Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Bruiser0311

Drives: 2020 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Wind Deflector

Does anyone know if wind deflectors restrict passengers from sitting in the back seats? I want to get one for my kids (complaining about the wind) so they can enjoy the convertible a bit more!
Bruiser0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
All of the 6th Gen Camaro convertible wind deflectors that I have seen cover the back seat area as shown below. The convertible top on the 5th Gen Camaro attaches to the car differently so they have more options.
Attached Images

Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
Bruiser0311

Drives: 2020 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
All of the 6th Gen Camaro convertible wind deflectors that I have seen cover the back seat area as shown below. The convertible top on the 5th Gen Camaro attaches to the car differently so they have more options.
Ok thank you...I was optimistically hoping that there was an option that didn’t restrict the rear seats!
Bruiser0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser0311 View Post
Ok thank you...I was optimistically hoping that there was an option that didn’t restrict the rear seats!
Nope. They work very well, but the only thing going in the back seat with it installed is going to be "stuff" (no people).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:11 PM   #5
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Old thread, new question: I'm thinking about buying the GM Chevrolet parts wind deflector for my 24 ZL1 vert. Those of you who have one...is it worth it? I've got some of those Chevrolet points, so I can reduce the price a bit.

Thanks for any thought on the deflector.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:28 PM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Old thread, new question: I'm thinking about buying the GM Chevrolet parts wind deflector for my 24 ZL1 vert. Those of you who have one...is it worth it? I've got some of those Chevrolet points, so I can reduce the price a bit.

Tara
It isn’t a dramatic improvement, but it helps. I don’t regret buying it. The GM parts web sites may have it cheaper than the price from Chevrolet with your points.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:16 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post

Tara
I'm very appreciative to have it as it makes a difference between being able to actually HAVE a conversation with a passenger and NOT on the highway. And for driving longer distances, it allows you to feel less "beaten up" by the wind.

For reference, I drive with top down and windows up because this seems to offer the most reduction overall in wind while ALSO preventing the wind from causing buffeting of the seatbelt above my shoulder as well.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:44 PM   #8
Grtpkn

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs & 2023 2ss convertible
The Camaro store has one that says you put it in place and you don't have to remove it and it doesn't restrict access to the back seat. I was looking at it and it looks like it will restrict but it says it does not. It's lexan and one that you can get with light up display and all that.
Grtpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:12 PM   #9
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
It isn’t a dramatic improvement, but it helps. I don’t regret buying it. The GM parts web sites may have it cheaper than the price from Chevrolet with your points.
I disagree that it's not a dramatic improvement. There is a slight but noticeable decrease in wind/wind noise with the windscreen up-windows down and a significant decrease in wind/wind noise with windscreen up-windows up.

In cooler temps (I've had my top down when it's 40ºF), windscreen up-windows up make the heater and seat warmers more effective. With windscreen down-windows down, the cold wind negates both. At freeway speeds, I don't feel the seat warmer at all if I'm wearing a jacket and barely feel the heater when the temp and fan are cranked.

@Tara Martin, check out this thread for some reviews.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert

Last edited by MANNAXMAN; 03-08-2024 at 02:42 PM.
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:26 PM   #10
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Highly recommended.

Had driven a rented 2SS approx. 250 miles without one, and now have driven with one installed (in my own car), now for the past 15K miles. I almost never take it out, but when I do, I can tell that it's missing from the moment the speed gets past 35 or so.

Had an excellent buying experience here:

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exter...-92288309.html
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:05 AM   #11
Rckinkaid

Drives: 24 Chevy Camaro SS Convertible
I found this on the camaro store. I haven't purchased one yet, but from the looks of it; it looks like it frees up the back seats.

https://camarostoreonline.com/collec...strictor%C2%AE
Rckinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:43 AM   #12
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Thanks! I have almost $300 in points, so it'll dent the final price quite a bit!

Tara

Old 03-07-2024, 08:44 AM   #13
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I'm very appreciative to have it as it makes a difference between being able to actually HAVE a conversation with a passenger and NOT on the highway. And for driving longer distances, it allows you to feel less "beaten up" by the wind.

For reference, I drive with top down and windows up because this seems to offer the most reduction overall in wind while ALSO preventing the wind from causing buffeting of the seatbelt above my shoulder as well.
Thanks for your response!

Tara

Old 03-07-2024, 09:05 AM   #14
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grtpkn View Post
The Camaro store has one that says you put it in place and you don't have to remove it and it doesn't restrict access to the back seat. I was looking at it and it looks like it will restrict but it says it does not. It's lexan and one that you can get with light up display and all that.
I've seen that one advertised. I'm not sure if I want to deal with powering that light up display. I'm happy with the basic Chevy parts unit, I think.

Tara