Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Lord M

Drives: 18 6.2
Cool How To:Non-RS to RS Tail Light Swap No Hyper Flashing OR Harness

There's a lot of guides on how to remove the tail lights out there already look it up if you need to. I found nothing about non-RS to RS tail lights without wasting $160+ on a harness. I spent less than $20 on this. I used the Philips LED adapter CANbus I tapped the wires on the opposing corners as pictured below. The whole bottom row is ground use the one I pointed out in the picture the one on the top opposite corner is for brake/turn signal. Middle wires are for running lights, the thicker ones on opposing corners are for reverse lights. The wiring is the same for both sides just tap the opposite corners of the thicker wires. No more hyper flashing and A LOT of money saved.
Attached Images

Lord M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
Ray-J

Drives: 2018 2.0t Camaro RS 1LT
Cool. What I am looking into is the 19 lights on our cars. I have really been studying the pictures and I think if you get the bumper cover you can swap those out. When I see a car at a local dealer I am going to do measurements but I think that it is possible.

2018 Camaro 2.0t Automatic
Ray-J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, non-rs camaro, taillight, taillights, taillights led