Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2023, 05:47 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
LOL, I'm not sure if it's trolling if you're speaking "in person", but you do have a real mean streak hrpiii.
I'm a professional wrestler on the weekends, so I give a lot of smack talk. I don't get a lot of smack talk back from them either.
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:15 AM   #16
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I don’t understand why human beings don’t realize this is the correct thing to say. If a customer is frustrated how do you think he/she is going to feel after they figured out you lied to them?
Because people are vain... Lying makes them feel superior like they "got one over on you" and this somehow makes them superior to you.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:25 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Not service-related, but sales related...

I'm considering trading in my 8YO truck for a new one and I got a mailer from the dealership offering $1,000 over KBB value for my truck. I reached out to the service person there that I know and have a relationship with. I asked him for a recommendation of who to talk to on the sales side of the house for a "no BS" experience. I reminded him that I'm no nonsense and I don't play games, so that was all I wanted in return. Tell me the numbers and I like it or I don't. He gave me a name and I reached out to him to discuss a truck that was showing In Transit.

Turns out that the truck had actually landed on their lot that day, and I mentioned to the sales guy that I had that mailer. He told me to bring it with me... I stopped in the next day.

He was all set to go on a test drive and I told him "no thanks." He then tried telling me about how the new trucks are bigger, lighter, etc. I again said "no thanks" and then reminded him that this was all going to come down to numbers.

The used car person looked my truck over and wrote up a sheet on it. Everything got plugged in to the deal sheet and the sales guy returned. They wanted to offer me $2500 -BELOW- KBB value and I just laughed. When the sales guy asked why I was laughing, I reminded him that I had that mailer and that there trade offer was insanely below KBB. "Where is the mailer?" he asked and I told him it's right on the front seat (where the used car guy would have seen it when he started my truck).

They went back and "had to call the used car manager". Now my trade offer is increased by $1500 and their justification is that it's because of the high mileage on my truck and needing tires. "Yeah, that's now how it works."

I told him that KBB on my truck, with the mileage factored in as part of the evaluation, was still $1000 more than their offer. While the rating from KBB does indicate that the tires need to have 50% tread life, they have no justification to reduce the trade value by $1000 for something that has a retail cost of just over $1000 (new tires). Additionally, even if their adjustment were warranted, they still are not including the "$1000 over" that the flyer promised. He again tried to justify because of mileage.

I walked. He texted me after the weekend to let me know that it "didn't sell over the weekend" and responded back - "Not interested. Numbers are too far off."

I just don't understand why dealerships CONTINUE to believe they can BS every person off of the street. It has been at least a decade since the majority of car buyers have had a TON of financial data at their fingertips to use when negotiating prices but dealers still try to go old school.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:39 PM   #18
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Not service-related, but sales related...

I'm considering trading in my 8YO truck for a new one and I got a mailer from the dealership offering $1,000 over KBB value for my truck. I reached out to the service person there that I know and have a relationship with. I asked him for a recommendation of who to talk to on the sales side of the house for a "no BS" experience. I reminded him that I'm no nonsense and I don't play games, so that was all I wanted in return. Tell me the numbers and I like it or I don't. He gave me a name and I reached out to him to discuss a truck that was showing In Transit.

Turns out that the truck had actually landed on their lot that day, and I mentioned to the sales guy that I had that mailer. He told me to bring it with me... I stopped in the next day.

He was all set to go on a test drive and I told him "no thanks." He then tried telling me about how the new trucks are bigger, lighter, etc. I again said "no thanks" and then reminded him that this was all going to come down to numbers.

The used car person looked my truck over and wrote up a sheet on it. Everything got plugged in to the deal sheet and the sales guy returned. They wanted to offer me $2500 -BELOW- KBB value and I just laughed. When the sales guy asked why I was laughing, I reminded him that I had that mailer and that there trade offer was insanely below KBB. "Where is the mailer?" he asked and I told him it's right on the front seat (where the used car guy would have seen it when he started my truck).

