Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2024, 11:57 PM   #1
SamS13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Angry 2010; Starts then Revs up and the die’s immediately

As my title suggests, my 2010 Camaro 2ss will start up then rev itself and then die right after. I just took it to a mechanic that I know who does good work and we’ve thrown parts at it but to no avail. it wasn’t doing this when I took it in. I brought it in to have the Crankshaft position sensor replaced but after the replacement this issue began happening. We began testing by checking voltage, at the ignition we read 11.6 so we had the battery test but it was fine. We began suspecting that it could’ve been the the ignition switch so we replaced it but nothing changed. We are at a loss for what do now, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
SamS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:23 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Not sure if this is the issue but have you looked at the throttle body or throttle body position sensor?

My mom's car started behaving the same way (it's not a Camaro, it's a Hyundai) and come to find out it was throttle body related.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 04:25 AM   #3
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
If you replaced the crankshaft sensor, did you do the crankshaft relearn procedure? Normally it won’t run correctly until you do.

Last edited by SlowLS1; 01-31-2024 at 04:42 AM.
SlowLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:53 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Any Codes?
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #5
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Does it have fuel pressure the whole time?

Maybe something to do with the throttle body. It should have some type of code stored or pending. Does it give you a reduced power message?
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:05 AM   #6
Pops

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 2012 C6 vette M6
One of your sensors as LS1 says is acting poorly . Probably TPS or Crankshaft.
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:08 PM   #7
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
What Are You're DTCs???

Your mechanic should have scanned your ECM (multiple times) to determine issues related to the crank sensor or other (electrical) issues. Without DTCs, neither you nor anyone on this forum can understand the root cause of your issue. You're operating blind and people on this forum are guessing based on what they read here or somewhere else. If you or your mechanic don't have HP Tuners software then SPEND the $$$ so that u know the root cause of your problem and stop guessing and throwing parts at the problem and not resolving the issue. Present your DTCs (CEL) here so you get some sophisticated answers and not newbies acting like they know. If your mechanic doesn't use HP Tuners or GM scanning software go to someone else or a dealer (I hate to say dealer because they can be ill-equipped as well based on my first-hand knowledge).
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 02:17 PM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_SS View Post
Your mechanic should have scanned your ECM (multiple times) to determine issues related to the crank sensor or other (electrical) issues. Without DTCs, neither you nor anyone on this forum can understand the root cause of your issue. You're operating blind and people on this forum are guessing based on what they read here or somewhere else. If you or your mechanic don't have HP Tuners software then SPEND the $$$ so that u know the root cause of your problem and stop guessing and throwing parts at the problem and not resolving the issue. Present your DTCs (CEL) here so you get some sophisticated answers and not newbies acting like they know. If your mechanic doesn't use HP Tuners or GM scanning software go to someone else or a dealer (I hate to say dealer because they can be ill-equipped as well based on my first-hand knowledge).
Easy there sir!! He's new on here, and learning just like the rest of us had to. They come here to ask and seek advice so that they can figure out what and where to go to get the problem fixed. Most of the people replying are knowledgeable guys that have been here forever, and who knida know what's going on! And trying to help, they are NOT new at all... Just sayin. But yeah, DTC codes would help a whole lot in his case.

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 02-05-2024 at 02:43 PM.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th gen, electrical, electrical issues, problems