Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

JDP Motorsports

Old 12-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #267
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
FCA just announced they will be firing up an old Chrysler plant in Michigan to build the new three row Jeep. I read that FCA factories in North America are currently running at 92% capacity."

Sounds like FCA is pretty good at plant utilization, unlike GM.
Their Jeep line is #1 in SUV sales, and other than the Fiat 500 and Chrysler 300 they are basically out of the passenger car business in the US, the same direction that Ford and now GM are headed. Sadly, that seems how to keep plants operating at capacity these days, at least for now....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #268
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Any truth to the Tesla interest in the vacant factories coming?, that would be good for obvious reasons, not that i think the electric vehicle is going to displace the majority of highway travelling types of people like myself
JPSS Blackmagic 32mm rear swaybar caster locks and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body Cold Air Inductions c.a.i.MightyMouse Catch can ,npp short throw shift and lifetime xm3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings Verona XO wheels/ccs sp16a track set, mild to wild, acs ground effects BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow cats
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #269
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
that's what Elon said on 60 Minutes
tc@bmrsuspension.com
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #270
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I think the reality is people can no longer expect to leave high school and go earn a good living at the local factory like perhaps their father or mother did. Be it GM or any other factory type of work. There will be more of this sort of thing. I suspect this is only the beginning of it.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #271
ChevyRules

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS NGM A8
All anyone can do now is to pressure GM to allocate the next generation of SUV's and crossovers currently foreign produced to Detroit and Lordstown. Everyone of course is seeing GM outsourcing the products, and yet not a single product is moving to a foreign plant. GM is just killing the products these plants produced. What do you expect GM to do with these plants with no product? They aren't going to retool them for the current gen of Acadia, Equinox, Terrain, etc. That's just inefficient use of funds since they don't need the extra capacity to meet demand. The decision to have Blazer produced in Mexico was years ago before the total collapse of sedan sales.

What you can do is pressure GM to produce the next gen Blazer, Terrain, Trax, etc in these idled plants or even the EV's and autonomous vehicles GM is claiming the move is for.
ChevyRules is online now   Reply With Quote