They went back and "had to call the used car manager". Now my trade offer is increased by $1500 and their justification is that it's because of the high mileage on my truck and needing tires. "Yeah, that's now how it works."

I told him that KBB on my truck, with the mileage factored in as part of the evaluation, was still $1000 more than their offer. While the rating from KBB does indicate that the tires need to have 50% tread life, they have no justification to reduce the trade value by $1000 for something that has a retail cost of just over $1000 (new tires). Additionally, even if their adjustment were warranted, they still are not including the "$1000 over" that the flyer promised. He again tried to justify because of mileage.

I walked. He texted me after the weekend to let me know that it "didn't sell over the weekend" and responded back - "Not interested. Numbers are too far off."

I just don't understand why dealerships CONTINUE to believe they can BS every person off of the street. It has been at least a decade since the majority of car buyers have had a TON of financial data at their fingertips to use when negotiating prices but dealers still try to go old school.

Because people are stupid and it’s worked on enough people for them to justify keep doing it over the years. I agree with you it’s not good business and in my opinion good business always wins. But I also work at a very large corp that pretends to be all about good business but really does shady and corrupt illegal stuff behind closed doors like all the rest.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:10 PM   #19
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
When you stop to think about it, the mere fact that they send you a flyer offering $1000 over KBB should tell you that they are going to make up "loss" in some other part of the deal. If they offered that amazing good trade-in value and ALSO gave you a good price on the new vehicle, then they wouldn't have a lot of profit left for the dealership. Can't run a business giving out great prices to all your customers if you want to remain solvent.

It would have been interesting if you had walked in and negotiated a good price on the new vehicle, told them you have a potential trade-in and gotten them to value that, and THEN whipped out the flyer to claim the extra $1,000. My guess would be that they would have done some back-peddling at that point and claimed they could no longer offer you the package deal.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #20
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Dam TFS@gmail - I didn't give the "rastler" a second thought but you scared me! Just watched "The Big Short" for the 4th time and I'm a little spooked by the words "corrupt&illegal" when connected with a large corp. and "like all the rest" make me nervous as a long tailed cat..etc. Extrapolate ?
Sorry- off topic.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:19 PM   #21
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’ll put in my experience with the dealers around me, while not major it was still annoying until I got a service advisor that actually did research.

My hood wrap on my 1LE is peeling from two separate areas under the hood, I initially made an appointment and went to a nearby dealer. The advisor there took a look and asked me if the wrap was aftermarket to which I said it’s from factory apart of the 1LE package. He opens the hood and points to the line at the edge of the hood and says the hoods are painted from factory and not wrapped. I told him that all 1LE’s have wrapped hoods but he said he’s ’pretty sure’ they’re painted. Whatever, it was a good 100° outside and my energy was at a low so I agreed to disagree and went home.

Called two more dealerships nearby and both tell me it’s not supposed to be wrapped even after I gave them my VIN. For giggles I contacted Chevrolet and guess who told me that it’s supposed to be painted. To their credit they did apologize after I told them to double check and they found on the window sticker the wrap listed under 1LE.

From there I took the car back and did another attempt with a different advisor, window sticker ready to correct any misinformation. This new advisor took my concern and told me they were unsure but would check and a few hours later I got a text from them confirming it was indeed a wrap. (Now I await to see if they’ll rewrap the hood )

I did find that the original advisor and even another advisor at a different dealership were so confident in telling me the hood is painted and not wrapped from factory, though I should be thankful as now I’ve found an advisor that does their research instead of confidently bs’ing me

I would like to give them the chance but these days I’m turning into this it seems

(And it’s not just Chevy, BMW and Mercedes gives the run around with prior issues too )
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:19 PM   #22
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
They weren't incorrect in telling you the 1LE hoods are painted from the factory. It's just that after they are painted, they get wrapped (down the road in another building if I remember a previous thread correctly).
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:10 AM   #23
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
They weren't incorrect in telling you the 1LE hoods are painted from the factory. It's just that after they are painted, they get wrapped (down the road in another building if I remember a previous thread correctly).
I totally understand the hoods being painted the vehicle color then wrapped later but considering the window sticker itself saying it’s a wrap by GM I feel there should be a little more research put into something before straight telling someone false info.

