Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
matt713

Drives: 16 2SS
Sorry for the delayed post guys but I have things wired up and am overall very pleased with the results!!! Here is a pic of how I wired things up and once I have everything exactly the way I want it, I will work on cleaning up the wired spaghetti mess!!

Here are the wires from the factory Bose amp I used to feed the inputs of the Fix 82.

For the mids and highs, I used the rear speaker left and right. These are the speakers located behind the driver and passenger seats. Those wires are located on the Bose amp X2 connector which is the 16 pin Green connector.

The wire colors for the rear speakers on the X2 connector are:
Left rear + (Green) pin #7
left rear - (Green/Black) pin #15

Right rear + (White) pin #6
Right rear - (Blue/Black) pin #14

Those 4 wires are used to feed the input of channels 1 & 2 on the Fix 82.

Now for the lows, I used the rear subwoofer left and right. These speakers are split up between 2 separate connectors on the factory Bose amp. The left rear subwoofer is on the X1 connector (Black 8 pin connector located to the right of the green X2 16 pin connector) and the right rear subwoofer is located on the X2 (green connector)

Left rear subwoofer + (X1 connector Blue/Grey) pin #1
Left rear subwoofer - (X1 connector Green/Black) pin #5

Right rear subwoofer + (X2 connector Green/Violet) pin #16
Right rear subwoofer - (X2 connector Grey/Black) pin #8

These 4 wires are used to feed the inputs of channels 7 & 8 on the Fix 82 which channels 7 & 8 are specific for subwoofer frequencies on the Fix 82

X1 connector pin out (Got this diagram from another member on forum) 8 pin Black connector

X2 connector pin out (Got this diagram from another member on forum) 16 pin Green connector
matt713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #16
matt713

Now for my remote 12v turn on, I did find a switched fuse that is controlled by the ignition. That is fuse #33 (labeled Wless Chrgr). This is located in the rear fuse box in the trunk just to the left of the battery.

F33

Old 08-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #17
matt713

I got extremely lucky!! If the sub box was 1/8 of an inch bigger it would have not fit in the opening of the trunk!!!

Last edited by matt713; 08-23-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #18
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Looks good...curious as to why you didn't connect door speaker and dash tweeters to inputs 3_4_5_6? I would be worried that the way the bose amp is crossedover and equalized that you may be missing out on certain frequenc ranges...
Old 08-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #19
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Looks good...curious as to why you didn't connect door speaker and dash tweeters to inputs 3_4_5_6? I would be worried that the way the bose amp is crossedover and equalized that you may be missing out on certain frequenc ranges...
Tecboy,

That is a very good point and I do plan on trying several different things to see if I can notice any difference and what you mentioned is exactly something I plan on doing to test. This is just my first attempt at hooking things up and if any other change makes it sounder better than it does now..... then that will just be icing on the cake!!! Another thing I am going to try to do is clip the ANC microphone wires and see what if any changes that makes.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #20
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
Looking to add the same sub you did. Would the FiX-82 add any value if all I am running is a sub? Its been a long while since I've done any car stereo and from the look of things its not just adding aftermarket headunit and running wires to subs anymore.

Edit: After doing some reading it looks like I only need to get some speaker wire to rca adapters and tap into the left and right sub. Picking up the JL Slash V3 600/1 for my amp so I shouldnt need a remote wire. Also which wires on the X3 adapter are the microphone wires. Looking to cut those too.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089

Last edited by lDejavul; 08-24-2016 at 11:50 AM.
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #21
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Looking to add the same sub you did. Would the FiX-82 add any value if all I am running is a sub? Its been a long while since I've done any car stereo and from the look of things its not just adding aftermarket headunit and running wires to subs anymore.

Edit: After doing some reading it looks like I only need to get some speaker wire to rca adapters and tap into the left and right sub. Picking up the JL Slash V3 600/1 for my amp so I shouldnt need a remote wire. Also which wires on the X3 adapter are the microphone wires. Looking to cut those too.
You would be correct, if you are just wanting to add a sub IMO you would not benefit using a Fix 82. You should just use the rear subwoofer left and right to feed into the amp like you mentioned.

I don't have the microphone wire diagram here at work but I can get that for you when I get home.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #22
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Let me know if you notice a major difference in the height of stage for vocals without the tweeters. I actually like how the tweeters in the 6th are dash mounted instead of sail panel mounted in the 5th gen. It puts the words at ear level better, over the mids and lows -- at least for the front seat.

Thanks for the heads up on the cavern behind the rear speakers. Might be able to get creative there one day.
Ok so after driving around and listening to it the past week, I have got to say that I could definitely notice a difference in the height of stage and that I was missing the sound coming from the dash tweeters. I thought I could get use to the sound coming down low from just the doors but it just didn't seem right so I had to make a change. So I swung by my local JL Audio dealer and picked up a pair of ZR100-CT tweeters!!!!! I hooked them up and man what a difference!!! I couldn't be happier with my system now!

The mounting adaptors I made are not the prettiest but they get the job done plus you cant see them mounted anyways.

Picture of the tweeters and one of the mounting adaptors

Picture of the stock Bose Driver side tweeter

Picture of the new JL Audio Passenger side tweeter

And here is a pic of the center speaker. Just took a pic of it since the dash was apart.

Last edited by matt713; 08-24-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #23
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
How hard is it to get the dash apart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #24
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
How hard is it to get the dash apart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Surprisingly it was not that bad. I originally thought it was going to be terrible but it wasn't. There were 2 things that kind of sucked. The first being, when you go to pop the A pillar piece off that goes from the headliner down towards the dash where the tweeters are, that piece is held to the car by these bungee cords, I think they may have something to do with holding that piece closer to the car in the event the side airbags are deployed (but that is just a guess on my part, I could be way wrong) so you could not just take that piece and set it off to the side and it just seemed in the way. Once you pop the A pillar piece off, you will then see a 7mm screw that holds the tweeter grill on, remove that screw and the tweeter grill comes right off. This is for the drivers side.

The passenger side is the same as drivers side except once you remove the 7mm screw you will remove the top part of the dash that covers the defrost vents and where the center speaker is mounted. You will need to disconnect the automatic headlight sensor plug if your car has that feature (not sure if that's standard on all models) that's it, you can now get to the tweeters.

The second thing that sucked was on the drivers side tweeter, removing the mounting screw to the right (if sitting in the car facing out the windshield) is a pain to get to because it is so close to the windshield there is very little clearance.

Wish I had taken more pictures but I was in a rush to get them installed and slacked in taking pictures.

Matt
Old 08-25-2016, 07:30 AM   #25
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
How did you connect the tweeters? crossed over from aftermarket amped door speaker?
Old 08-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #26
suzook

Drives: camaro
So in order to remove center speaker grill, right side speaker grill has to come off??
Old 08-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #27
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
So in order to remove center speaker grill, right side speaker grill has to come off??
Yes you are correct, that is all one piece.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #28
matt713

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
How did you connect the tweeters? crossed over from aftermarket amped door speaker?
They are connected to the after market amp on the front channel along with the door 6.5's