Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
10/15/2013 - 11th Hour Cruise - Endurance - San Jose to Patterson to Dublin.

All are welcome! Feel free to cross post on other forums/Facebook groups.

I discussed doing this earlier in the year, however work got crazy and kept me from setting these up. Well I have a break so kicking this off..

11th hour cruises are last minute cruises that are guaranteed to happen regardless of the turn out. In short, I am going to do the run and everyone is welcome to join .

This is a follow up of the cruise that got rained out the year previous (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205692). Weather Tuesday looks to be excellent, and this may be the last time this year we can do this run since the top of Mt. Hamilton does get snow.

This is a beautiful run with a variety of challenges. There are sections where it is a casual cruise, a sprint, a hardcore road course. The reason I like to do this during the week is to minimize bike traffic. While there is limitless fun to be had, if you drive overly aggressive there is a good chance you could end up a statistic. Since I have been in NorCal this has been my favorite run.

Details:

Route - http://goo.gl/maps/O2UAj

Meeting - Starbucks, Alum Rock Falls Rd, San Jose, CA 95127 @ 11am (get there early! We leave at 11:15am, no exceptions!) - We are leaving at this time to allow for the roads to get up to a good temp.

Break Off Point - Del Puerto Canyon Rd & I5

End Point - Hacienda Crossings - Dublin

This is a 3+ hr cruise, so there will be a discussion the day of to see if people are interested in lunch in the middle or after the run. There is also a 'break off point' for those who don't want to do the whole run.

Lunch options are:

http://thejunctionbarandgrill.com - This is at the end of the first 1/3rd of the route.

Second option is anything that sounds good at Hacienda Crossings in Dublin. Since most people will be going back towards the bay, this seems to be a good alternate.

Post up any questions you have. Also feel free to post interest, or just show up at Starbucks with a full tank!
Attached Images

Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
10/15 is a tuesday? Is this maybe for the 19th? or the 12th?

It's pretty far so chances are I won't be able to make this on a weekend, however impossible during the week. Looks like a very fun route though!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Falundir

This will not cater to the great majority's schedule, however there isn't a reason that a second group couldn't run this later in the month as well.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Falundir

For the record. - I wouldn't be offended at all if someone wanted to copy-paste and start a new thread with a different date.

This Tuesday is just what works best for me so sending out the invite to join.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Falundir

Leaving in 30 for Starbucks. As a reminder for those I spoke to... Bring your radios~
Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Falundir

Parked across from the Mi Pueblo in the open area. Send me a pm when on site.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
aztc4life
Vic Corral

Drives: Camaro 2011 SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
All are welcome! Feel free to cross post on other forums/Facebook groups.

I discussed doing this earlier in the year, however work got crazy and kept me from setting these up. Well I have a break so kicking this off..

11th hour cruises are last minute cruises that are guaranteed to happen regardless of the turn out. In short, I am going to do the run and everyone is welcome to join .

This is a follow up of the cruise that got rained out the year previous (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205692). Weather Tuesday looks to be excellent, and this may be the last time this year we can do this run since the top of Mt. Hamilton does get snow.

This is a beautiful run with a variety of challenges. There are sections where it is a casual cruise, a sprint, a hardcore road course. The reason I like to do this during the week is to minimize bike traffic. While there is limitless fun to be had, if you drive overly aggressive there is a good chance you could end up a statistic. Since I have been in NorCal this has been my favorite run.

Details:

Route - http://goo.gl/maps/O2UAj

Meeting - Starbucks, Alum Rock Falls Rd, San Jose, CA 95127 @ 11am (get there early! We leave at 11:15am, no exceptions!) - We are leaving at this time to allow for the roads to get up to a good temp.

Break Off Point - Del Puerto Canyon Rd & I5

End Point - Hacienda Crossings - Dublin

This is a 3+ hr cruise, so there will be a discussion the day of to see if people are interested in lunch in the middle or after the run. There is also a 'break off point' for those who don't want to do the whole run.

Lunch options are:

http://thejunctionbarandgrill.com - This is at the end of the first 1/3rd of the route.

Second option is anything that sounds good at Hacienda Crossings in Dublin. Since most people will be going back towards the bay, this seems to be a good alternate.

Post up any questions you have. Also feel free to post interest, or just show up at Starbucks with a full tank!

Wish I would of seen this sooner. I would of jumped on it.!
aztc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
Falundir

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztc4life View Post
Wish I would of seen this sooner. I would of jumped on it.!
I highly encourage you to do the run if you get the time. The weather is perfect right now, so there isn't a better time. Just mind the road.