction box. I am assuming since you cap the PCV port that the valley port flows through the vacuum box and instead of connecting to the PCV port, it now connects directly to the clean side of the catch can. Does that sound right?
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #14
Dysan911

Hey sent you a PM. Just to clear up any misunderstandings with the terminology. Just wanted to say that the way I understand it. the Valley Port is the lower one with the PCV built in and where the dirty crankcase air comes from. The upper connection near the throttlebody is the clean side intake port.

So cap off the lower valley port. No longer needed.

Connect the upper intake port to the that vacuum junction box and from there to the clean side of the catch can. (the one with the PCV built into the can)

You already know the dirty side of the can connects to the oil fill cap adapter