Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #71
Indypete

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Cars are awesome once you get past the BS. Good luck!
Yeah, I knew about the Tranny stuff going in. I have a year of warranty left so I have time to break it still. After that it's HPtuners time and Whipple..
Indypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #72
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
JT58 - whats the latest on this adventure ?

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #73
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
21,450 miles and mine just took a shit.

taking it in Monday to the same stealership who them and GM refused to do the tsb on my rear end grinding.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:46 AM   #74
Indypete

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS
Update

Got her back after a single flush. Issue is completely gone. Hopefully I'll never have to type in this thread again :-)
Indypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #75
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I'm trying to diagnose a steering wheel vibe under hard acceleration on my 5th gen SS & am just wondering where this shuddering is felt? I just want to rule out a possible TC issue with my car. Do you feel it in the steering wheel in your hands holding the wheel at all? Or is it just the whole car pretty much?

My car is fine on steady speed its when I drop the hammer when I feel it but it stops as soon as I let off some too. So just trying to get some ideas on where to look with it.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:32 PM   #76
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
the shuddering was felt more in the floorboard for me.

if you are feeling it under hard acceleration, it's not the shudder. The shuddering is root caused by the transition between the high and low pressure pump. under even moderate acceleration, the high pressure pump is being used. not to say there isn't some other issues you may have that coincide with it, but I don't believe you have "the shudder"
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #77
chross12

Drives: 2016 ss whipple,rotofab,A8,magride
Just had the upgraded new convertor from my dealership day before yesterday. Car runs fine no more shuddering in the overdrive gears. I had the triple flush first a few months ago to no avail. Only issue is that i noticed the tach bouncing a few times. A8 is a better option in my opinion.
chross12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #78
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chross12 View Post
Just had the upgraded new convertor from my dealership day before yesterday. Car runs fine no more shuddering in the overdrive gears. I had the triple flush first a few months ago to no avail. Only issue is that i noticed the tach bouncing a few times. A8 is a better option in my opinion.
Is the upgraded converter a GM part ? Is it a higher stall speed unit? Wouldn't happen to have the part number for it?
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #79
BRKGBAD

Drives: my feet
*Editing for privacy*

Last edited by BRKGBAD; 01-10-2023 at 03:22 PM.
BRKGBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #80
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Flush does not fix anything...once a converter starts to shudder, it has a problem and needs replaced. These are band-aid measures to get the customer out the door and hopefully not return until the warranty is up.

Imho you have 3 options....

1) Get the TCM tuned asap after purchasing a A8 car to eliminate AFM and the TCC slip tables. This may void your warranty but it is a true fix to the problem as long as the converter is not already toast.

2) Get the converter replaced with the updated unit or purchase a good aftermarket converter from FTI or Circle D.

3) Trade the A8 car for a A10 or Manual.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 AM   #81
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
So you think the "updated" converter has solved the problem? I had mine replaced with new at the dealership (I need to check part number to be sure that it is the updated unit) and thought I still needed to change the slip tables.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:47 AM   #82
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
So you think the "updated" converter has solved the problem? I had mine replaced with new at the dealership (I need to check part number to be sure that it is the updated unit) and thought I still needed to change the slip tables.
I can't say for certain that it's a fix, but there's no current way of knowing. there are reports of people that have had theirs replaced, and the problem returned, but why. We don't know if they just didn't get the updated tc, or if there are other issues. Knowing what I know about how tc's work, and how this car is tuned for the v4/v8 transition, and how this tc itself is made, I will say that it isn't a permanent fix until I'm proven otherwise.

This I do know: I had a triple flush at 10,758. according to my build date, I should have had the new fluid, also flushed with the new fluid. the problem slowly faded over the next few hundred miles, but came back with a vengeance. at 12,925 I got another triple flush (why, I don't know). I had to drive the 200 miles, but the problem never went away, not even almost. I gave it a little more time just to prove a point. at 13618 I got a new converter. At every flush, and tc change, they say they put the controller into learn mode, and that the shifting may be a little off while it learns how I drive again. after the tc change, my transmission was like a new animal. The shifts were crisper. there was no hesitation anymore. I don't know what they changed that time, but I'm having a hard time attributing it just to a better tc.

I don't know if that change to the shifts/etc is what did it, or if it's the fact I haven't let my car go into v4 mode at all since the tc change. I'm at 16543 right now and the issue is non existent. I wish there was some way I could pull the data off the tcm to see if they did change something, but I don't know how without spending the dollars on the software, and even then I don't know if I can without unlocking it/paying for the credits.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #83
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Slip tables need addressed regardless of the converter used imo. However if I could get the updated converter for free, then I would do it...also not everybody is willing to risk voiding warranty, so in that case replacing the converter is the next best option.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #84
Bwright4

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic black,NPP,MRC
I am at 14,300 miles with no shudder as of this morning's drive. 2016 2 ss A8. Just keep driving till happens. Wishing i could just get them to address now before current tc is gone. Know i have warranty for a while but feel just matter of time. Is there anyone on the forum that has higher mileage on a 16 that has not seen the shudder yet? Just wondering.
Bwright4 is offline   Reply With Quote