I had a similar issue happen with BMW, took my brothers X5 in for the center console heating pad not working and the first thing they say is it’s not covered due to spilled liquid. Which I in turn told them there was no spillage and they are more than welcome to check. This is also the same advisor that tried to get me on the hook for a $250 diag fee since they claimed the liquid presence. To no surprise when I picked up the car they had no indication of doing any work or even checking inside the console. I could easily tell as my brother had items in the console that were not moved (along with the car not being moved out of their parking lot, thanks to the BMW app showing live location and history lol).
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:05 AM   #24
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Dam TFS@gmail - I didn't give the "rastler" a second thought but you scared me! Just watched "The Big Short" for the 4th time and I'm a little spooked by the words "corrupt&illegal" when connected with a large corp. and "like all the rest" make me nervous as a long tailed cat..etc. Extrapolate ?
Sorry- off topic.
Hahaha I’m a union hourly employee who just got turned into a Gucci wearing delivery boy per the media. I’ll rant to you in PM if you are truly interested ive derailed enough threads

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:59 AM   #25
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by I don't want a mustang View Post
Yep, Rt 1 and Jeff Davis Highway (we're all racists). The dealership is ancient and used to be called Heritage Chevrolet back when I bought my kickin' rad medium quasar blue 1992 Chevy Baretta GTZ. Strosnider is in Hopewell. It's still there.

At another dealer I got into a 10 minute argument with a Toyota service writer because he wanted to put the correct oil for a 4.6L Tundra...in my 5.7L Tundra. Not the same viscosity. I begged him to please put in the right oil.

Free oil changes for life or I would have walked away.
Goyne Chevy was the original name of that dealer. It just popped into my head for some reason. We moved in '76, so there's no telling how many owners it's had since then.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:24 PM   #26
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
Dealer Drama

my commuter car, a 2012 volt, had a recall that required removal of the transmission. Upon picking up the car and making my maiden voyage into the office I rolled up to a light and noticed blue smoke coming out from under the hood. I was about a mile away from the office and once I got into the parking lot I popped open the hood to have a look. I found the fill plug, and the socket used to remove it, on the firewall.

Called the dealer and told them they needed to come get the car and fix it. The next day they called and said it was ready. I told the service manage I was very disappointed in the lack of attention to detail and my paperwork needed to state any issues with the transmission would be fully covered under warranty due to their negligence. I also told her I found the tooling used and I wanted to give it back to the tech that worked on the car. When he came to the desk and I gave him the socket he looked at it and walked away - didn't say one work to me...

I've bought 3 new cars since and didn't use this dealer at all

the Volt continued to run for a few more years after the trans drama until the main battery failed and it wasn't cost effective to fix it
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 11:17 AM   #27
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Dealer service can be very hit or miss. Some dealers have excellent service departments. Others are really full of nit-wits at every turn.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that in order for a dealer to make their budgets and pay their bills they need the service department to be full, all 20 bays with a car being worked on at all hours of the day, and they need the cars in and out. They cannot afford to spend a long time troubleshooting on issues that pay little on the book time. I bet the warranty book time from GM to replace the hood wrap on a 1lE is like an hour or something. But the dealer people know to do it right you need to use a heat gun and slowly heat it up, peeling it all back inch by inch, and then replace it with the new one meticulously, all of which probably takes at least half a day if not longer.

So they make crap like that up just to keep from having to do it in the first place.

Or they could just be completely incompetent and should not be making their livelyhood within 10 feet of anyone's car.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote